Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Weeping Skies here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 13, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/13/2016 at 6:24:55 AM PST

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Weeping Skies here

[Post New]by glenard on Jan 13, 16 4:50 AM
game and cursor running really slow, am not leaving any system info because this is the only game and thing I am having an issue with in running slow. I have uninstalled and will not be playing this game.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jan 13, 16 5:34 AM
I got the music but a black screen. A window appeared with some orange squares on it - I entered my name. Then another black screen, then two windows with orange squares.

I cam out of it and will reinstall.

W8.1

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 13, 16 6:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Weeping Skies to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by irssecretary on Jan 14, 16 12:10 AM
My issues are pretty much the same as everyone else. Blank screen with music, Black blocks and unintelligible script on the one page I did see. After entering Ctrl, Alt, Delete, I saw the title page for a brief second.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 14, 16 11:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear people have been experiencing problems in the game. Our help articles are a great resource for when technical issues come up. I suggest trying the steps in the following help articles, which can help in the situations people have mentioned:

Screen Resolution

If anyone is still encountering an issue, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Any one of our Reps will be more than happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Jan 15, 16 6:29 PM
the sweet spots for placing items is far too touchy, ie, I tried to place 1 drumstick on the drum 20 times before it stayed. trying to trap the spider same deal . spoilt the whole game for me , terribly frustrating

CBEEM
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Poor Show

[Post New]by CBEEM on Jan 16, 16 6:59 AM
Just doesn't run - who has tested this game?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 16, 16 5:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the issues that have been popping up.

jtrigg, I'm sorry the items haven't been placing well. If item placement is too touchy, we suggest taking a look a the following help article, which has steps that can help in that situation:

CBEEM, I'm sorry to hear the game isn't running for you. Every game we release is tested for a wide range of software and hardware options. Unfortunately, because there is a wide variety of computer configurations, unforeseen issues may arise.

If a problem ever does come up, the best thing to do is to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Representatives have the tools needed to gather data on and report technical issues, and they're always willing to help.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

cllarsen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cllarsen on Jan 18, 16 9:08 PM
Can't pick up the oil can in the inventory, I've clicked and clicked, it just stays there. Anyone else having this problem?

cllarsen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cllarsen on Jan 18, 16 9:53 PM
Never mind I figured it out. Had to close the game and restart it, then it worked. Sorry for any trouble.

[Post New]by thewhiz on Jan 24, 16 9:24 AM
I am stuck in HOP. Won't let me pick the picture. I play on HP Envy, windows 10.
This game is good, but issues clicking on stuff and placing them where they belong.

dogcatmom
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by dogcatmom on Jan 27, 16 11:56 AM
the spider venom flask filled up but then never went into my inventory it just vanished so I am unable to mix poison and cannot complete game - this is the 5th game in a row the other 4 were collectors editions...........I am pretty savvy know how to re-install - ck compatibility all the usual fixes but there are so many bugs that finally one appears that cannot be skipped or worked around am disappointed in general I enjoy playing games but not much more frustrating the being stuck near the end!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 28, 16 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the technical issues that have been emerging.

cllarsen, I'm happy to hear closing and restarting the game fixed the issue with the oil can. thewhiz, it sounds like you may have encountered a similar problem with selecting items. Re-opening the game can definitely help work out this kind of issue. I also suggest taking a look at the following help article, which has steps that can help if there are problems selecting items:

dogcatmom, I'm sorry to hear there's been problems in some of the games you've been playing. Reinstalling and checking the game compatibility can definitely help when an item disappears from the inventory. The steps in the help article I've included above can also be useful in this sort of situation.

If these technical issues are still occurring, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather information on and provide further troubleshooting steps for technical problems, and are always more than happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Feb 5, 16 6:10 PM
Hi
Don't appear to be able to finish the hog in the kitchen due to their being no pastries to click on and the picture of pastries doesn't seem to work either I have clicked everywhere, have tried help but to no avail so can't get the gold bird to continue.

I'm running windows 10 and haven't had any other issue up till this point.
Shame because I was enjoying this game.
I hope this can be fixed.

[Post New]by wellington5851 on Feb 20, 16 7:22 AM
I am also in the kitchen and cannot find the pastries which I believe have been missed out. There is nothing wrong with my operating system of windows 7 but when you "hint" you go to and from the oven. Need lots of help to be able to finnish the game

[Post New]by Pyroscorer on Feb 28, 16 6:19 AM
I'm having exactly the same issue as the last two posters - the HOP in the kitchen. I have cleared everything else, and am left with Pastries to find. The hint asks me to open the oven, but when I do it then wants me to close it again - Catch 22. Restarting doesn't help; sometimes there is a spoon in the oven (which I had already found), but clicking it does not help either.

This defect means we are unable to progress with the game, as there are no other pending puzzles or actions.

Hidden Object in Kitchen

[Post New]by Zawatsky on Mar 22, 16 3:34 AM
In the kitchen there is a hidden object scene in the lower right corner. One item, "pastries," shows up in blue. The "hint" sends you to the oven door, but when it's clicked on there is nothing visible. If I click on "hint" while the oven is open, it circles the "close" button and you leave the oven. I've quit and restarted the game, and have checked the forum. A similar question was posted in February but there hasn't been any answer. Do you have any fix for this problem?

[Post New]by ronlin1944 on Mar 31, 16 5:45 PM
dogcatmom wrote:the spider venom flask filled up but then never went into my inventory it just vanished so I am unable to mix poison and cannot complete game - this is the 5th game in a row the other 4 were collectors editions...........I am pretty savvy know how to re-install - ck compatibility all the usual fixes but there are so many bugs that finally one appears that cannot be skipped or worked around am disappointed in general I enjoy playing games but not much more frustrating the being stuck near the end!

(ronlin1944) I had this same problem and did not find a fix. That ended the game for me because I could not go any further. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by Sonyamobley on Apr 13, 16 3:50 PM
Has anyone found the fix to the pastries issue. I'm having same problem and stuck on game. Keeps telling me to open then close oven but can't click on anything that solves the issue

Go to: