voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

My Evaluation

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Jan 16, 16 12:35 AM
Firstly, one of my pet hates is an achievement that includes finishing the game quickly. This one says, "Finish the Main Story in the shortest amount of time". I guess that this could be achieved on the first time playing.

14 Achievements in all. Just the usual suspects.

There are morphing objects in the HOPs and storm clouds(collectibles) to find. Also, treasures, which I believe you try to find when the game is complete.

4 difficulty levels. Drizzle, Downpour, Thunderstorm and Custom.

There is very little in the extras section. Gallery, Collectible Hunt, HOPs and Achievements.

6 chapters plus the bonus.

The mobile phone/cell phone has the objectives and clues in it. (This reminded of the way the Nancy Drew Games. LOL!)

The SG, achievements and the map are next to the hint button. (My personal dislike as well, having things so close to the hint). On the left you can see how many collectibles you have.

The HOPs are interactive and there is a thing to show if you have found the morphing object. Just above the word "Menu". The first HOP is a silouette type, which is quite clear what you need to find, unlike some other games. The second was a list and interactive also.

I have a feeling that there will be very mixed reviews for this game. I myself am on the fence about it.

Happy gaming to all!

Edited on 01/16/2016 at 1:09:47 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:My Evaluation

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 16, 16 1:24 AM
Thanks for that.

I am not too sure about this game either. Seems a little too easy or am I just playing too many of these?

Have fun all

voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Jan 16, 16 2:23 AM
Hi Ann Happy New Year.

Well, despite the rain and the dreary scenes, which do match the story, I think I must see what happens next. Disappointing extras as I mentioned before, so I may wait for the SE.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jan 16, 16 2:35 AM
i played the game but its confusing to me i dont know if i like it or hate it i guess i wont buy it maybe try the SE and deside at that time
cisca

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 16, 16 10:44 AM
I am puzzled by the Reviews on the Game page. All three Reviewers give it high scores but all three seem to be mostly unimpressed and actually critical of it. Why the multi Stars?

I am DL'ing it now. I like Mad Head. I have purchased some of their games and enjoyed the art and creativity. If this one, however, is a reworking of other games I am not likely to purchase it. That is to be seen. As the Reviewers have given it good scores, there must be more to it than what they noted. I look forward to playing the Demo.

[Post New]by maggie_minx on Jan 16, 16 3:16 PM
Like you, bribling, I too am often frustrated by the front page reviews, but have actually noticed this on more than one occasion. Certain reviewers will say a game isn't great, but still give it 4-5 stars and recommend it (just so their review is hopefully seen first???? - surely not!). It gives their reviews less credibility, IMO. Reviews should be honest - don't say you aren't impressed with a game then give it 5 stars!

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Jan 20, 16 8:44 AM
Hear, hear !! I agree.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 22, 16 11:36 PM
Ignore the first 3 or 4 reviewers who are all the same, who seem to come up almost before the game is released, all rate everything 5 stars and then sometimes write "I don't recommend this game". These folks seem to have some sort of "look at ME!" problem and have been banned from these forums (but you can't ban starred reviews apparently). Sad, really, but I have learned over the last year or so to just try for myself, and if I'm on the fence, I just wait until about the middle of the following week when the rest of us "shlubs" reviews come in. Wish I had done that with this one. What a dud and a real surprise for Mad Head (someone please tell me that Eipix hasn't bought them out too????)

Go to: