Edited on 01/12/2016 at 8:22:41 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for My Island Kingdom here

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 12, 16 1:21 AM
Oh how STRANGE!!
Strange good? Strange bad? I dont know yet.
I played for half an hour or so. All I can say is that this is one different game. Different. Anyone have a better description?

Its not quite Time Management or even Resource Management so much as "how much can you get done within the allowed number of moves" management lol.

Straaaange. I have to see if anything changes at some point or if its all the same old, same old throughout.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jan 12, 16 3:48 AM
Unique, creative & fun!

This is a puzzle game based on the resource-collecting scenario. There is no timer, instead it uses a limited number of moves - but don't despair, there's a trick to that.

You can multi-click.
There is no timer (edit: apparently there is on level 4).
You can skip the tutorial - however, I didn't want to because it is helpful and not annoying or intrusive.
You can skip the story - however, I didn't want to because it is interesting.

Your character can earn upgrades and skills that will impact massively on your game going forward. You use these spells when you choose during the game and how you use them is very important.

You can take as long as you want to plan your route, decide what you're going to do first, how you are going to earn the resources and complete the game. The correct strategy makes all the difference.

Each level can be replayed 4 times, to earn more XP points for upgrades. It is entirely up to you if you're going onto the next level or going to replay the current level on the next tier.

I could not find a single thing about this game not to love!

Edited on 01/12/2016 at 9:19:31 AM PST

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jan 12, 16 4:30 AM
Strange old game, but I think I like it!
I'd say this was a puzzle-type TM game, rather than just a straight-forward TM.
It isn't the easiest of games, in fact, as you move on it gets quite tough. I have found it's better to play the different levels at each stage, as it's easier and you can gain more XP's to upgrade.
It's nice to have a TM game that isn't just a click-fest, and needs some thought. It's not a timed game, but you have a set number of moves, so you do have to think where to go next and to remember to time it right to get the extra moves.
I just wish the upgrades were easier to get! ie: you got more XP's per level. However, now that I'm am playing earlier stages, but at the different levels, this seems to be improving that.

Overall, an enjoyable TM game that is a bit different from the same old format and a buy for me.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jan 12, 16 4:59 AM
i played the demo because it was mentioned that this is not a timed game but rather a move related game. i decided to play all four of the first game levels and was told that i ran out of time even though i still had 4 moves left so i played again and same thing ran out of time with 4 moves left. there is a timer right above where your moves are at.

i would have bought the game even though you had a limited number of moves but when i saw it is also a timed game as well then this is a no buy.

BEWARE THIS GAME IS TIMED AS WELL AS LIMITED NUMBER OF MOVES

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jan 12, 16 6:06 AM
amj0963 wrote:BEWARE THIS GAME IS TIMED AS WELL AS LIMITED NUMBER OF MOVES

Only the 4th tier is timed. So you still have more 100 levels that are not timed.

From the creator of "Campgrounds" and "Country Harvest" comes this new twist on "My Kingdom for the Princess". "My Island Kingdom" sports a pleasing interface with colorful graphics.
This game is pure strategy! For those who enjoy not being rushed and using their brains, this is a thoughtful puzzler with a whopping 174 levels.
My only gripe is that there's no player profile. So another person cannot play and you cannot reset your score and start over.

If you're looking for something new, give it a try!

Edited on 01/12/2016 at 6:08:08 PM PST

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Jan 12, 16 8:24 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on My Island Kingdom here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on My Island Kingdom .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 12, 16 5:07 PM
MarkAlan wrote:
amj0963 wrote:BEWARE THIS GAME IS TIMED AS WELL AS LIMITED NUMBER OF MOVES

Only the 4th tier its timed. So you still have more 100 levels that are not timed.

And have you been through all the 100 levels to know for a fact that there are no other timed levels, MarkAlan?

This reminds me of the "Solitaire Perfect Match" game, where a timed level has been added every so often - not that we were told about it in the description of the game.

I don't buy timed games or that only allows for a limited number of moves.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jan 12, 16 6:13 PM
Valdy wrote:And have you been through all the 100 levels to know for a fact that there are no other timed levels, MarkAlan?

No, but if you've played it for awhile you can see the 4th tier of every level is timed. And if you look in the game's folder you'll see 174 levels. So do the math.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 12, 16 9:27 PM
I love this game, it's really really different! A lot of strategy, which is what I like. I like that you can upgrade and then go back and play a level you were having trouble getting through earlier. I bought it and plan to play a lot!!

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Jan 14, 16 12:58 AM
I have to agree this is a rather unusual game and doesn't really belong under the TM category. More of a strategy game albeit with a bit of TM thrown in (all stage 4 rounds), I'm not sure if it's better to complete all the stages in each level or if it would be better to play each level by stage (sic all stage 1, then all stage 2...). Unfortunately, the lack of different profiles means it's not possible to try both approaches to the game.

Having completed up to L17 doing the all stages approach, I have to admit, it's getting repetitive and tedious, so I might switch and do more levels instead. Also, the inclusion of spells and skills in the game adds a bit of a twist to one's overall game strategy. I'm constantly hoarding XP just in case I need to make a sudden purchase if the next level throws me a strategy curveball.

I'm not entirely sure how many levels there are in the game, but I'm seeing 40 on the screen and with 4 stages for each = 160 levels. Quite a lot really.

Overall, the game's rather cute. A bit of an anti-TM in that the majority of the game is untimed with only the top stage of each level being timed, it's a nice little challenge for folks of all ages.

nemlee
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nemlee on Jan 14, 16 9:00 PM
So far I am really liking this one. As everyone says, it is really different from the usual dig stones, chop wood and farm for food - not that there is anything wrong with those! But this one is a challenge, makes me use what is left of my brain. It just might turn out to be a really special game that I return to over and over again. I do hope so, I have been wanting one of those.

[Post New]by indiechick19 on Jan 16, 16 7:15 PM
can not get past level 10 in the upper right hand corner it shows that I have all the wood thanks

patym7289
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by patym7289 on Mar 5, 16 6:00 PM
I really enjoy it , untill I can`t play again! because there is no chance for " new player"

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 5, 18 12:59 PM
Howdy Everyone,

I've unlocked this reviews thread for players interested in providing a new review for this game. Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on My Island Kingdom here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on My Island Kingdom.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: