Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 16, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/16/2016 at 8:56:19 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 16, 16 1:40 AM
Yet another game that won't work on Mac OS X El Capitan! Exasperating....

Off to the right corner, so can't see all the screen or reach all the controls.

The sound comes and goes too.

All up to date on machine; seems to me that devs aren't making CEs for El Capitan as 5th game in a month that won't run properly.

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Jan 16, 16 1:40 AM
game doesn't fill the screen so can't see the hint button etc. This has happened on a few games now. I'm using Macbook Air.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 16, 16 3:58 AM
Totally sick of it. Contacted CS and all they offer is try this, that and the other! What point is there in that, when it's the game and a Dev issue??

It just seems like fobbing us off. Last game that wouldn't run on El Capitan got same old try our tech help etc etc, yet in no time there was an update as it also affected Windows PCs.

If it only affects Mac users there's never been an update (that I can remember). So whilst Mac users are growing rapidly, only PC Windows users count!

What's the point in releasing Mac editions that don't work on Macs? Who beta tests the Mac games? I only ever get invites to beta test Windows versions, so no wonder the Mac versions don't work.

There's rarely a non-CE worth using a free voucher on. Only games I can buy these days are CEs, yet since El Capitan released hardly any work properly at all.

Been a member since 2009, but so close to ditching BFGs as no benefits to being a member anymore. Yes, CEs cheaper but if they don't work, they just as well cost a million pounds each ?? Whose going to buy games that can't be played?

Please BFGs have a word with your devs, and sort these ongoing issues out with the various devs that release game after game that no one with El Capitan can play...

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jan 16, 16 5:29 AM
HELP! The key in the bonus where I have to save my daughter has disappeared with the villain and I cant close the game. The game wont play full screen so I had to play in non - full screen mode! The entire game played fine and then this!!!! BFG seriously you need to take your QC to another level - preferably a higher one!

wwhitley56
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by wwhitley56 on Jan 16, 16 5:59 AM
Game freeze again ..SMH !!

[Post New]by lexus1girl on Jan 16, 16 6:37 AM
I've downloaded this game twice on windows10. When I load the game I only get a black screen?

Edited on 01/16/2016 at 6:38:19 AM PST

[Post New]by MonsterHound07 on Jan 16, 16 6:41 AM
I finished the main game and was all the way through the bonus game, to the point of saving my daughter from the plane. I went to put the key in the airplane door, but the key disappeared. The hint says there is nothing to do in that scene. I can't finish the game without the key. This is very frustrating to be so close and have the game glitch at the very end.

Ryvon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Ryvon on Jan 16, 16 6:54 AM
I also am having trouble with the key. Had it to insert and it disappeared from the screen. Cannot move any further.

[Post New]by wolfshadow22 on Jan 16, 16 8:41 AM
in the beginning of the game in the fire of the barn the hose won't reach the third fire spot witch is on the right ( #3 )

[Post New]by glendalekid on Jan 16, 16 8:45 AM
Having the same problem with the fire - cannot put out #3.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 16, 16 8:55 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Jclaud on Jan 16, 16 9:00 AM
Can't put the fire out on the barn, wide screen, WIN 10. Nice game, would like to ply but can't put out the fire. Restarted, unchecked wide screen, still couldn't get right side fire(back of barn). Guess the guy died.

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

[Post New]by beardedfish on Jan 16, 16 9:28 AM
Hello fishies,

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

I'm running this game on our family's computer with Win7.

I also had a problem with a key disappearing in the CE chapter, same as Ryvon, MonsterHound07 and bonggamer. The key disappeared from the airplane lock and I couldn't progress any further.

I would have given up just there and then but I noticed that the girl was in the plane and was wondering how I didn't notice her being dragged or getting locked in the plane. So I decided to start a new game.

Once I got to the CE part with an airfield, I immediately clicked on a plane and what do you know the girl was already there. So I talked to her and tried to open the door. After that I progressed through the rest of the game and after the fight with Rob, I used the key on the plane door and finished the game.

So to recap: As soon as you get to the CE click on the plane and try open the door and everything should be ok for you.

I hope this helps everyone!

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jan 16, 16 9:40 AM
Problems here too, putting out the fire. I only got the one on the left .

[Post New]by patinmass77 on Jan 16, 16 10:17 AM
bonggamer wrote:HELP! The key in the bonus where I have to save my daughter has disappeared with the villain and I cant close the game. The game wont play full screen so I had to play in non - full screen mode! The entire game played fine and then this!!!! BFG seriously you need to take your QC to another level - preferably a higher one!

I have the same problem! This is the second game in the last month where I got almost to the end and then a bug prevented me from finishing.

[Post New]by tystik4 on Jan 16, 16 10:59 AM
cant get past the barn fire hose wont move to the right

[Post New]by tystik4 on Jan 16, 16 11:16 AM
are there any answers to the problem or are just bitching

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Jan 16, 16 11:39 AM

Edited on 01/16/2016 at 3:39:46 PM PST

[Post New]by not2fat on Jan 16, 16 12:14 PM
Having similar problem with putting out barn fire. Cannot direct hose to reach fire #3!

Go to: