technical difficulties

technical difficulties

[Post New]by lauratiny on Nov 24, 09 6:57 AM
Is anyone else having issues? I tried saving when I was at the Istanbul courtyard and then an error message popped up and closed the game. I lost a lot of progress. And then when I tried to open it and load the saved game before that, it would freeze as it was trying to load the save. Has anyone else experienced this?

scott7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:technical difficulties

[Post New]by scott7 on Nov 24, 09 4:11 PM
I'm having the same problem - is very frustrating because I'm loving this game. I am wondering if it's because I have too many saves.

[Post New]by Eruss238 on Nov 24, 09 6:39 PM
I am also having the same difficulties.
I uninstalled and downloaded again.
The saved games remained in the new installation and the same problems are still there.

[Post New]by ringocolumbus on Nov 29, 09 8:19 AM
I am also having these problems. It happened while I was playing the "November 8" chapter. The game closed on me and I received an error message, unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to read the error. When I try to play the game, I can not open my saved game. It does let me begin a new game. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

[Post New]by lookout_n_c on Dec 12, 09 1:37 PM
Same problem. Game crashes when attempting to save any time after phone call from Anderson about Istanbul art gallery.

[Post New]by lafondap on Dec 12, 09 4:32 PM
I am also having the same problems. Has anyone gotten any help?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 12, 09 9:14 PM
Assuming you bought the game here at Big Fish Games, the best thing is to get in touch with Customer Service. They should be able to help you one way or another.

Just click on the green envelope in the right column.

Sorry you're run into a problem--I know that must be frustrating.

Good luck!
Robin

jordway
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jordway on Dec 13, 09 7:27 AM
I had posted a rather lengthy reply a few minutes ago but decided to delete it after trying something that seemed to provide a workaround for the save game problem. I was having the same problem as others.....access violation message when saving and freezing the computer when trying to load a saved game, etc. The save files are in My Documents in a sub folder named CoM...(at least they are on my computer). I moved the CoM folder out of My Documents (put it on my desktop) and restarted the game. This time the game started without any save files. I played for about 15 minutes, stopping to save the game 8 times with no problems. I also loaded some of the saved games with no problem. New save files were created again. I then deleted the old folder I had on the desktop. I know this isn't a fun solution for someone who is far into the game, but at least it appears to be a way to play while we wait for a real solution. Apparently something happens that corrupts the save process and it cannot recover. I am in touch with tech support and hope others will let them know about this too. I do not have a driver or graphics card problem and went through the process of checking the drivers for them. I hope this helps someone.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Dec 13, 09 2:14 PM
I really loved this game. I like to play large file adventure games. I did have technical difficulties when play the game. The game completely froze on me at least six differant times when I would click on the main menu tab. I over looked this due to the fact that I liked the game so much.

[Post New]by motherov4 on Dec 14, 09 3:53 PM
I just encountered the 'error message' and 'freeze' you're all talking about. I'm new to Big Fish Games and I want to know if this happens on their other games. I can't finish this game and I certainly don't want to start another one if this is a common problem with Big Fish games. Any comments?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 14, 09 5:56 PM
motherov4 wrote:I just encountered the 'error message' and 'freeze' you're all talking about. I'm new to Big Fish Games and I want to know if this happens on their other games. I can't finish this game and I certainly don't want to start another one if this is a common problem with Big Fish games. Any comments?

I have had very few problems in the years I've been a Big Fish member--maybe 3 or 4 games out of about 100. Certainly no more that at any other game site.

In my experience, Big Fish Customer Service has been exceptionally good at helping. Just click on the green envelope in the right column, and they should be able to help you one way or another.

I'm so sorry you've run into this! Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by drooby on Dec 19, 09 5:37 AM
hello to everyone!! i'm new on here and have had loads of games with no problems, but this one has had huge probs with freezing and shutting down.i'm really enjoying the game but don't know what to do as i'm no techie when it comes to computers! ....i'm glad in a way that its not my computer!!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 19, 09 10:03 AM
drooby wrote:hello to everyone!! i'm new on here and have had loads of games with no problems, but this one has had huge probs with freezing and shutting down.i'm really enjoying the game but don't know what to do as i'm no techie when it comes to computers! ....i'm glad in a way that its not my computer!!!

How frustrating for you! Assuming you bought the game here at Big Fish Games, the best thing to do is just to contact Customer Service. They should be able to help you one way or another.

Just click on the green envelope in the right column.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by drooby on Dec 20, 09 5:02 AM
hi robin!

yes, i bought the game here.i have contacted the customer services, so i hope i will hear something back. it seems like there is a fault in the game judging by all of the other posts from people having the same problems.

if it is a fault, do we get a credit for it, or a refund?
thanks for your help!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 27, 09 6:11 AM
BFG CS will try and help you get your game working. If they can't, you will get a credit.

gailfriend429
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by gailfriend429 on Jan 2, 10 2:07 AM
I am having wierd issues when I get to the campsite - little squares of light that look like fireflies, the screen with inventory is completely black so I can't see anything unless I move to another screen, like the moped. This continues into the campground and the temple and the ruins - I have managed to kind of work around it but it makes it very difficult when you can't see what's in your inventory.
Anyone else having this problem? Thanks
Gailfriend

[Post New]by 1madwmn on Jan 9, 10 8:57 PM
I can not save the game at all, I have to start all over again when I stop the game, have you any answers to this problem.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 10, 10 9:49 AM
1madwmn wrote:I can not save the game at all, I have to start all over again when I stop the game, have you any answers to this problem.

To get to the Save slots, you have to move your cursor to the top of the screen, then use the Menu bar that appears there. There is a screenshot showing what this looks like in the General Tips section of the Blog Walkthrough for the game. To get to the Blog walkthrough, click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

If you just click on the Escape key instead, you get an Exit option, but no opportunity to save.

If you're using the top of screen Menu Bar but for some reason the save isn't working, then the best thing is probably to contact Customer Support wherever you bought the game.

Assuming you bought it here at Big Fish Games, click on the green envelope in the right column and they should be able to help you one way or another.

Good luck!
Robin

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Jan 19, 10 12:29 AM
Anything new on the lost saves yet?

Edited on 01/20/2010 at 10:24:31 AM PST

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Jan 19, 10 12:39 AM
Patches - I have found sites w/patches, but no description of what the patches are supposed to fix.

Thoughts?

Google: Chronicles of Mystery patches.

Vol au vent.

Go to: