Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Dark Architect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 14, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/14/2016 at 5:44:59 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Dark Architect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 14, 16 5:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Reflections of Life: Dark Architect Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Dark Architect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Aerosage on Jan 14, 16 8:31 AM
No sound!! Running Dell Inspiron 560/Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition .

[Post New]by butterflydee89 on Jan 14, 16 8:35 AM
No sound! I am running Windows Vista 64-bit. Otherwise game ran great.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jan 14, 16 9:30 AM
Cant pick up shards for mirror, picked up shards from table but cant pick up from floor, looked at guide and it says pick up shards from floor then the table, but it doesn't say you have to do it in a specific order, so will leave for now.
windows 7 64bit.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Jan 14, 16 10:05 AM
Did you find the "cloth". You can't pick up the shards with bare hands. After finding cloth (I don''t remember where it was) you can pick up shards and then take them (3) to mirror on the floor to use.

daubee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by daubee on Jan 14, 16 10:15 AM
no sound uninstalled reinstalled still no sound windows 7 64 bit

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Jan 14, 16 12:22 PM
No sound W764Bit

[Post New]by guest2016 on Jan 14, 16 3:13 PM
Hi - I'm running 8.1 and downloaded the demo for this game. However, my game manager says that the trial had expired, when I haven't ever launched the game. Advice? Thanks!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 14, 16 5:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been coming across issues in the game. Our help articles are a great resource if technical glitches occur. I recommend taking a look at the following help article, which has steps that can resolve a variety of problems, including issues with in-game sound:

guest2016, there are a couple different reasons a trial may be coming up as expired before it's been played. The following help article has more information on this, as well as specific steps to take when it happens:

Download a Trial Game

Thank you miss_marigold11 for including that great information about collecting the shards. dueler, if trying that doesn't help, or if this seems like a glitch in the game, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team.

Our Technical Support Team can be contacted HERE. We encourage anyone who's experiencing a technical issue to send in a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be more than happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 14, 16 6:30 PM
guest2016 wrote:Hi - I'm running 8.1 and downloaded the demo for this game. However, my game manager says that the trial had expired, when I haven't ever launched the game. Advice? Thanks!

Hello, guest2016,

I am not familiar with your OS, however, there is sometimes a hiccup between the bfg Game App/Manager and the download that can cause a false trial expired message.

If it is not the OS causing it, uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it, will often correct the problem.

Hope this helps.

BK

fpours
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by fpours on Jan 14, 16 6:52 PM
I play a lot of these games. I am using a new gaming laptop with Windows 10. Twice in the demo the cursor froze and I had to reboot. I will not purchase this CE until it is fixed.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jan 15, 16 4:26 AM
miss_marigold11 wrote:Did you find the "cloth". You can't pick up the shards with bare hands. After finding cloth (I don''t remember where it was) you can pick up shards and then take them (3) to mirror on the floor to use.

Hi miss_marigold11, Yes I did pick up the "cloth", that's how I was able to pick up the shards from the table, and I also got the other lot of shards, but it wont let me pick up the shards from the floor, thanks for your help anyway happy gaming.
PS maybe uninstall/reinstall again might help as it's not to far into the game.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Jan 15, 16 8:06 PM
I just found the Constructus' photo, but it's gone; not in my inventory or anywhere else! It's needed for the portal mirror.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Jan 15, 16 9:16 PM
I, too, have no sound and when I try to pick up inventory items, the game closes

shai_one
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shai_one on Jan 16, 16 2:23 AM
I too have no sound?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 16, 16 1:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the issues people have been seeing in the game. Thank you BearKat for taking the time to post those great tips. Reinstalling the game can definitely help if a trial is incorrectly coming up as expired.

I'm sorry to hear problems have been coming up in the game. I recommend taking a look at the following help articles for steps to address these issues:

Game Compatibility

If anyone is still encountering a problem, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always willing to help, and have tools to gather data on and report issues.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by drengirl on Jan 16, 16 6:29 PM
I have reached the end of the game and it has frozen. I got out opened it again and is still freezes. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still - FROZEN!!!!!

I'm going to wait a bit and see if there is a fix otherwise will be asking for my money or credits back.

Thank you

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 17, 16 9:46 PM
I believe I am in the final puzzle and I'm getting an unknown exception in "Run" which is freezing the game and I cannot continue any further. I was able to exit out via windows key and task manager, went back into the game but since I was in the middle of the mini game it is going directly to there and immediately giving me the same error and halting the game.
Hopefully, when a fix is put out for this I will be able to complete the game from where I left off and not have to start all over, because that isn't going to happen. I'll be looking for a refund. It is just so frustrating to get this far and have the game ruined at the end by a glitch.
I'm running Win7-64bit. I hope the rest of you who had purchased the game do not have the same problem but if you do, please list so a fix can be put out asap. Thank you.

Gamingpip
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingpip on Jan 18, 16 8:04 PM
My new Windows 10 64 bit laptop is getting a run time error on the last puzzle too. My drivers are up to date, so I don't believe it is me.

Go to: