Has anyone completed this level? Help!

canuck_53
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Cape Town level 88

[Post New]by canuck_53 on Jan 16, 16 5:56 AM
Re: Cape Town level 88
Jojo987654321 wrote:Has anyone completed this level? Help!

I completed all three levels but it took many tries until the board provided many, many brown gummies and many opportunities to create lightning boosts. Ridiculous level.

Each city has its own thread for questions, so I'm pasting your question and my answer under the thread "Cape Town level help".

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Cape Town level 88

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 17, 16 11:07 AM
Hi Jojo987654321,

I see that there is some trouble getting through Cape Town, Level 88.

What I found help was to concentrate on making as many Lightning Bolt Boosts as canuck_53 mentioned. The focus for this level is to make as many types of boosts as you can in the least amount of moves. You will notice that there are two brown color blockers that count down on the number of moves you make. Combining boosts with either another type of boost such as a line crush or Lightning Bolt Boost helps to clear out gummies along with increasing your chances of getting brown gummies to fill the color blockers. Once you are able to get rid of the color blockers that count down your moves, you can focus on filling the other color blockers and getting the score level requirements.

if you find that you are still having issues, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game.

To help keep the Gummy Drop! forum organized, we ask that players with city specific level questions to post in the city designated thread that canuck_53 mentioned. I'll include below a link to the main directory as well as the one for Cape Town below. Thank you for your understanding.

Gummy Drop! City Directory - START HERE TO FIND HINTS

Cape Town - Level Help

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

CaribouLou
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by CaribouLou on Mar 24, 16 6:52 PM
What's the secret to this level? I've tried many, many times, using Shovels to deactivate the timed Brown Exploding Gems, Combos, Lightning Bolts, and Extra Moves. However there are just not enough Brown Gummys appearing in each game to even start a cascade going. I've managed to clear the Exploding Gems on the left side a few times, then used a Shovel to get rid of the timed Gem on the right, but then there are no more Brown Gummys appearing. The last 5 times I tried, I only had 1 to 3 Brown Gummys the entire time during each try. I can't keep spending REAL money to buy Boosts, etc. I don't mind paying IF I'm getting value for my money. I have been stuck on this level for DAYS! I've contacted Big Fish Customer Service TWICE, asking for help, with no response. That has never happened to me before. I've been stuck so long on this level that I've accumulated over 4,000 Coins by going back and playing uncompleted levels in previous cities. HELLLLLLPPPPPPPP !!!!! ???

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 25, 16 3:52 PM
Hi CaribouLou,

This is definitely a difficult level, and we've passed this along. As you may have seen, the Gummy Drop! team is very receptive to player feedback and have adjusted many levels as a result of this.

In the meantime, I did post some tips in the the Cape Town - Level Help thread HERE.

If anyone continues to experience trouble with this level, we definitely encourage you to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with the email address that's linked to your game.

If you've already contacted Support, please make sure that you reply to any and all emails that you receive, even if they appear to be automated. This ensures that you'll keep your place in line and that you'll be contacted personally by one of our Reps. If a reply from you is not received, the system will automatically close your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 3:52:34 PM PST

CaribouLou
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by CaribouLou on Mar 26, 16 8:31 AM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi CaribouLou,

This is definitely a difficult level, and we've passed this along. As you may have seen, the Gummy Drop! team is very receptive to player feedback and have adjusted many levels as a result of this.

In the meantime, I did post some tips in the the <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/preList/616900/6441123.page#6441123">Cape Town - Level Help</a> thread <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/preList/616900/6441123.page#6441123">HERE</a>.

If anyone continues to experience trouble with this level, we definitely encourage you to contact our Technical Support Team <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask">HERE</a> with the email address that's linked to your game.

If you've already contacted Support, please make sure that you reply to any and all emails that you receive, even if they appear to be automated. This ensures that you'll keep your place in line and that you'll be contacted personally by one of our Reps. If a reply from you is not received, the system will automatically close your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

bfgWaimea

I've written Customer Service THREE TIMES so far. I keep getting a form reply which hasn't helped me at all. More than a week has gone by and I'm still stuck! Several times I didn't get a single Brown Gummy the entire game. I've bought Shovels and Boosts and Lightning Bolts but I AM STILL STUCK!! None of the forum tips are helping and Big Fish is certainly not doing anything viable that helps,

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 31, 16 12:00 PM
Hi CaribouLou,

I'm sorry to hear you hadn't received a reply from our Customer Support Team. Unfortunately, our Support Team has received an unusually large number of inquiries, and so their response time is a little longer than usual. However, our Reps are working hard to get back to everyone as soon as they're able.

I've been in contact with the Support Team, and I understand that someone emailed you about this issue. If anyone else is getting an automated email that hasn't addressed their problem, we recommend replying, in order to keep the inquiry open. I do also want to say that we don't recommend opening new tickets if you're experiencing a wait. As bfgWaimea mentioned, our system automatically closes inquiries if we don't receive a response within a certain amount of time. Responding to the emails you receive instead of opening a new ticket keeps your spot in line, and ensures that you'll get a response as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM a Moderator.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Keren1411 on Jul 7, 16 3:40 PM
I'm stuck!
Trying to pass this level for 2 weeks now...
Had lots of bolts but I still only got so far as around 50,000 points (one time i got 70,000).
Something is sooooo wrong in this level

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jul 8, 16 11:54 AM
See my thread in the city help directory. In essence, forget about the brown gummies and concentrate on points. I matched a lightening bolt with a piece of trash. It removed all the trash, dropped all the colorblockers to the bottom and opened up many spaces for additional gummies.

Edited on 07/08/2016 at 11:55:46 AM PST

[Post New]by Allnamesinuse on Aug 28, 16 5:57 PM
To get near the trash didn't you have to remove a lot of the gummies? Not possible when there are virtually no Browns on the board and one of the bombs is faster than the other.
In another thread there's a suggestion of clashing two lightning strikes to clear the paper, which it doesn't so don't waste moves doing that.

I see this problem was first posted in January and now at the end of August there's no change. I realise I don't understand howTech Support works, but I can't see the logic of dealing with individual emailers as opposed to just doing something about it to help everyone.

[Post New]by katjohns55 on Jan 4, 17 1:11 PM
first move use a color blast bomb on the paper

Go to: