j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Map on Volcanic road

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 10, 16 10:02 AM
There is another thread with the same title, but it's been locked, so I'm starting another one.
I can't do this puzzle, I did the first two with no problem at all, but the last one, not a chance, and the skip button doesn't work, now are we going to have an update from the developers, or is it another glitch that won't be put right, all I can say is it better be put right, I paid good money for this game.
This thread had better not be locked!!

gamma9697
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Map on Volcanic road

[Post New]by gamma9697 on Jan 10, 16 11:12 AM
same here - only I haven't bought it yet!

[Post New]by blueydrose on Jan 10, 16 12:47 PM
I am having the same issue, I can't finish the last map, and the skip button doesn't work.

Edited on 01/10/2016 at 12:50:47 PM PST

[Post New]by alwayscasual on Jan 10, 16 3:45 PM
I have the solution to the Map and being unable to skip.Unfortunately I had to pull up the SG(Yes I made the mistake of buying this game without trying it first :-( ) take a picture of the Map solution with my cell phone then follow the steps to solve the problem. I suggest everyone do this or write down the very long solution on paper and that will get you through the Maps. I posted in the other thread last night so I hope what I did will help others. Yes it was wrong to release this game with such an error as a Hint Button not working but now I am further along and playing. Try SG so you too can play! :-)

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jan 10, 16 4:02 PM
I have no clue if my skip button works or not so I cannot address that. If you don't want to skip or use the strategy guide and you want to figure it out yourself, see below.

Here are some tips on the third map. I didn't look at the instructions, but I guess they aren't very clear. Personally, I thought this was a fun puzzle and the hardest one I've seen yet in this particular game. Anyways ...

Rules:

Pieces on the top row can only be switched directly up and down with pieces on the bottom row. You can't switch top pieces with other pieces on the top row.

The bottom row acts like a slider and can be moved from left to right. Pieces on the bottom row can only be switched with pieces directly above them on the top row. You can't switch bottom pieces with other pieces on the bottom row.

Strategy:

Start at the top left. If you look at the outer edge (frame - not the pieces) of the top row there is a hint of lava. So, you know you need to get the lava rocks up there. Either switch them to the bottom row, or if they are already on the bottom row, slide them over so you can move them up to the top left end. Now you have your top left done!

Next, get your bottom left two pieces set with the compass. This will set your base. Once those pieces are set, you can just slide the compass back in the far left position any time to get your bearings and see how your map is looking.

Then just move from left to right placing pieces. From the lava rock is going to be the lava river. So focus on that next.

Once I figured the next top piece from the left, I put it on the right end of the top row. Then I slid the bottom row so the end of my compass (my don't get lost point) to just before the piece I wanted to grab. Then I switched it from the top to the bottom row and slid that bottom row left to starting position. From there that piece can be switched to the top row and I already have 5 pieces in place and can really see where the picture is going now.

Just keep going along those lines - left to right, top row then bottom row to fill out the map.

It's not that bad once you get the hang of the movement of the pieces. That was what got me at first. Once I understood that, it was just a matter of moving the pieces into place.

Hope this helps somebody. Happy gaming!

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Jan 11, 16 6:14 AM
alwayscasual wrote:I have the solution to the Map and being unable to skip.Unfortunately I had to pull up the SG(Yes I made the mistake of buying this game without trying it first :-( ) take a picture of the Map solution with my cell phone then follow the steps to solve the problem. I suggest everyone do this or write down the very long solution on paper and that will get you through the Maps. I posted in the other thread last night so I hope what I did will help others. Yes it was wrong to release this game with such an error as a Hint Button not working but now I am further along and playing. Try SG so you too can play! :-)

Using your cell phone to take a photo of the solution is by far the best advice to solving the map puzzle. Thanks for such a simple suggestion!! There is no excuse for the skip button not to work on such a complex puzzle. Wondering how many actually solved this section of the map without help.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jan 11, 16 7:59 AM
kat1117 wrote: ...Wondering how many actually solved this section of the map without help.

Ummm ... me. I can't be the only one on the planet to just solve the thing.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 11, 16 8:35 AM
I would appreciate it if the developers would provide us with an update for this game, perhaps then the game will be playable, as at the moment in my own opinion, it's not, I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, as some members have been lucky enough to complete this puzzle, which at the moment I can't!!
Thank you for all the replies

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 12, 16 9:10 AM
Bartsister
You are one of the lucky one's, I'm still trying, and eventually I will do it, either the hard way, or with the help of the developers, your brain must be geared for these types of puzzle, that's what I think anyway!!

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jan 12, 16 10:37 AM
I have already posted on forums with skip button not working. I have already tried a few suggestions on this forum and got past the volcanic road by using map. But after picking some items past road, I can't get back past the angry looking man to use these items. So obviously I didn't get far with suggestions. This is not the way to play a game when it has a skip button that doesn't work properly. I only have 11 minutes left to play on my trial. Would someone just fix this problem so I can play without issues. I buy both CE's every week and expect to be able to play at least the trial all the way though.

Thank you for hearing my side.

[Post New]by ladybug2000 on Jan 12, 16 11:08 AM
I'm having the same problem w/ the skip button and the instructions on pg 10 of the sg are absolutely no help at all to solving the problem

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jan 12, 16 11:47 AM
j62janet wrote:Bartsister
You are one of the lucky one's, I'm still trying, and eventually I will do it, either the hard way, or with the help of the developers, your brain must be geared for these types of puzzle, that's what I think anyway!!

Hi Janet,

I'm sorry you're still fighting with it. I was hoping the explanation of how the pieces moved would help, but sometimes I'm not good at explaining.

I do agree on the "that's just how your brain works" idea. There are some puzzles my brain likes and I fly through them, but there are others I just can't do. My brain freezes and says "Nope! Can't go there!" Those move/switch the pieces 4 at a time with overlapping dials to make a picture? Can't do them. I get all but 2 pieces in place and no matter how many times I shift them around, I still get 2 pieces out of place. I have to skip those. But I know there are people reading this thinking - those puzzles are easy! What is she thinking? Not for me, they aren't. It's just funny that way.

The whole update thing takes a while. Even if Domini turned an update over to BF yesterday, BF still has to vet it (whatever that entails) before they will release it. I'm sure it will come out soon. Good Luck!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 13, 16 11:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that the issue with the skip button and the re-arranging of the map has indeed been escalated to the appropriate team. We thank players for bringing this to the Moderation Team as well as to Customer Support's attention. If we hear of any news regarding an update being available for this issue, we will definitely post in the forums.

Since this is a technical issue, we encourage players to continue their discussion in the designated technical thread. I'll include a link below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past CE here

Thank you for your understanding and for your patience as I will go ahead and lock it. We will post in the above thread if we hear of any information.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: