No Oar in Police Station

clutchola
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

No Oar in Police Station

[Post New]by clutchola on Nov 24, 09 6:29 AM
This issue has already been addressed in another thread, but I think it should have it's own discussion. The second time you go back to the detectives office the game asks you to find an "oar". When you click on the "hint" button it goes to a place behind the chair. I tried adjusting my display settings to no avail and then I found a discussion that comments on this issue. The other user who posted this info said you had to re-start the game and "hope" the oar was not asked for! I already had to restart the game after I purchased it because my play was erased after the trial expired.

Sooooo....I will expect my money back if BF cannot rectify this problem especially since it is a known issue. Too bad because I like this game and would like to continue playing it.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

Re:No Oar in Police Station

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 24, 09 7:40 AM
THX Clutchola,

I will be looking for CS to fix the OAR then i will buy

THX again for this THREAD, I agree that it needs to have its own thread, so BFG can SEE that there is a "PROBLEM"

Happy gaming
PEN

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 24, 09 7:58 AM
I wonder if anyone has contacted Customer Service about the problem? Can't be fixed until they know it's broke.

I do want to remind members that for 99% of the games, Big Fish is a distributor, not a developer, so they aren't responsible for the oar not being there but they will take ownership of the problem and contact the developer for a remedy.

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Nov 24, 09 12:24 PM
I have run into the same problem about the oar. I had to re-start the game when I bought the game which was a disappointment. I am enjoying the game so help the problem can be fixed.

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Nov 24, 09 12:47 PM
Same here. Even with changing the settings, nothing helped. It is a disappointment for sure. The oar is off the screen entirely.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Nov 24, 09 1:19 PM
I restarted the game and still no oar. Unfortunate.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Nov 24, 09 1:21 PM
I'm going to try it one more time.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Nov 24, 09 2:23 PM
Well, I just started the game for the third time and guess what? Had the oar in the list again. I think I'll just wait until they fix it now.

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Nov 25, 09 9:35 AM
I'm having the same problem. Played again this time as the detective but the oar is still nowhere to be found. Both Rookie and Detective plays the clue is an Oar.

Vanadvindun
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Vanadvindun on Nov 25, 09 6:29 PM
I, too, have the same problem. I just submitted a "Technical Issue" submission to BFG. I'll update this reply, once I've received an answer. If anyone else has already received an answer, please share with the rest of us. Thanks.

[Post New]by Raygan on Nov 25, 09 7:05 PM
penrose47 wrote:THX Clutchola,

I will be looking for CS to fix the OAR then i will buy

THX again for this THREAD, I agree that it needs to have its own thread, so BFG can SEE that there is a "PROBLEM"

Happy gaming
PEN

[Post New]by Raygan on Nov 25, 09 7:08 PM
There is no oar,I have been in this part of the game and can't get through it and I have already purchased it

[Post New]by SilverFox25 on Nov 26, 09 4:01 PM
Same problem here, no oar. Customer Service is always responsive, but being Thanksgiving I'll have to wait a day. Like the game a lot so I hope they have a fix done quickly.

[Post New]by bantychicken on Nov 26, 09 6:37 PM
thank you for the tips..i have wasted an hour trying to find the oar but now i know it wasn't my old eyes. Hopefully, the problem will be remedied or we will all have to ask for a refund..love the game, though.

[Post New]by yetmost on Nov 27, 09 6:14 PM
I also have played it twice with no success.
Maybe it will get fixed.

MeowTsetung
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,752 Posts

[Post New]by MeowTsetung on Nov 27, 09 6:24 PM
Does anybody know if this technical problem of no oar was corrected? I DL but haven't bought the game yet. I have been waiting to make sure it was fixed because I see here that several people are stuck and can't go on in the game.
Thanks.

[Post New]by pbooker_sms on Nov 28, 09 11:03 AM
Still NOT fixed

MeowTsetung
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,752 Posts

[Post New]by MeowTsetung on Nov 28, 09 12:22 PM
pbooker_sms wrote:Still NOT fixed

Thanks for info, pbooker_sms.
I'll keep waiting or delete game, can't buy as is.

[Post New]by yetmost on Nov 28, 09 2:43 PM
After about the 6th try I finally got out of the police station. This time there was no oar listed.
There was a broom near that area.

[Post New]by ALAZAR on Nov 28, 09 3:44 PM
I ALSO WAS ENJOYING THE GAME IN CAJUN COP THE FRENCH QUARTER CAPER. UNTIL I GOT TO THE PART OF FINDING THE OAR. THE HINT BUTTON SHOWS IT IS BEHIND THE CHAIR, BUT TO NO ADVAIL, THERE IS NO OAR. WHAT'S UP WITH THE OAR NOT BEING THERE? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RETRIEVE IT?

Go to: