General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 1, 16 10:54 AM
As I Coco......and for the life of me I see not any reason to tout the DEV's for this update..........completely contrair to any reasoned depiction of the latest disaster.

pulling the last hairs on my dome...... **D**

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 1, 16 11:18 AM
OK, so I opened up my Kindle game just to do the math. One full round (which is the first complete round I have done since BEFORE the update!) of 51 HOS. I got:
30 coins (15 each, of course)
8 shards
13 items: key (value 15 coins), archstrategist ring (15 coins) , charions helmet (15 coins), shield of order (15 coins), griffin symbol (15 coins), venetian saga (30 coins), reconciliation rod (15 coins), boiling power (15 coins), sign of fallen (25 coins), galleon of fallen legion (30 coins), phoenix feather (30 coins), feminine purity (25 coins) and mask of death (25 coins).

Doing the math:

59% coins, 16% shards, 25% items!

I got a total value of 605 coins (shards have no coin value at this time!).

Now if an item dropped from every HOS:
28 HOS worth 15 coins (of which 13 have with 3 items worth 15 coins and 1 item worth 25 coins) - Total value varies from 420 to 550 coins
12 HOS worth 25 coins - Total value 300 coins
11 HOS worth 30 coins - Total value 330 coins

Total value varies from 1050 to 1180 coins (I know we never got all 25 coin items out of the castle in a single round, but just for value purposes)

So as I received 605 coins, that is a loss of 445 coins minimum (42%) max 575 coins (49%)

And that is with only 51 HOS, what about 100 HOS?????

How can anyone say having the coins replace the items has any value to the player?

Et to add only 13 of 28 HOS have possible 25 coin items for clarification, and fix typo on max coins

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 11:54:51 AM PST

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 1, 16 11:32 AM
And while I was in the game I changed my player name to include "protesting update" and took down my wish list. Just hanging out an hoping for a better day!

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 1, 16 11:42 AM
And of course I could not complete all 51 HOS without the game crashing and restarting, as USUAL! I was too busy counting to remember to exit, force close and restart! Got me on the second to last one

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Feb 1, 16 12:10 PM
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard updates could be denied
But something crushed me deep inside
The day the old game died

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Feb 1, 16 12:27 PM
My ship has come so I am sailing off for a very long break, in other words I surrender!!!!!

Carry on and fight the battle ahead as I am done, KAPUT!!!!!

Cindy, crusader the tired warrior

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 1, 16 3:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

To clear up any confusion, Midnight Castle is developed by Elephant Games and not Big Fish Games, and no, Elephant is not a subcontractor to Big Fish. However, Big Fish is partnered with Elephant to distribute Midnight Castle.

We understand that many players are unhappy with this latest update, and the majority of the posts in this thread do show this. Despite this, the update is still necessary because it affects game functionality and cannot be rolled back.

The Mods would like to be able to have more to add besides the fact that we are passing feedback along to the appropriate teams. However, the Forum Moderation Team does not have the ability to make direct changes to the game, nor do we have advance access to any information regarding updates to the game. As we have tried to make clear time and again, all we can do is to advocate for the players as best we can. Once we receive any important details regarding the game, we're always sure to share them in this forum.

The devs are not likely to reply themselves in this thread but, like you, the Mods are hoping your feedback will be reflected in future updates. Furthermore, any changes to the current update will require another update. For clarification, Big Fish does not have the ability to simply turn the recent update features off and on.

Moving forward, I must once again highlight the Forum Rules, particularly:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 3:38:10 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 1, 16 3:38 PM
Post only original material. Posts that contain song lyrics, movie quotes, television quotes, book quotes, or other copyrighted material will be removed to comply with U.S. copyright law.

While we would like to be able to leave this thread open, it will have to be locked if the rules are continually violated.

Thanks for your understanding,

bfgWaimea

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Feb 1, 16 4:25 PM
BfgWaimea:

Thank you for your post. While we realize the devs will not reply directly in this thread, we keep hoping they will respond through you. All we ask (besides winning lottery numbers) is that we get some kind of response, I.e., they hear us and are working on a new update that addresses some of our concerns or they hear us and don't care. Either reply would ease the frustration levels and end a lot of the speculation that leads to the negative antisocial comments. Many of us are holding off playing, hoping for at least a partial return to "the good old days", many are just moving on. Some are happy as clams. Lots of people were/are addicted to the game and want their daily fix (shoot me up with lotus blossom juice!). Perhaps you could pass that on to EG to see if they'll take pity on us and communicate their intentions insofar as future game development.

Thanks,

Ratso

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 1, 16 4:30 PM
siberlene wrote:I don't understand the level of distaste for the latest update that I'm reading here. So items don't drop at the same rate. Hmm. Doesn't anyone enjoy a challenge anymore? Every shard that drops works towards something, whether it be Trina or an achievement. Every coin that drops builds the bank. What can be wrong with that?

It's might be nice to have things handed to me every time I want something but, personally, I'd rather work for it. This is a game similar to life. Work hard and you'll get there.

If it was too easy it wouldn't be half as much fun.

siberlene -- hopefully this will explain some of it....

1. Players BELOW the maxed level of 69 still have character quests to complete. When the HOSs gave inventory items EVERY time, you could go into every room on a circuit and collect additional inventory for future quests. So, when I hit the request to go to Six-Paw, maybe I already had one Glowing Darkness, so I only had to go directly to that room to get the second one. Now, I have to go to the Castle Armory/Battle Pit one time and wait for the room to recharge (which is an hour if I have it maxed out)....so now it takes me 2x as long to fulfill that character's quest, but I can still at least advance in the game.

As you go up in the game, each level becomes increasingly more expensive. If you were going into each room in circuit, you would be building coins for those level costs. Plus, you would be adding inventory so you could craft some of the items and sell them for profit to make up any difference.

2. Players AT maxed level of 69 only have Trina's quests, Daily quests, and the new Side quests to work on. There are 8 of each daily quests (8 3-part; 8 5-part; 8 8-part). MOST of what must be done in the daily quests is visiting Zoom Zones, sometimes 2-5 times to the same ZZ. There are about 3 3-part quests that could comfortably be done (minimal ZZ visitation) and only one of the 10-part Daily Quests....ALL of the 5-part daily quests are filled with numerous ZZ visitations. Without inventory built up, it is impossible to do any of the Daily Quests.

Trina is requiring either 200 shards or visits to 20 ZZ quite frequently -- again, without inventory, it is impossible to do her quests.

The side quests have basically depleted any stockpiled inventory the senior players had. Many have posted that they had over 100 Polestars when they started the quests and now they have less than 20 or zero left.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 1, 16 4:33 PM
Those are some of the GAME related problems that are encountered by not receiving inventory.

There is also the Social aspect that the game has cultivated...not to mention, you need to send gifts to friends to get the postcards that Trina needs in her quests.

Without the Daily quests, Trina's quests, or the Side quests.....only going through the HOSs is left.

That USED to be beneficial to building inventory and coinage for any future costly update....now that has been removed from the players.

Without the inventory dropping from the HOSs on a regular basis, further play in the game is really stymied.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 1, 16 4:51 PM
Excellent explanation Annielil.....and spot on Ratso.......!! and maybe with a focus as to the real truth of this HOS item depletion and the stress it has put to the Castle folks as a whole...the gravity of all player levels being affected......hope this has teeth to the REALITY we face.

Cheers **D@NgeR** out

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Feb 1, 16 5:03 PM
Dear Annelliegram!

Thank very much for expressing your views sooo well!

I am also on L69.Saddened and frustrated with the drop rate of useful inventory.

I liked to level up, and then be able to build inventory and coin for next level.

But also to gift players at lower levels, as I would know what it took in inventory to get past the character quests.

Finding it more difficult, have to skip some long time gifting friends....

My good friends have been helping me with hard to get items.....

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

keeps me hanging on.....

Hope spring event will bring much needed changes.

Good Luck to all in the Castle!

( one polestar in 10 rounds, immortal treasure in dice game, no banner of loyalty... Really?)

Crystal ; P ( wishing for rainbows and unicorns!)

PS did get 2 crystals of twilight in the 10 rounds also....

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 5:05:59 PM PST

JohnTonkin
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Feb 1, 16 6:24 PM
Had a thought that wouldn't require a full update. The probabilities for getting coins, shards, or the various objects are probably in a table. Could the probabilities for coins and shards be reduced and the hos objects increased correspondingly? Right now it seems like coins 65%, shards 15%, HOS objects 20%. Could the probabilities be changed to 10% coins, 5% shards, and 85% objects? This would rectify most of the problems.

Could BFG suggest this to the developers? Wouldn't require major development, just the application of a hex editor.

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 1, 16 6:46 PM
Once again, I would like to extend a personal thank you to the players who have added levity to this thread, as it was much needed! We all know what the issues are and have made a concerted effort to ensure we are heard. There does; however, come a time when poking fun at our own seriousness has its welcomed place. So a sincere thank you to Ratso and the General for keeping us all honest, especially with ourselves and that one is mostly just because I like cats!
much love to all
Eliana

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Feb 1, 16 8:27 PM
JohnTonkin wrote:Had a thought that wouldn't require a full update. The probabilities for getting coins, shards, or the various objects are probably in a table. Could the probabilities for coins and shards be reduced and the hos objects increased correspondingly? Right now it seems like coins 65%, shards 15%, HOS objects 20%. Could the probabilities be changed to 10% coins, 5% shards, and 85% objects? This would rectify most of the problems.

Could BFG suggest this to the developers? Wouldn't require major development, just the application of a hex editor.

Not being technically inclined, I refer to it as "tweaking the faucet". And you are absolutely correct. This could be done in a heartbeat. No update required.

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Feb 2, 16 5:21 AM
I went to look for the thread " ATTENTION DEVS......Concerning Update" and it has been taken off the information page. I found my way back here by reading posts 3 pages back. What's up with that? Are the now discouraging discontent? Please be fair and put this back in the list with update notifications, friends and egg trading. That was a ridiculous move to quiet things down. But I won't lose it again. And I won't stay quiet about my unhappiness. And I wish this thread would be used for the update ONLY.
Please put other conversation on the social forum. Thank you.
And DEVS, I am still disgusted with this update. Downloaded on my Kindle last night so I could see for myself the damage done to the game and now I know. I was only on level 14 on my pc and there it will take forever to get anywhere. On the higher levels you are slowing us to a snails pace. 50 keys to the chest, are you kidding?
To clarify, I found my way back from a post on the Welcome to Midnight Castle forum.

Edited on 02/02/2016 at 8:35:00 AM PST

[Post New]by Tektukr on Feb 2, 16 5:53 AM
I am sending emails to Elephant games to express my displeasure about this new update. If enough people do the same, maybe they will respond.

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Feb 2, 16 7:18 AM
I am sending emails to Elephant games to express my displeasure about this new update. If enough people do the same, maybe they will respond.

I sent one a week ago and never heard back anything. They are probably not giving two hoots about it if they are still seeing the $numbers. I have noticed BFG has been putting MC on top of the hidden objects tab now, they are probably trying to get a lot of new players to replace the ones that are walking. Today sadly I gave notice to my friends that I too have had enough, I will check in once in awhile to see if they updated this nonsense but I am not holding my breath.

Good by castle, I will miss you!

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Feb 2, 16 7:22 AM
Please people, after you post your comments about the update, ask them to put this thread back on "Helpful links for Midnight Castle". Taking it off was not fair play. Remember to post about the update first so you stay on point for this forum. Then let them have it for hiding it!!!

Go to: