Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by pacfam on Jan 9, 17 12:12 PM
Midnight Castle is constantly crashing (about every 5-10 minutes of play). I am on a Kindle Fire 10" tablet. This began only since the last update of the game that I installed on Dec. 16, 2016. It crashes at no predictable point in the game. I have played for many months without this problem. I always play with the tablet connected to a power source to maintain a good power level. I am running Fire OS 5.3.2.1. Uninstalling and reinstalling is not an option if I am to continue with this game. If I lose all progress on this game I will not continue playing. Can you help?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 10, 17 10:45 AM
Hi pacfam,

I'm sorry to hear that the game has been crashing when you're playing on your Kindle. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with these details about the device and this issue.

Our teams are aware that some users have been encountering crashing in the game, and the Forum Moderation Team is continuing to pass along reports like these so that they can look into them. In the meantime, our help articles may be useful in addressing the problem. If you haven't done so already, I encourage taking a look at the following, which contains information specific for Kindles:

Games for Amazon Kindle

If this problem continues the Forum Moderation Team then recommends getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE and including your player ID and that information you posted regarding your device. Our Reps will certainly be happy to help as best they can, and that info can help in any ongoing technical investigations. If needed, steps for locating the player ID in the game can be found below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

I also understand that you'd prefer not to reinstall the game in order to prevent a loss of progress and I certainly understand. However, I do want to mention that, if progress ever disappears from your profile, you can certainly reach out to our Technical Support Team for assistance. Our Reps have the tools needed to investigate and provide customized help for that issue, and they're always willing to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by pacfam on Jan 12, 17 1:13 AM
Thank you so much for your reply. I will do as you suggest and contact Technical Support.

Gemmam77
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jan 13, 17 3:12 PM
Also had major crashing problems for most of the Christmas period which result in diamond, real cash, inventory, especially food & coins time & my patience being lost on my Kindle fire, it's taken 6 days & two email prompts to get a response from your customer service team which is not acceptable. I have struggled through & managed to get the first castle challenge avatar but achieving the other avatars not to mention the other achievements has been impossible. Looking back through these posts it is apparent that this has been common knowledge for quite some time, why could you not have announced this & saved us all from hours of hell, I'm sure we would all appreciate the honesty. Just in case you delete this post as you have with other posts I have taken a screen shot.

Edited on 01/13/2017 at 3:14:26 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
8,031 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 16, 17 7:05 AM
Hi there,

Thank you to the players that have taken the time to post in this particular thread. I wanted to pop in here and help address the recent posts.

pacfam
, if you find that your issue hasn't been resolved from the Support Team, please be sure to reply directly to every email received. This will alert a representative that further assistance is needed and keep your place in line.

Gemmam77, we apologize for the technical issues you are experiencing as well as the delay in response from the team. I was able to reach out to the support team and it looks like you are currently working with a representative. Please be sure to reply directly to each email so that the rep can provide more assistance if needed. The time to complete achievements and challenges within the game may vary due to the requirements necessary to complete them. They are meant to be challenging and also enjoyable. The Moderation Team has no control over this content within the game, but we will be sure to pass along this feedback to the Midnight Castle teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Dove_fish
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Dove_fish on Jan 21, 17 11:37 AM
Hi, my game is crashing/rebooting, usually with a loss of progress.
I've sent a message to the support team.
I agree with others, it's not my kindle that has the issue, it's something in the last update that is not working correctly with my system.

kthreads
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
495 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Jan 21, 17 2:42 PM
I was hoping with the end of the Christmas event the crashes would be over with Kindle devices.
Every time I try to change the player name in my private rooms, both my Kindles crash and restart.
During the event, it was only one Kindle I had problems with...now both my Kindles crash every time in the same place...the private rooms. No matter what room it is as soon as I try to name the room...gone.

What's up with this?

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Jan 22, 17 6:39 AM
kthreads wrote:I was hoping with the end of the Christmas event the crashes would be over with Kindle devices.
Every time I try to change the player name in my private rooms, both my Kindles crash and restart.
During the event, it was only one Kindle I had problems with...now both my Kindles crash every time in the same place...the private rooms. No matter what room it is as soon as I try to name the room...gone.

What's up with this?

Exact same thing happens on both my kindles. Really hoped this would stop when the Winter Event ended, but it's deja vu all over again. Even when I stay out of my private room, the game resets every five minutes three or four times, then the interval gets longer. Most times I just go back one step, but sometimes it's all the way back to the previous reset. Been there, done that, yet again. Why can't you fix this?

bfgIlinalta
2,027 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 22, 17 4:58 PM
Hello ReallyHelpless, kthreads, and Dove_fish,

I'm sorry to hear that there seems to be some trouble playing the Android version of Midnight Castle on the Kindle Fire. We absolutely want to help with this if we can, and, only, if you haven't already, I would like to request seeing if the following steps are able to help quickly resolve that issue, and I would also like to provide a way to reach out to us with more information so we can look further into this issue.

If you haven't yet attempted these steps, I'd like to recommend seeing if they are able to help out in this circumstance:

Games for Amazon Kindle

If those steps were already attempted or if you have tried them and they don't work, I recommend players that haven't already to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with your in-game ID (if possible), the model of the Kindles this issue is being seen on, and what version of operating system that device is using currently. This information can be critical in discovering why this issue is happening, and we absolutely appreciate you taking the time to give that information to our Reps so they can deliver it to the appropriate teams investigating the issues that players have reported.

Just in case it is helpful, the following page contains a guide on finding in-game IDs for many of our games: Finding Your In-Game ID

Also, our Reps may let you know that further investigation or an update may be needed for the issue to be addressed. If this is the case, the Forum Moderation Team wants to thank you in advance for your patience, and we will be sure to announce any information we are provided as soon as possible so that affected players can know that a new update is available.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Nelly469
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Nelly469 on Jan 24, 17 8:37 AM
Just wanted to say that I'm Playing on a Kindle Fire und have No Problems at the moment. Altho in the past have had Plenty to Do with freezing especially in the wish list and restarts.
Keep up the good work.

[Post New]by tingrin93 on Jan 26, 17 5:57 AM
User is a36172. My gold chest has been gone since the start of the winter special in my special room...#1 as well as the Christmas room. Could I get this put back in please?
Helen

Dove_fish
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Dove_fish on Jan 28, 17 11:24 PM
Update on the game crashing issue. I was told it will be fixed in the next update, but nobody knows when that will be. Great, but what about all the lost progress, the time, everything.

bfgBellerophon
8,031 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 30, 17 6:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for posting in this thread.

Nelly469, I'm glad to hear that things are up and running as they should in your game. I'll be sure to pass this feedback to the Midnight Castle teams.

tingrin93, welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that items are missing from your game. Please keep in mind that this particular chest is randomized on when it appears. If you find that after a few days it still doesn't appear, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with your player ID. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can. Just in case it's needed, I'll provide a help article below on how to obtain this information:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Dove_fish, in regards to the crashing issue, thank you for writing into the support team. The teams continue to investigate this issue and we thank you for your patience. In regards to an update, we apologize that the Moderation Team isn't privy to the information that surrounds when one will be available. We will post in the following thread once any information is brought to our attention:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (Android) - December 16, 2016

In regards to the lost progress, please reply directly to the email from the representative. This will alert to the rep that further assistance is needed as they have the appropriate tools to further assist.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Gemmam77
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Feb 2, 17 2:36 PM
Any update on the fix for our android gamer crashing?

Dove_fish
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Dove_fish on Feb 4, 17 5:52 AM
Gemmam, the crash fix will be done in the next update. Unfortunately, nobody knows when that will be. The good news is if you write in to customer support after the fix, they are willing to compensate for the lost items. They don't want to credit our games until after the fix because we can still lose stuff in a crash right now.
Be patient...good things come to those who wait. Hope this helps.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 7, 17 9:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

I understand that there's some question regarding a fix for that crashing on Android devices, and I wanted to stop in here with some information.

As mentioned in this thread, the appropriate teams are in the process of investigating this problem in order to work on a fix. As Dove_fish suggested, making sure updates are installed when they're released is a great way to ensure that any fixes they include are applied properly in the game.

I do want to mention that, due to the different variables that go into technical investigations, the Forum Moderation Team isn't able to provide specific information on when a problem like this may be resolved or on what an update may include in advance of it's release. However, we're making sure to pass reports of this issue along to the right teams, and we'll make sure to update the forums with any relevant details we receive.

In the meantime, if anyone has lost progress or items as a result of this problem we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID. Our Reps will certainly be happy to help as much as they can. Some steps for finding that ID can be found in the following help article:

Finding Your In-Game ID

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Gemmam77
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Feb 7, 17 2:49 PM
Not really good enough is it, as the game is still crashing and we are all loosing progress & inventory, this has been going on for months now, contacting the tech department results in a few diamonds being sent but really this does not compensate for anything like what we have lost.
Please find a fix soon as loyalty doesn't last forever.

bfgBellerophon
8,031 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 9, 17 2:35 PM
Hi Gemmam77,

It is understandable the frustration that may arise with the appearance of technical issues. Please keep in mind that the forums aren't equipped with the appropriate tools to further troubleshoot certain issues. By reaching out to the Technical Support Team it helps the appropriate teams see the impact these issues have on the players. The support team also has the tools to provide pertinent information from these tickets to the appropriate teams for the investigation of these issues.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. Feel free to reach out to any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions or concerns. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Feb 12, 17 5:13 AM
Well, the whole issue of losing progress could be solved by adding an in-game save button. Why is this not possible?

[Post New]by Grandma_Teddy on Feb 12, 17 1:30 PM
I don't know where to post this, but I am on level 17 in the android version of MC:

I am looking for friends; I love to gift, but I have no one to gift to; my ID# is

a809021

Go to: