Senior Citizens sign in!!

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
436 Posts

Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jan 16, 16 10:31 AM
I noticed that many of the posts are from us "mature folks". I am soon to be 66 and I have just finished Havana...on to Rio. What do you think it is about Gummy Drop that attracts us seniors ? I am guessing that the game takes some interesting strategy decisions, does not generally require lightening fast reflexes and is somewhat educational.

Chuck

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
612 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 16, 16 11:22 AM
Hi Chuck, I think its that the interest levels are good and there is some "thinking" required by way of strategy to move through the cities. Currently in Havana I find it relaxing but also frustrating which keeps the brain involved. I am well into the 65+ retired age bracket and find I actually have better skills at this than some of my friends in the 40-50 age groups! Let's keep this seniors thread alive!
Adrienne

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
436 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jan 16, 16 2:04 PM
I also have the time to play Rome 87 over and over and over and....

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Jan 16, 16 4:36 PM
Agree with both.... It could be we are missing the brain part that calls ..."I give up!" I think we either have to be very patient, can wait for the recharge, updates etc... Or we've had enough birthdays it has affected us and we just don't know when to quit! Gray Gummys UNITE by the way, club memberships will cost you 500 coins.....lol

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
612 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 16, 16 5:17 PM
And I play Tokyo 45 a lot as I have 2 pink resource centres there and if I need more I play 107 but yes, always time to play Rome 87 . What annoys me is that I escaped from Seoul and I have left over 2 million blues and pinks there which I would willingly swap for those a stupid travel vouchers.....

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 17, 16 11:05 AM
What a GREAT idea. I'm a senior too, but not too hip on revealing my age (LOL). I'm probably not even in the "good" category of players as far as strategy goes, but I do enjoy playing.

I have a chronic back problem, but can get some relief by supporting my back in a semi-reclining position. So, I can play and it helps to take my mind off the pain for a while (at least sometimes).

Thanks for starting this thread, it'll be interesting to see how many of us "oldsters" there are out there!

Fish

[Post New]by kazabear2000 on Jan 17, 16 4:47 PM
Hi Seniors, I to have time to enjoy Gummy Drop keeps the brain working now that I have retired as one of my interest play some levels over at the moment playing Rome Carolyn

Edited on 01/17/2016 at 4:47:39 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
612 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 19, 16 1:44 PM
Morning all! Having difficulties with Havana right now so I got tired of losing and have gone back to earlier cities where I didn't play the "missions" to earn coins so it is more amusing to do that than fight with the the Cubans. Currently back in Barcelona trying to collect hats for $1000 so wish me luck S I am going to need lots of coins to buy my way out of Havana!

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
436 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jan 20, 16 11:45 AM
Trav: It can be done-I just finished Havana this weekend. Rio seems pretty easy so far. Hang in there. Keep selling resources, too.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Jan 20, 16 2:10 PM
Well well how nice to be the 'youngest' again , its bin a while (50 in august)
Also have the luxury of time, and loveee spending it on gummydrop!
Thanks to all the players who post their experiences, it prevented me making to much mistakes.
If i'm to young for this thread, please tell me.... Just say it..common....please do!haha

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
612 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 20, 16 8:31 PM
Still staggering in Havana but managed to squeak past the dreaded level 24 but had to buy 2 lots of shovels in the end so now I am almost bankrupt and looking for easy places to make money! Wish I could sell resources more often than 24 hours...

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Jan 23, 16 9:16 AM
I'm also a senior. I think we older folk have more patience and don't mind spending extra time to do a level over and over until we succeed. I also don't mind waiting for resources to ship; it's preferable to spending large numbers of coins to buy the offers put out by the helping hands.

stinky2sex
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by stinky2sex on Jan 23, 16 9:49 AM
Hi All,
I too am in this group. Past the age of know-it-all, and alive to tell it. lol. I question myself as to what keeps me drawn to playing, and, I think it's because I can play it anyway I want. I don't rush, so the game just keeps going.

I do enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out the strategy of each, and minimizing the chances of having to pay out any money. I have the patience to get up & walk away to do something else while it recharges, and have no problem waiting for resources. I spend what I make. Hmmm, sounds like a teaching tool.......or real life.

My biggest disappointment is that BFG doesn't really care about the PC users, only the mobile club, (the younger group). Can't get updates, because I will not go on Facebook! Been there, done that, and don't want to do it again.

I enjoy playing this game without anyone else. I think that's the big difference between the age groups. We don't need an audience, or someone to hold our hands.

So, we are the largest group, yet, we are ignored.
I am proud to be a part of this group. Thanks for starting the conversation rolling.

Bonnie

I may change my tune when I get to Havana!!

Edited on 01/23/2016 at 9:55:55 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
612 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 23, 16 7:34 PM
Yes, the HH I need in Havana costs $700 coins and I thought the daily deal would solve that today with gold rush Sunday but it is in Barcelona and includes level 117 master builder which is totally impossible so I will have to look elsewhere for funds!

[Post New]by Rostieger on Jan 24, 16 9:39 AM
I also am a Senior (though a young senior)..still working so I have a routine to keep those resources going where I want them. Before leaving for work... send resources. When I arrive home send more resources and before bedtime send more ..! Every little bit helps. Am trying to finish Rome using Rome 87 to get the resources I need.

Game is getting very frustrating but still I am hooked so far but have decided I am not spending more real dollars on buying stuff. Great way to develop patience waiting for recharges or the chance to re-spin for extra moves when all you need is one more move to get the required point or resources to complete a level. Sometimes takes me hours to complete just one level but I can find lots of other things to do while I wait for recharges.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
612 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 26, 16 1:04 PM
Got it! Managed to get the 2mil pinks I needed to pass level 30 in Havana without having to spend $700 on the helping hand! Lots of shipping, the occasional speed up for the ships and going back to other cities to make money and selling the resources. Of course now I don't have many pinks but I am planning on doing it all over again. Would have been easier if I could have traded some of those useless travel vouchers for coins or pinks......

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Jan 27, 16 5:29 AM
T-Bird you are sailing thru...! Always thought I'd like to visit Havana ... maybe I'll get there via iOS... Maybe! Wish more seniors would sound off....I know they are out there, both young and old(er)... We're not AARP we're GDRP and I am sadly on GD Retirement Fund LIMITED! Lol...
Rostlieger, Bandit, StinkyS, sanzig, snowm, let's all meet and enjoy a cup of joe!
Helllllooooooo out there....!

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Jan 27, 16 7:32 AM
Trav, the HH at 61-1 wants 300 coins for 2 million pinks. I bit the bullet on the 700 coins (played through the 10 levels for items and the 1000 coin reward) but now am doing what you did: shipping pinks to save spending 300. Almost there.

Love your spirit, Neena! I'd join you for a cuppa joe anytime.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
612 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 27, 16 10:45 AM
Thanks for the heads up Cat, I am shipping pinks flat out! I haven't managed to get a 10 mission for ages there always seems to be a couple of impossible levels that require buying boosts or time? I'm always up for a cuppa but it will have to be a long distance one from here??

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
612 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 28, 16 11:15 PM
I am totally brassed off with the daily lottery ticket! 2 days in a row now the prize was 5 of those stupid travel voucher points :-( it used to be that you could win good amounts of resources or coins but to have those vouchers in there is really hitting the bottom of the barrel. NOT happy.....

Go to: