Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 10, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/10/2016 at 6:13:29 AM PST

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury here

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Jan 10, 16 1:20 AM
I bought the ce, great game when it doesn't freeze, have tried to play 8 times, still cant finish, have to turn off a pc running windows 7

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 10, 16 6:12 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 01/10/2016 at 6:13:04 AM PST

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jan 10, 16 6:35 AM
Wasn't there a glitch in the CE that was never fixed ?

Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Jan 10, 16 12:38 PM
Game keeps freezing in the demo; same problem was present in the CE; no buy sadly, and its a good game as far as I got

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Jan 11, 16 1:11 AM
There is no point in going through the help pages, as know one replies!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jan 11, 16 4:51 AM
Same problem as with the CE, cursor is not to be moved, and everything is slowwwww..

ShlbySusie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ShlbySusie on Jan 11, 16 11:59 AM
cheekyoops wrote:Wasn't there a glitch in the CE that was never fixed ?

I just read the forum for the CE and the game kept freezing. It obviously wasn't fixed in the SE because I just downloaded the demo and it froze as well. If the developer can't be bothered addressing known problems, I'll save my money for a game without any glitches.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Jan 11, 16 3:41 PM
Kept getting kicked out of the game. Went back into it and now I cannot play it is frozen. Kind of glad this was a free game. I am running Mac OS X 10.11.1

jocarl17
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jocarl17 on Jan 11, 16 4:07 PM
I have tried this game on my Windows 7 laptop and my brand new windows 10 PC. It froze on both. I am off to contact support as I already bought it. Silly me. I really liked this one!

chrelm
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by chrelm on Jan 12, 16 8:29 AM
Having the same problem with the SE version in demo. Freezes up when I try to use the map or look at the notes. Didn't have the problem in the CE version and was able to play the whole demo. Would have bought the SE version and was thinking about getting the CE since my SE froze up but now after reading that others had same problem with CE version, I guess I'll skip both. Too bad, I really liked this one and was looking forward to playing it.

BTW, I tried uninstalling game and game manager and reloading both but that didn't help.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 12, 16 1:20 PM
The problem I had was the hint worked sporadically and the 'X' to close out of the film archive was missing. I could work around the sporadic hint system by consulting the walkthrough, but I had to C-A-D to close out of the game completely every time after I'd accessed the film archive. I'd even played the CE demo to see if I had the same problems but it ran smoothly. Both the hint worked perfectly and the 'X' was there as well in the film archive. I went back and tried the SE version again after uninstalling and reinstalling it but the 'X' was still missing. I was able to close out of the film archive by clicking in the general area where I'd remembered seeing it in the CE version, so I can get through this problem but I'm reluctant to buy it because I'm wondering if there are more problems ahead. Too many people are having worse problems both in the SE and especially in the CE and unless I see that an update is in the works, I'm holding off on buying.

I really liked the demos of both games and the puzzles/minigames were really fun, but too many games are being released with too many bugs left in them. The quality control needs revamping big time, Big Fish. I'm playing on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 8.1.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 13, 16 2:41 PM
In the classroom, I need to use the tuner on the piano, but my inventory is replaced with instructions for a book puzzle, even though I have completed that.

I also tried clicking skip once loaded, but that just made the cursor see through and unable to click on anything.

So now I can't move forward with the game. Grr.

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Jan 15, 16 9:13 AM
This would be a good game if I could play it. The map doesn't work and would freeze up when clicked. I would have to ctr-alt-delete to get out of it. Then the hint button stopped working so now the game is unplayable.

Edited on 01/15/2016 at 9:13:55 AM PST

shelaghf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shelaghf on Jan 16, 16 10:09 AM
In the classroom I went into the film archive - I cannot close it so cannot access my map etc. Tried full screen and windowed. How do I close this? Using Windows 7 Home Premier.

[Post New]by peachesmom50 on Jan 17, 16 4:35 AM
tried to play demo of SE, suddenly closed twice. each time it shut down, I was sent back to the very beginning. the second time i had already advanced far enough to say forget this! I agree with some of the others, it's too bad cause I probably would have purchased..

[Post New]by LifuLeling on Jan 17, 16 5:05 PM
Same problem here running on laptop with Windows 8. The hint button won't work at all and even the game kept crashing. I had to reboot my laptop to get it to close. After several times doing that I got back in and even though I completed the film reel puzzle and got the code, it won't let me enter it saying I don't have the code. I cannot move forward in the game. I really liked this game and wish I could have finished. The demo ran fine.

[Post New]by nmitch1689 on Jan 17, 16 5:40 PM
I am running on Windows 7 and played the Demo without any problem. After purchasing this game, I am having problems with the game freezing up. The hint button, map and everything is frozen. I have deleted and reloaded the game and even started the game completely over & it still froze. Guess I made a mistake buying this game.

Sheilas2a
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Jan 18, 16 12:14 PM
Same issue; game freezing and then areas where the hint says I should be able to go are not active. What a waste of time and money.

[Post New]by Sea3star on Jan 18, 16 12:26 PM
As a couple of others have reported, the X button is not visible for the archive so I can't access map or notes any longer.

Go to: