Phone Reciever and Bonus Levels

[Post New]by pheonix_102 on Nov 25, 09 8:05 PM
Am I correct in saying that the bonus levels are just the ones in the washing machine and the wolf's tree and so on?

Also, the BigFish trap door, is this also only part of the Collectors edition?

And the phone under the trap door, I understand that apparently the number you have to dial is found after the credits, some sort of puzzle with the borderalong the screen, is this true, because I've seen it and I don't understand what I'm looking at.

SZumchak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Phone Reciever and Bonus Levels

[Post New]by SZumchak on Nov 25, 09 8:13 PM
The puzzle turns out to be a phone number, which I assume you dial at the basement receiver.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately, because I want to play the game again and it really is AMAZING - WTG Big Fish and MCF!) you have to play the game a 2nd time to get back to the phone.

I won't reveal the actual phone #, but here are the calculations and YES, it does work!!!

President's address (1600)
* the square root of 9 (3)
+ the number of yards in a mile (1760)
+ the year the King left the building (1977)
- PacMan ghosts (4)
+ decimal translation of the binary number 101011101011 (2795)
* Felix's Address (333)
- California Police Penal Code for Murder (187)
+ Columbus sailed the ocean blue (1492)
* letters in Rachael Ray's middle name ( 8 )
- height of the Space Needle in feet (605)
+ Shaq's shoe size (23)
- Alison's area code (206)
/ the atomic number of Silicon (14)

Do the calculations correctly and you get a seven-digit number.

BTW - for those who don't get the inside jokes...

Felix's address is obviously the BFG mailing address
the King left the building = year Elvis died
Alison's area code and Space Needle are both references to BFG headquarters in Seattle

Hope this helps.

Edited on 11/25/2009 at 8:20:47 PM PST

SZumchak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by SZumchak on Nov 25, 09 8:16 PM
Also - anyone figure out the meaning of the Lighthouse pic in the secret room puzzle? I'm sure it has SOMETHING to do with the next MCF game ('10) but haven't figured it out yet. Some lats/longs on there. Maybe a Ravenhearst Pt. 3?

[Post New]by pheonix_102 on Nov 25, 09 8:22 PM
SZumchak wrote:Also - anyone figure out the meaning of the Lighthouse pic in the secret room puzzle? I'm sure it has SOMETHING to do with the next MCF game ('10) but haven't figured it out yet. Some lats/longs on there. Maybe a Ravenhearst Pt. 3?

This is just what I was thinking, but it seemed to me like it was from something we should already know, as if they were telling us to go back to ravenhearst and look for something. Although I don't remember seeing a lighthouse in Return to Ravenhearst. But was there one attached to the shack? Also, in that picture you are talking about, there is a set of really long steps, which reminded me of the really long steps in RTR that lead up to the shack. What do u think?

SZumchak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by SZumchak on Nov 25, 09 8:32 PM
Hmmm...interesting...I remember that as well, though I don't think you could go out there...seems like it indicated something was BURIED out there...

I sure HOPE it has to do with more of the Ravenhearst saga...Charles may not be totally gone and we know Victor went back to 1895 or whatever, so they can't leave us hanging forever, can they...

Help us BigFish and MCF!!!

[Post New]by pheonix_102 on Nov 25, 09 8:38 PM
I hope not! I honestly thought that the next MCF was gonna be us going back in time and following him, I wasn't expecting Dire Grove, a totally different story line! But I think they hinted that Ravenhearst wasn't over, becuz in the beginning of Dire Grove, you (the detective) says that he doesn't know if that is the end of that story. I get all excited about it but then I realize that the next MCF probably won't come for at LEAST another year and a half or more. But always worth the wait.

SZumchak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by SZumchak on Nov 25, 09 8:39 PM
A year wait...(the last 2 were both the day before Thanksgiving)...

Still...WAAAAHHHH!!!

I want my MCF!

kithain
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by kithain on Nov 26, 09 6:27 AM
pheonix_102 wrote:
SZumchak wrote:Also - anyone figure out the meaning of the Lighthouse pic in the secret room puzzle? I'm sure it has SOMETHING to do with the next MCF game ('10) but haven't figured it out yet. Some lats/longs on there. Maybe a Ravenhearst Pt. 3?

This is just what I was thinking, but it seemed to me like it was from something we should already know, as if they were telling us to go back to ravenhearst and look for something. Although I don't remember seeing a lighthouse in Return to Ravenhearst. But was there one attached to the shack? Also, in that picture you are talking about, there is a set of really long steps, which reminded me of the really long steps in RTR that lead up to the shack. What do u think?

When you play the hidden object scene at the shipwreck on the beach in RTR, there's a lighthouse in the background. Perched atop a cliff. This was the first thing that jumped to my mind when I saw this. And I assumed that this may be a reference to the first thing we'll have to do in the next Ravenhearst installment. Dig up some part of the time machine that Victor used to go back in time? That's my thought.

kit

Skari
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Skari on Nov 27, 09 10:36 PM
Thanks, SZumchak, for spelling out the credits clue! I saw it and knew it was probably a number for the phone (like in RTR), but was too tired after hours of gameplay to write it down. I'm going in for a second round right now!

Question, though: How do you get the phone receiver to hook to the phone? I tried to place it on/over the phone wires, but it wouldn't "take." I kept thinking I needed to find electrical tape or something - and then the game ended. Was it a simple connection for everyone else? Maybe I'll keep trying to hover over it next time.

bigwhalez2
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by bigwhalez2 on Nov 27, 09 10:51 PM
Hi Skari, welcome to the forums! You kinda have to "hover" and "click" with the receiver over the part where the wire was just hanging out. I hope that helps.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Nov 27, 09 11:47 PM
pheonix_102 wrote:

I remember seeing a lighthouse in RTR out of the window of the guest house when investigating there. If you clicked on it there was just a message about how it gave a nice illumination, or something like that. That was all there was to it that I recall.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Nov 27, 09 11:49 PM
SZumchak wrote:The puzzle turns out to be a phone number, which I assume you dial at the basement receiver.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately, because I want to play the game again and it really is AMAZING - WTG Big Fish and MCF!) you have to play the game a 2nd time to get back to the phone.

I won't reveal the actual phone #, but here are the calculations and YES, it does work!!!

President's address (1600)
* the square root of 9 (3)
+ the number of yards in a mile (1760)
+ the year the King left the building (1977)
- PacMan ghosts (4)
+ decimal translation of the binary number 101011101011 (2795)
* Felix's Address (333)
- California Police Penal Code for Murder (187)
+ Columbus sailed the ocean blue (1492)
* letters in Rachael Ray's middle name ( 8 )
- height of the Space Needle in feet (605)
+ Shaq's shoe size (23)
- Alison's area code (206)
/ the atomic number of Silicon (14)

Do the calculations correctly and you get a seven-digit number.

BTW - for those who don't get the inside jokes...

Felix's address is obviously the BFG mailing address
the King left the building = year Elvis died
Alison's area code and Space Needle are both references to BFG headquarters in Seattle

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! I left my computer when the credits were rolling so didn't get any of those clues. I would've hated to have played it all over again just to get to the credits and THEN go back and play AGAIN to dial the phone! You saved me a lot of time. I really appreciate it!

Go to: