awful game

boston1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

awful game

[Post New]by boston1 on Jan 14, 16 7:17 AM
I am sorry but I think this is the most boring tedious game ever. constantly having to the same things over and over again cant be bothered to do any more of it until it is made more interesting.

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

Re:awful game

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jan 14, 16 7:38 AM
Well then, I guess it's a good thing that nobody forces you to play it, right?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 14, 16 7:51 AM
and it's free... easy enough to uninstall and move on to something more to your liking...

[Post New]by crystalwitch1955 on Jan 14, 16 8:15 AM
Looking at the other posts you've put up, it looks like you get bored quite easily - perhaps computer games just aren't your thing?

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Jan 14, 16 3:01 PM
O.K., people. I think we should just leave this one (thread, that is) before we start hurling insults at one another. Some of us will like the game and some will not. It is fine to state how we feel about it, though probably such comments more properly belong in the game reviews so that potential players can see that there are a variety of opinions and can then decide if they want to give it a try. I sometimes check out the worse reviews of a game if the top reviewers say why they like it and I know I don't enjoy the kind of game they are praising. I often find the negative reviews very helpful!

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Jan 14, 16 5:04 PM
Judibeth wrote:O.K., people. I think we should just leave this one (thread, that is) before we start hurling insults at one another. Some of us will like the game and some will not. It is fine to state how we feel about it, though probably such comments more properly belong in the game reviews so that potential players can see that there are a variety of opinions and can then decide if they want to give it a try. I sometimes check out the worse reviews of a game if the top reviewers say why they like it and I know I don't enjoy the kind of game they are praising. I often find the negative reviews very helpful!

Apollo/ Shadow in the castle

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 14, 16 7:06 PM
ahahahaha the castle is a awful game ahahahahaha LOL

I've heard it told that even the enjoys the castle ..

awh for you that you don't enjoy it...

Trolden
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Trolden on Jan 15, 16 4:13 AM
I kinda agree doing the same thing over and over is not that interesting. What have kept me going in this game is actually the storyline. I make sure to take my time reading all the quests and when I get to a new area I always look for that little note that is lying around somewhere - I find those interesting.

Then there is the excitement of what will the fortune wheel give me today and can I win something at the gaming table. I also look over the achievements on a regular basis those are fun to work towards. Especially if there is an avatar or pet in the end!

I also play the game a lot more casual now than in the beginning. I normally just do 1 full round a day now. Put on some good music and have a cup of tea - chilling time

Trolden

MsMarmar
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by MsMarmar on Jan 15, 16 7:41 AM
Judibeth wrote:O.K., people. I think we should just leave this one (thread, that is) before we start hurling insults at one another. Some of us will like the game and some will not. It is fine to state how we feel about it, though probably such comments more properly belong in the game reviews so that potential players can see that there are a variety of opinions and can then decide if they want to give it a try. I sometimes check out the worse reviews of a game if the top reviewers say why they like it and I know I don't enjoy the kind of game they are praising. I often find the negative reviews very helpful!

Totally agree with you, I don't understand why the pouncing of someone because they are voicing an opinion, but to each his own yes? I have mostly given up on reading most things on here for that very reason, but couldn't let this one go by. Sorry if I have offended, just my POV.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Jan 15, 16 10:47 AM
Actually, I find it an awful game too, but probably not for the same reasons. I find it awfully addictive. I find it awful that some of the achievements will take me another year to get them. (Yes, I've been here a year and I'll be here another year.) I find it so awfully awesome that I have 3 games going.

It does get boring going around and around waiting for an update. That is why I have the other two games, I have found out more about the story and the game, when I started one of them and have to go slowly on it. That is also why I write my stories pertaining to the castle.

Yes, this is an awful game, it keeps me from doing housework, yardwork, and any other kind of work. In fact, because of the game, I think I have become allergic to the other kinds of work. Now I just work the games. Now that is awful.

But everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. I have found some other games that I thought were awful. We all have our own likes and dislikes. And to be honest, thank you for voicing your opinion. You have as much right to dislike the game as others have to like it.

Sadie700

[Post New]by walkingstar on Jan 15, 16 11:06 AM
I agree to all who are for freedom of speech!..I especially thank you Sadie 700..Standing up and stating your opinion in this forum..Brave! Q@W

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 15, 16 11:35 AM
LOL sadie, you are so right about that! I find it awful that I have to leave the game to go grocery shopping. Imagine the gull of my stomach to actually growl when it isn't fed. And I can't imagine why the cupboards are bare! How utterly awful of this game to starve me to death that way!!!!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jan 15, 16 1:11 PM
Maybe the original poster is on level 17 where every quest seems to want items from the ARMOUR AND BANNERS, and the GAME TABLE.

On my Cattiepuss game, I have played those two scenes AD INFINITUM at this level and am still not finished with them. I should have counted how many times I have been there

I know things will get better, and worse as the game goes along.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Jan 15, 16 1:57 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:LOL sadie, you are so right about that! I find it awful that I have to leave the game to go grocery shopping. Imagine the gull of my stomach to actually growl when it isn't fed. And I can't imagine why the cupboards are bare! How utterly awful of this game to starve me to death that way!!!!

LOL!! Good choice of words, WB! But, just think.... How much weight we're BOTH losing!!

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Jan 15, 16 3:01 PM
sadie700 wrote:

Yes, this is an awful game, it keeps me from doing housework, yardwork, and any other kind of work. In fact, because of the game, I think I have become allergic to the other kinds of work. Now I just work the games. Now that is awful.

Sadie700

Oh gosh, Sadie, this is the best! And so very true. I'm from Boston 2 and I'm crazy about this game. I'm always wondering what I'll get from the HOS, rarely what I want, but as someone once said in a movie, you'll take what I give you and you'll like it. And I do. Love this game! Love this forum! Really, Really!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 15, 16 3:43 PM
I have played other ftp games... they were free, and when I didn't like them, I uninstalled them, and it was no skin off my back... what I did NOT do, was go on to the MAIN forum of those games and trash them with a title such as "awful game"...

there IS a place for reviews... a sticky ... called:

REVIEWS for Midnight Castle... this is where I would expect players who do not like the game, or even hate it, or like it , or love it to put their reviews... Since it's on every game forum, the mods made it a sticky, for what seems to me, a logical reason... people have opinions about all the games.... and if you just tried the game on for size, that's the place to put your opinion.... Using the MAIN forum, to "show off" is underhanded... in my opinion..

ETA: I was just going to delete this whole post, but... I stand by my statements where I expressed my experience with other free games, and since I didn't spend money on them, it really was easy enough to uninstall and move on to the next... and I still feel that the Reviews for Midnight Castle is there specifically for reviews, whatever they may be... I toned down the bold print, I still feel the same way about how the OP handled their opinion, they have a right to it, but wish they had put it in Reviews instead..

Edited on 01/15/2016 at 8:21:58 PM PST

cora1012
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by cora1012 on Jan 15, 16 4:23 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:LOL sadie, you are so right about that! I find it awful that I have to leave the game to go grocery shopping. Imagine the gull of my stomach to actually growl when it isn't fed. And I can't imagine why the cupboards are bare! How utterly awful of this game to starve me to death that way!!!!

OMG Libby....Let's start a club .. If I didn't work in a grocery store our fridge would be bare. No time to cook I just give it to the ,,Can't remember their names...Take out and boxes can't find their way to the recycling box so THAT Pantry is full. 3 are out...gotten used to the dark. Sink is full of and spoons.Don't even answer the door...I just look out the window and say " just out of the shower and not dressed to receive"! And that tummy grumbling thing...getting better at ignoring it but sometimes it is a definite roar so I give it a cracker.
None of this is our fault it's all the work of those brilliant dastardly developers. I'll bet that they are laughing at us poor demented totally addicted players who now can't stop even if they wanted to.
One question though.....What is housework again????

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 15, 16 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

We welcome any discussion here, whether positive or negative, as long as it's specific to Midnight Castle and as long as the Forum Rules are observed, especially:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

It's our hope that all who find themselves in Midnight Castle find a good reason to stay or at least visit from time to time. For those who decide that this game is not for them, we want to extend our thanks for giving it a try!

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by crystalwitch1955 on Jan 18, 16 5:12 AM
gohill wrote:I have played other ftp games... they were free, and when I didn't like them, I uninstalled them, and it was no skin off my back... what I did NOT do, was go on to the MAIN forum of those games and trash them with a title such as "awful game"...

REVIEWS for Midnight Castle... this is where I would expect players who do not like the game, or even hate it, or like it , or love it to put their reviews... Since it's on every game forum, the mods made it a sticky, for what seems to me, a logical reason... people have opinions about all the games.... and if you just tried the game on for size, that's the place to put your opinion.... Using the MAIN forum, to "show off" is underhanded... in my opinion..

ETA: I was just going to delete this whole post, but... I stand by my statements where I expressed my experience with other free games, and since I didn't spend money on them, it really was easy enough to uninstall and move on to the next... and I still feel that the Reviews for Midnight Castle is there specifically for reviews, whatever they may be... I toned down the bold print, I still feel the same way about how the OP handled their opinion, they have a right to it, but wish they had put it in Reviews instead..

[Post New]by crystalwitch1955 on Jan 18, 16 5:22 AM
gohill wrote:I have played other ftp games... they were free, and when I didn't like them, I uninstalled them, and it was no skin off my back... what I did NOT do, was go on to the MAIN forum of those games and trash them with a title such as "awful game"...

I have only just come back to this thread and am surprised to see the posts that are accusing a few of threatening. I certainly did not put anything that I thought was insulting but agree with gohill when she says that there is a place for critiques - the review thread. The original poster did not really review the game and of course they are entitled to their opinion of it but if I were a new player, I would not have found "it's boring" very helpful. None of the players like the waiting around, but put up with it because overall they emjoy playing and as several have pointed out, it is free and easy to uninstall if not liked. So, I am sorry if I have caused offence, but don't feel that anything I said was either offensive or inflammatory.

Go to: