Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Help please- where is the "fair wind"?

[Post New]by Vstromval on Jan 10, 16 4:09 AM
Hi all
I am on level 61 and have to craft the Treasure Map. One item has a question mark (bottom left). I have been through the list in the Crafting Help and I need a "fair wind". Clearly there is something I have not done... Please can anyone help, or tell me where to find it? Many thanks
Val

Peachme16
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

Re:Help please- where is the "fair wind"?

[Post New]by Peachme16 on Jan 10, 16 4:17 AM
Hey! Val, if you have a ? mark for a crafting item, it means you do not have the place opened yet to get it. Do you have any ZZ's not opened or new HOS's that you need to open? If you do it is probably there. PM me if you need to. Good luck Watson

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Jan 10, 16 4:24 AM
Hi Watson
Wasn't sure you would be on line! Have sent you a PM.
Cheers

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 10, 16 8:30 AM
Fair Wind is located in the Time Keeper (Castle -- Mystery Chamber)

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 10, 16 8:34 AM
But, as stated, if you have a question mark next to one of the items, you are definitely missing something.

To craft the Treasure Map you need:
Black Mark -- from Wall Shield (Cloud City -- Cloud City Prison)
Fair Wind -- from Time Keeper (Castle -- Mystery Chamber)
Guiding Star -- from Quack's Bag (Castle -- Mystery Chamber)
10 Plain Stamps
3,500 coins

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Jan 10, 16 9:00 AM
Thanks for the help. I needed to open the HOS in the dark tower.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 10, 16 5:43 PM
After you reach level 61 -- you have to
Make Soul Selector 2x
Make Stone Light
Make Bitter Loss2x
Make Ace of Old Leader
Make Natural Harmony
Make Cup of Sincere Wishes (2x)
Make Manuscript of Resurrection
Open the Old Chest (ZZ) -- This is in Town - Underground Treasury
Open Statue in Thicket (HOS) -- This is in Dark Tower - Dark Tower Gates
Open Hole in the Wall (ZZ) -- This is in Dark Tower - Dark Tower Gates
Make Fire Belt
Open Gate Guard (ZZ) -- This is in Dark Tower - Dark Tower Gates
Open Sepulcher (HOS) -- Dark Tower - Dark Tower Gates
Open Chamberlain Statue -- Castle - Throne Room
Open Gnome King (ZZ) -- Cloud City - Rune Garden
Make Eternal Life
Open Time Keeper (ZZ) -- Castle - Mystery Chamber
Open Quack's Bag (ZZ) -- Castle Mystery Chamber

Once Time Keeper and Quack's Bag are opened, you should be able to get the Fair Wind from the Time Keeper and the Guiding Star from the Quack's Bag to craft the Treasure Map.

But, there are several tasks after opening Quack's Bag before you are asked to craft the Treasure Map.:
Make Aquatic Curse
Make Forest Sounds
(Level 62 reached)
make Wreath of Fear
Make Peacemaker
Make Flying Dutchman
Open Wall Shield -- In Cloud City - Cloud City Prison
Make Thicket Keeper
make Example of Bravery
Make Sabre of Avenger
Make Treasure Map
Make Elixir of Immortality

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Jan 12, 16 3:46 PM
Are you saying that level 61 needs to have all these items crafted or 61 and beyond?
If so, I guess I better start collecting more coins! Carly

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 12, 16 4:30 PM
tennco wrote:Are you saying that level 61 needs to have all these items crafted or 61 and beyond?

yes....all up to the "reach" 62 line......make is craft...open is new ZZ or HOS...... cheers **D@NgeR** out

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Jan 12, 16 6:34 PM
Just a word of advice for those of you at lower levels....

The higher you level up, the more it costs. So... my advice is to stop leveling up every once in a while and just play the rounds on the HOS's. Do not do any Character Quests, Gnome Quests, Dice game or anything that will cost you coin or inventory. Just take one week out of the month to play the rounds. You will be surprised at how quickly your coinage and inventory will build up.

Right now, I'm at Level 68, waiting for an up-date. But, when I was at the lower levels, I would stop everything to accumulate coinage and inventory. Whenever I opened a new area, HOS or ZZ, I would stop and do the rounds until I had gained that amount back + 5,000 coins more. I actually stopped pulling my hair out!

This game is not a sprint... it's a marathon. There is no need to rush and become frustrated. Just take your time and you will soon be sitting with nothing to do BUT wait for an up-date!

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 12, 16 8:20 PM
Apollo has some sage/sound advice....so many are determined to get to the next level as soon as they can, at any cost.....as a result, they are crafting items for sale to get more coins to open more areas faster.

If you just would go through every room when you can, and not just the ones you are being sent to....it is AMAZING how fast the coins build up. The endless duplication is there for a reason---to send you to more HOSs to build up inventory and coins for the expensive levels yet to come and to be sure you have what you need already in the ZZs when they open.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 12, 16 8:22 PM
tennco wrote:Are you saying that level 61 needs to have all these items crafted or 61 and beyond?

And, yes, that is EXACTLY what I'm saying.....the list is what you must craft or open on Level 61 --- until you see the line that says (Level 62 reached)

I didn't add what it costs (if you really want to know, you can add it up, or go to the Strategy guide and look --- later levels have the amount required for crafting and opening HOSs and ZZs added onto the list for you).

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Jan 18, 16 2:35 PM
I didn't add up the cost of the items you have to craft at lvl 61 but just to open all the areas you need 61k, so be prepared.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 18, 16 3:58 PM
Level 61 will cost you a total of 125,430....

130,700 to craft everything and open all areas minus the 5270 you get from completing the tasks.

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Jan 18, 16 4:43 PM
I am in the middle of 61 and it is quite brutal. I thought the late 40's levels were hard. What do I have to look forward to for the next levels?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 18, 16 6:29 PM
tennco wrote:I am in the middle of 61 and it is quite brutal. I thought the late 40's levels were hard. What do I have to look forward to for the next levels?

More of the same.....you don't have to do everything in duplicate or triplicate like in the 40's, but the cost is quite high.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 18, 16 6:30 PM
tennco wrote:I am in the middle of 61 and it is quite brutal. I thought the late 40's levels were hard. What do I have to look forward to for the next levels?

Also....check out the Strategy Guide posted on the Helpful Hints for Midnight Castle link.....it will tell you all of the crafting and opening of ZZs plus the cost has been added for the levels 59 to 68.

Go to: