bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Cajun Cop: The French Quarter Caper

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 24, 09 12:05 AM
Join the famous Inspector Jacques Lamont as he pursues a dastardly gang of jewel thieves through the streets of the Big Easy in this exciting Hidden Object game! Scour the city of New Orleans for clues, from the haunts of the rich to gritty back alleys, to catch the crooks. Use your keen wits to bring these clever gangsters to justice as they attempt to cover their tracks and escape from Cajun Cop!

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Re:Cajun Cop: The French Quarter Caper

[Post New]by lineck on Nov 24, 09 12:16 AM
Downloading now looking at the blog it seems similar to Museum 2 with hot spots ect just hope it runs long enough it has only taken 10min max to download the trial not sure if that is the complete game though, will be back.

Cheers
lineck

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Nov 24, 09 12:34 AM
I already demo'd this game elsewhere. It's rather easy, but interesting for some reason. So far with the demo, it's a basic HOG with some easy mini games. There are some very easy tasks to do in each scene. Great game for beginners and kids. They should put some kind of loop on the music though. Graphics are good. I got to the begining part of Chapter 4 (out of 10) in 1 hour. I was taking my time and not breezing through tho.

Unless BF fixed it, if you are asked to find an oar in one of the police station scenes... forget it. It's not there and you will have to start all over under a new name and hope the game doesn't ask for the oar again.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Nov 24, 09 12:40 AM
Yes I have just done the first chapter and so far nothing exciting h o only was hoping for something more, but will keep plodding along until the end of demo to see, but yes Scotcat more a hidden object type not much advanture in it so far.

Cheers
lineck

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 24, 09 1:11 AM
I like the blinking lights, which lead me to enter other "boxes" in the same screen. Thus I have in one screen 1 main, and two sub-screens to search.
The graphic is good, and so far no dark places. I hate mini games, prefer good plot.

"Thanks" (BF) for the "giving"...

[Post New]by briteredlips on Nov 24, 09 1:31 AM
I played the demo and I enjoyed it. Nice graphics. Generous hints that recharge rather quickly. Sparkling spots that hide items or tell you what to do. I liked going from room to room although at times I was not sure where to go. I found this game interesting and my hour flew by. I will purchase this game and therefore, I have to give Cajun Cop a Thumbs Up!

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Nov 24, 09 1:32 AM
like to know if this is the full down load? some of us have to watch our download package. thanks.

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Nov 24, 09 3:28 AM
Really curious about the length of this game. I learned to be cautious about this when I bought Robinson Caruso only to discover I had completed all but about 10 minutes in the trial. The information about the nonexistant oar also bothers me. Has BF been told about it yet? I have learned that if one glitch exists, there are surely more. Thanks for any help.

frank2004
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by frank2004 on Nov 24, 09 3:37 AM
i thought this game was pretty good also, but i couldnt find the oar either. had 2 start over also. bummer.

Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Teach496 on Nov 24, 09 3:58 AM
I can't use the "hand" to pick up objects. Am I doing something wrong? Items sparkle, the curser turns to a hand but will not pick up the object. Re-installed and same thing. Any suggestions?
Thanks all

WinonaCook
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,870 Posts

[Post New]by WinonaCook on Nov 24, 09 4:16 AM
Teach496 wrote:I can't use the "hand" to pick up objects. Am I doing something wrong? Items sparkle, the curser turns to a hand but will not pick up the object. Re-installed and same thing. Any suggestions?
Thanks all

The hand is used to move the object not necessarily pick it up. Move it to one side or the other or up or down to find an object under or behind it

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 24, 09 4:25 AM
sanpry wrote:like to know if this is the full down load? some of us have to watch our download package. thanks.

Yes, this is the full game but you can only play a 60 min. Demo. if you buy, the rest will be unlocked.

Only some large file (LF) games have partial Demos that can be DL'd because they are such big files. This is a relatively small game.

HOG_ger
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by HOG_ger on Nov 24, 09 6:05 AM
maggiefromOK2 wrote:Really curious about the length of this game. I learned to be cautious about this when I bought Robinson Caruso only to discover I had completed all but about 10 minutes in the trial. The information about the non-existent oar also bothers me. Has BF been told about it yet? I have learned that if one glitch exists, there are surely more. Thanks for any help.

I agree, I want to know the length of play.

After playing 20 mins (the office and first scene) I think I'll pass on this one. Interesting play but with the oar glitch I would not play it a second time. and to me, that isn't much value. would have to think twice even for the $2.99

clutchola
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by clutchola on Nov 24, 09 6:20 AM
BF has NOT fixed the "oar problem" and that is very frustrating. I already had to start over when I purchased the game because my play did not stay after the trial expired. I do not want to start over again so I will wait a couple of days to see if BF fixes this issue. Because it is a known issue, I will ask for my money back if they don't. That is too bad because I really like this game; it is relaxing but interesting enough to keep me going.

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Nov 24, 09 6:49 AM
some of the problems that arise ( oar in police station ) should always be a reminder to people not to jump right in and purchase a game. Wait until facts about any game are compiled and reported by other members. For those wondering about replay value, it is there since I demoed the game elswhere yesterday and needed to start over today. Some of the requested objects were different in the two trials. Nice easy game, no pressure. Might buy it someday if it becomes a daily deal.

[Post New]by Stoneys on Nov 24, 09 7:04 AM
Is any one else having trouble playing this game??? I get to the title page then it freezes on me. The street lights are flashing and I lose my curser. Anybody got any ideas???

Edited on 11/24/2009 at 7:05:05 AM PST

epcart
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by epcart on Nov 24, 09 7:30 AM
I have downloded this game three times and still get the distortion on the beginning. What's up? I would like to try the game, but can't.

[Post New]by agsauto on Nov 24, 09 7:35 AM
Stoneys wrote:Is any one else having trouble playing this game??? I get to the title page then it freezes on me. The street lights are flashing and I lose my curser. Anybody got any ideas???

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 24, 09 7:39 AM
I got this game a few days ago otherwise I would have waited for BF, in another scene as well they ask you for an item and it wasn't in the scene what so ever. When your in the Wharf scene with the ramp going up to the ship they asked for two balls and only one was on the scene. Cats Eyes games has good games but they could of beta tested this one better.

Sassy

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Nov 24, 09 8:37 AM
Another heads up... I let my trial time expire and bought. I have to start from the beginning again.........

Go to: