dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

Hard mode - Level 1.2

[Post New]by dvdiva on Jan 10, 16 5:23 PM
I've finished the game on Normal mode, and decided to try Hard mode. It's not that much more difficult. I got expert scores on all levels from 1.1 till Bonus -- with the exception of one: Level 1.2.

I've tried over and over again, but still can't get secrets AND expert time together. It's just this darn level! All other levels are doable.

Has anyone gotten Expert score on this level in Hard mode? The walkthrough videos on Youtube only show Normal mode. Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

Re:Hard mode - Level 1.2

[Post New]by marebito on Jan 10, 16 7:05 PM
I'm in the same boat. I've managed to get gold time with *one* secret (barely), but I haven't figured out how to get gold time + both secrets yet. The second secret is taking ~7-8 seconds to collect since it's so far away.

Oddly enough, here's a little trick I discovered: when collecting secrets, in order to cut down on the time spent by your worker clapping, click on a ready berry bush to cut them short. Otherwise, you'll be waiting a few extra seconds waiting for the self-congrats to end.

Like you though, I've finished everything else. Just not 1-2 on hard mode. O_o;;

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Jan 11, 16 3:15 AM
Thanks marebito! Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with this! I think I'll just leave it as is, and go on to the next TM game!

anntiem
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by anntiem on Jan 11, 16 7:14 PM
I don't believe it's possible. Expert time in hard mode is 1:25 and I've been able to get 1:15 without picking up secrets and 1:42 as my fastest time picking up secrets. Needless to say that 17 seconds too long is not even close. I've never not been able to get expert or gold time on one of these types of games before.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jan 11, 16 8:18 PM
Count me in as well. This one level is not possible with the two secrets. If they hadn't put the one in the trees, it would be okay, but because you have to get additional food because of it, you're hosed.

I've even tried doing it in segments, you know digging one time getting food the next, opening it the next, still makes no difference - and I always cut the guys short from patting themselves on the back - lol.

I don't think they tested this one. And it will make the fourth game in 5 or so months that I've contacted a developer to tell them there's a problem with one thing in their game. It happened in the last Hercules, the last Rescue Team, Moai II and now this one.

At least they usually fix the things pretty quick.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Jan 12, 16 5:35 PM
The fastest time I was able to achieve with picking up both secrets was 1:27. Just 2 seconds shy of the 1:25 expert mark. So close!

I agree, I don't think they had anyone test this level on Hard mode. I must have tried a hundred times with different strategies. When the devs created the various modes, they must have just slashed off the same amount of seconds for all levels universally, without testing each level separately per mode. I hope Real Ore fixes this bug Real Quick!

Edited on 01/12/2016 at 5:42:11 PM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jan 13, 16 6:20 AM
Yes, unfortunately, there is no way to contact the developer directly on this one, so had to go thru the publisher.

You never know what will happen in these cases.

Edited on 01/13/2016 at 6:21:39 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 13, 16 3:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the questions coming up about completing this level with the secrets and expert time. Thank you everyone who took the time to reply. I'm going to pass along the posts about this to the appropriate team to make sure they're aware of this.

If this seems like it's a technical problem, we encourage contacting our Technical Support Team HERE and including a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and have tools to gather information on and report problems and glitches.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Jan 13, 16 6:47 PM
Thanks bfgPanthalassa!

PCThurman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by PCThurman on Jan 14, 16 4:33 AM
Can anyone tell me where the second secret treasure us? I can only find the one by the boat. This is the only level I could not find all the secret treasures.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jan 14, 16 4:56 AM
There are listings of all the secrets by episode in the forum

2Joey
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by 2Joey on Jan 22, 16 8:38 AM
The second treasure is behind the tree next to the workers hut. You have to chop the tree down to see the treasure. I have also tried many times to collect both treasures and get gold on this level and do not think it's possible. I am waiting with interest to see what the publishers say because if it is impossible it should never have been put out.

[Post New]by Odiec1 on Feb 16, 16 7:22 AM
I watched the video, of course they made it through picking up both secrets. I did it exactly the same way # of times with no luck also just seconds to go.

[Post New]by Denar19 on Feb 19, 16 1:45 PM
Which video are you referring to?

[Post New]by KO8364 on Mar 20, 16 8:38 PM
It is possible to complete level 1.2 in hard mode with expert ranking and both secrets gathered. The steps to complete it successfully in 1min 38secs are: berry bush right(right of hut), berry bush left (other side of , berry bush top (by ship wreck), wood pile by ship wreck, chop down tree hiding the secret by hut, berry bush right, berry bush left, berry bush top, secret by ship wreck, clear fallen tree, optional you can collect berry bush right again and complete in 1min 41secs, first bridge, first flood, second bridge, second flood. Hope this helps anyone who is still trying to complete this level in hard mode with both secrets and an expert ranking.

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Apr 27, 16 6:58 AM
Hespera wrote:Count me in as well. This one level is not possible with the two secrets. If they hadn't put the one in the trees, it would be okay, but because you have to get additional food because of it, you're hosed.

I've even tried doing it in segments, you know digging one time getting food the next, opening it the next, still makes no difference - and I always cut the guys short from patting themselves on the back - lol.

I don't think they tested this one. And it will make the fourth game in 5 or so months that I've contacted a developer to tell them there's a problem with one thing in their game. It happened in the last Hercules, the last Rescue Team, Moai II and now this one.

At least they usually fix the things pretty quick.

There are even more TM's recently that had a problem than the ones you listed: Gardens Inc. 4, Building the Great Wall of China 2, and Elven Legend 2. Maybe they aren't recent enough. I haven't seen that they fixed any of these.

grndpiano
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by grndpiano on May 4, 16 10:04 AM
You guys aren't the only ones...I consider myself an avid gamer and trust me, there's a fine line between impossible and just can't do it. I've beaten E1 L2 in every aspect except for HARD. Maybe perhaps someone can come up with a viable solution because I can't.

123mikey321
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by 123mikey321 on May 9, 16 1:35 PM
I feel like I have accomplished the impossible - I BEAT IT! Here are the steps and tricks I used - time was 1:26 (and I did it more than once to be sure)

Pick right berry - Trick: double click on bush fast to get worker starter, when first dialog screen comes up clear it with the space bar on keyboard
Pick left berry - Trick: second dialog box comes up when worker enters camp, have your cursor over second berry bush, hit space bar to clear dialog and click bush right away.
Clear wood in road
Build bridge
Get wood in upper left - Trick: click on wood as soon as it is green when worker finishes bridge so he will head straight there
Pick right berry
Chop tree in front of treasure (do not get yet)
Pick left berry
Clear first water
Pick upper berry - Trick: click on it as soon as it is green when worker finishes water so he goes straight there
Collect treasure - Trick: when worker gets treasure a box appears above his head to tell you what the treasure is, click on that and the worker will head to camp
Pick right berry
Build bridge
Clear water
Last Trick: when worker is clearing water have your cursor over the second treasure, as soon as worker is done, treasure will turn green, click on it, the time stops when when the last task is finished so worker will proceed to treasure and collect it after time has stopped.
Happy Clicking

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jul 18, 16 4:22 PM
mikey! Thanks for the keyboard hints. Can't imagine getting expert on all levels in hard mode just by myself, without any advice whatsoever.

Tip: Chain tasks whenever possible--as long as the worker isn't carrying anything, you can go from, say, building a bridge to chopping rocks directly. If the upcoming task needs resources you lack, quickly get another worker to fetch it before the chain worker scurries back to camp.

Can't queue but you CAN chain. Having a calculator for brains is also helpful.

Go to: