Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Phantasmat: Behind the Mask here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 15, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/15/2016 at 5:50:31 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Phantasmat: Behind the Mask here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 15, 16 5:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Phantasmat: Behind the Mask here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Phantasmat: Behind the Mask.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Jan 15, 16 11:47 PM
I am really liking this game! I opted for the SE over the CE because I had coupons to use up and I am NOT disappointed that I did.

This Developer really puts their heart and soul into the games that they put out.

The suspense is there.....the HOS are fresh and not too many and you can opt for Match 3 if you choose. The puzzles are fun without wanting you to tear your hair out or just skip them all together. It was nice to see something different here.

Inventory is quickly used (a plus in my books) and there doesn't seem to be a lot of going back and forth or just useless running around.

You have your standard Task menu and a very helpful Map that you acquire early on.

I'm playing on Windows 7 HP and have had no problems either with downloading or with the game.

As always it's a matter of personal choice.......TRY before you buy.

Happy Gaming.....
TeeCee

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 18, 16 5:52 PM
I found this game really entertaining, challenging and morbid as heck. The HOS were varied, some easy, some took a bit of time. Puzzles were half and half...easy and difficult mostly due to limited instructions.

Graphics, animations, voice overs and music were very good and appropriate for the gameplay. Gameplay wasn't as smooth as I would have liked, but the map helped most the time with the transporter hint used as needed.

Like I mentioned earlier, this was quite the morbid one. Sort of lost track of the story as far as keeping the many and varied characters straight and trying to figure out what the family history was here.

I have most of the Phantasmat series and enjoy them. Might have to play this one over to get the history clear. Very long game and ends completely so you don't feel you missed anything by not buying the CE. I give a 4 out of 5, mostly because I felt the game was a bit choppy to play.

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Jan 21, 16 2:39 PM
This is the best game in the series. Phantasmat has always aimed for creepy and this time they nailed it. I felt like I was actually walking through the lair of a family of serial killers, and I couldn't play for very long at a stretch before my "ick meter" was full - I LOVED IT!

Go to: