All games 50% off. Obviously not for everybody.

[Post New]by Siluett on Jan 16, 16 9:56 AM
I live in Sweden so unfortunately I have to pay around 25% VAT. This game costs 17:49 dollars with my membership and when I applied the 50% off "DREAM" code, the price went down to 12:49 instead of 8:74. That's 29%, not 50%! Am I stupid or did I misunderstand something? Wrong calculations? Or is it only Americans who get the 50% discount? If that's the case, it is really mean to give a smaller discount to customers who already pay more for the games. But I can't see any reason to do so. Why would Big Fish be so unfair?
Anyway, you have a nice day with lots of gaming.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:All games 50% off. Obviously not for everybody.

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 16, 16 10:29 AM
This sale was for half off of the RETAIL price. I'm one of the disappointed "Americans".

If it had been half off of the discounted Game Club price, I would have been able to spend a little extra for two games, instead of just the one.

Edited on 01/16/2016 at 10:31:40 AM PST

[Post New]by Siluett on Jan 16, 16 10:57 AM
Thank you for the explanation. Now I know that BF wasn't mean to the Swedish population. That's good! And I know that I still know how to count. I was just stupid. I can live with that.

In my case, there won't be any new games today. Hopefully there will be another deal soon that will suit me better. Thanks again and hope you have fun with your new game.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 16, 16 11:14 AM
Siluett!

HAHAHAHA! I have lost count of my "stupid moments". Best not to linger...

You're welcome!

[Post New]by Siluett on Jan 16, 16 11:37 AM
Lol. It feels good to know that I'm not all alone with my stupidity. I bet on billions..

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 16, 16 11:06 PM
Skal Siluett! There unfortunately seem to be fewer and fewer "members only" sales anymore which is certainly making me (and a few others I think) look into my pocketbook and question what the point is to being a member anymore. Sometimes their sale verbiage is certainly confusing (on purpose? :suspicious So you should feel no embarrassment at all, lol!!

Edited on 01/16/2016 at 11:07:14 PM PST

UsiUsiUsi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by UsiUsiUsi on Jan 17, 16 3:20 AM
I'm used to it. That is why I only use two for one offers. CEs cost almost 12 USD when 50% off and 24 USD normal price.

Edited on 01/17/2016 at 3:22:01 AM PST

[Post New]by Siluett on Jan 17, 16 8:46 AM
The games get extra expensive for us who pay VAT, so I buy only games on sale. When I did my first purchase I got really confused when I saw the bill increase a lot after I had written in my address and stuff. The moment after I had sent a mail about my big issue with the price to BF, I realised that it was because of the awful VAT. For the millionth time I felt like banging my head against the wall. Lol. That's me and I'm starting to get used to it.

Skål kgustavson!

UsiUsiUsi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by UsiUsiUsi on Jan 18, 16 9:41 AM
Someone had noticed that buying two games credits is cheaper than buying a CE for full price?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 19, 16 5:47 PM
I am another American who was disappointed to find it was 50% off of Retail.
So, I am waiting, semi-impatiently for a good sale for members.
It seemed to me, that we used to get them more often....
but, I figure I am just supposed to work on my patience again.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 19, 16 5:53 PM
UsiUsiUsi,
I don't see how buying two credits is cheaper than buying a game for cash.
The credits cost 6.99 apiece in the USA, and you need two credits to purchase a CE, so the price is basically the same, if you are a member paying member discounts.
It might be less expensive for a non-member if they are allowed to purchase credits at the lower price.....because the retail price is close to 18 dollars.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 19, 16 7:19 PM
If I am not mistaken, everyone who lives outside the USA has to pay an extra 20% (or more?) VAT on top of the game price, not just those living in Sweden.

I live in the UK and have to pay an extra 20% of all games purchased. It's not fair to us, but what can you do?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 20, 16 10:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to talk about the game prices in our sales. Thank you everyone who chimed in with that information about the sale prices. While this Half Off Sale had affected the retail price of games, other sales may affect the Game Club prices, or both the Game Club and retail prices. For information on specific sales, we recommend checking out the sale on our Blog, which will have details on the promotion and how to participate.

Since it sounds like the question about the price specific to this game has been answered, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If there's ever a question about or an issue with game prices or promotions, we recommend contacting our Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help look into the issue further.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 10:37:23 AM PST

Go to: