A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/13/2016 at 6:25:02 AM PST

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Weeping Skies here

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jan 13, 16 5:08 AM
I only played a few minutes before uninstalling. I just couldn't get past the graphics which I thought were cartoonish and a little grotesque. Also the written narration was clumsy and poorly punctuated. If these things don't bother you, maybe you'll enjoy the game. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes in game.

DK

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Jan 13, 16 5:48 AM
Everything seems to be working for me.. not sluggish, didn't have to uninstall. Even though there are no voice overs I don't mind reading the conversations. Minor things like grammar, etc. don't bother me.
Finally a soft release I can sink a coupon code into.
Hugs to everyone from Cinci

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 13, 16 6:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Weeping Skies here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Weeping Skies.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

deformity

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jan 13, 16 6:56 AM
I do not want to point up someone's deformity but,uh,
doesn't the main character in the picture with the
game announcement look a little like a raccoon?

I think I will wait for a couple of more good reviews
before investing time or cash in it.
I am leaving this tiny jest in place as I need all the rim shots I can get if I am going to quit my day job but in fact I have now begun the game and it is interesting and I will add a note separately.

Edited on 01/14/2016 at 9:19:38 AM PST

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Jan 13, 16 8:12 AM
Was willing to give the game a try, however I could not get past the first screen. Clicked all over the place, used the magnifying glass but no luck. Not a good start to the game for me. How do you open the door? Maybe I don't really care to know as I think this is not going to be a game I like. But who knows?

Figured out how to get out of the first screen. Nothing great about the game but I have seen worse. I will continue on to see if it is worth a coupon to buy. Maybe a nice way to fill in while waiting for a great game to be released.

Edited on 01/13/2016 at 8:59:06 AM PST

niamhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by niamhe on Jan 13, 16 9:39 AM
how do you get out of the first scene ????

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 13, 16 9:48 AM
I started playing this with my pass at another site but I wasn't really liking it. It just made no sense, storywise, and that's important to me. The writing/grammar is horrible, some of the worst I've seen, but it's so bad it's funny in a sad sort of way. We're trying to save a Jessica Rabbit look-alike, so maybe the men might like it, va-va-voom

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jan 13, 16 10:27 AM
greenshade wrote:Everything seems to be working for me.. not sluggish, didn't have to uninstall. Even though there are no voice overs I don't mind reading the conversations. Minor things like grammar, etc. don't bother me.
Finally a soft release I can sink a coupon code into.
Hugs to everyone from Cinci

I could not agree more, this really is a good game. Some of the games are a bit challenging and the H O's are fine too.

Its just nice to see a new Dev. now and again.

Linda

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jan 13, 16 11:47 AM
Oh the first room! Had a problem there too - but thought, ok, let's try the tutorial. And this let me out of the room. Use this "pulsing device" and find areas glowing in red.....

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Jan 13, 16 4:41 PM
Granted, the grammar is not the best but that doesn't bother me....I actually played the whole demo and time just flew by....I found the hidden object scenes very entertaining and challenging at the same time....I will probably use a coupon on it...I have seen alot worse....

Now, unrelated, but i am trying a find hidden object games that have alot of hidden object scenes in them, I know I saw someone mentioned recently one game had 20 of them, that is exactly what I am looking for! Can anyone suggest any, I know there were some recent ones but can't remember....I already bought Wonderland.....which had 60 hidden object scenes in it...hooray! Much appreciated!!!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 13, 16 8:50 PM
Pickles77 wrote:Granted, the grammar is not the best but that doesn't bother me....I actually played the whole demo and time just flew by....I found the hidden object scenes very entertaining and challenging at the same time....I will probably use a coupon on it...I have seen alot worse....

Now, unrelated, but i am trying a find hidden object games that have alot of hidden object scenes in them, I know I saw someone mentioned recently one game had 20 of them, that is exactly what I am looking for! Can anyone suggest any, I know there were some recent ones but can't remember....I already bought Wonderland.....which had 60 hidden object scenes in it...hooray! Much appreciated!!!

*************************************************************************************************

After reading your and a couple of other reviews I tried this game and bought it on today's BOGO (thanks Big Fish

On the second part of your review, I sent you a P.M. about some super HOGS Big Fish has

Edited on 01/13/2016 at 10:42:21 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 14, 16 1:41 AM
I am thoroughly enjoying this game! HOS are a bit of a challenge, the minigames are different and fun. Love the characters, the graphics, the bits of whimsy, the storybook settings, and the subtle humor. This is not the same ole, same ole!

More please!

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Fascinating Game

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jan 14, 16 9:27 AM
I have begun to play it and gone through several scenes and
it is much more interesting and creative than most games.
there are moments of absurdity when they seem to have used a machine translation rather than asking a local american to check the thing. or maybe they did and like some americans overseas (I lived in Japan for quite a while)the guy they payed was a joker.
and the magnifying glass the detective uses is about as much use in detection as I imagine a real magnifying glass used in searching a room would be...
but hey its all fun! Ill take this any time over the cookie cutter save the world games coming out ...those are the REALLY laughable products.

maybe I ,or we dear friend mon semblable mon frere, are a minority but I would say this is the sort of game that should have been given the big launch with 'amazingly positive' reviews from beta testers etc.

enjoy!

Edited on 01/14/2016 at 9:28:32 AM PST

kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by kiddopal on Jan 14, 16 9:31 AM
This is a fun little game. I read all the reviews which made me want to pass on this one. But I have a few coupon codes to use so I decided to get the game without even trying the demo. I am pleasantly surprised. It is a little cartoonish as some reviews have said. But that is what it is. A cartoon/fairy tale. The pulsating magnifying glass just means you can use it to find a secret area to enter or work with. The map is very helpful when stumped as to where to go next. I like the fact that it is a little different than other games. It makes me think what could I possibly do next. I recommend this game. It's a light hearted fairy tale with interesting mini games. I hope the developers give us more like this one.

After playing for another few hours, I must add that this game is actually very good. I would rate it at least as good as most of the CE games of late. Collectibles and morphing items do not really appeal to me. The game play is more important. This game gets very good marks from me.

Edited on 01/14/2016 at 11:49:36 AM PST

[Post New]by texasgal70 on Jan 14, 16 7:39 PM
This is not a game for me. 1st couldn't buy at the end of trial period, then couldn't delete. Game froze up. Had to go to my programs list to delete from my computer.
Not worth the trouble to me.

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Jan 15, 16 4:35 AM
Oh puleeese !! What are you playing at BFG ? Talk about lost in translation .... when has a telephone receiver been a pipe? and some of the sentences don't even make sense. Sexist - a real Jessica Rabbit look alike is now very dated. There doesn't seem to be any logic is some of the gameplay and why do we need to use that pulsing magnifying glass thing to find a HOS. Sparkles, boredom, poor graphics all add up to an uninstall rather than a buy.

[Post New]by toothfairypakin on Jan 17, 16 1:07 AM
Well I enjoyed the game! Absolutely cracked up when I sighted the 'privy' in the jail/gaol cell. Talk about toilet humour-lovely touch. For a free credit can't complain. Yes, the written text is not the best but it is understandable.

Give the game a go, be aware it is not perfect, the bells and whistles may be missing, but it is fun, amusing, and a great way to while away the day/night

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Jan 18, 16 6:57 AM
Loved this game! For me it was quite lengthy. It has a great sense of humor, sometimes subtle, sometimes absurd. I found it creative and quirky. HOS were very interactive.
Yes, the grammar was bad, something to pay attention to, but that didn't keep me from enjoying this game.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jan 18, 16 7:03 PM
Well, this game is a little on the odd side, but I kind of like it. The hidden object scenes were interesting and unexpectedly challenging for me. Pretty good, just....strange.

Go to: