nypitterpat
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

key for plane in bonus chapter

[Post New]by nypitterpat on Jan 16, 16 9:28 PM
I finished the main game and was all the way through the bonus game, to the point of saving my daughter from the plane. I went to put the key in the airplane door, but the key disappeared. The hint says there is nothing to do in that scene. I can't finish the game without the key. This is very frustrating to be so close and have the game glitch at the very end.
Can anyone help me with this problem?

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:key for plane in bonus chapter

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 16, 16 10:22 PM
There is no answer unfortunately, it's a major glitch. Make sure to post in the tech issues thread so we can get a patch fix. And please also post your OS.

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Jan 16, 16 10:55 PM
Exact same thing happened to ME....although I'm not happy it happened to someone else...at least know I didn't do anything to make it happen

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 17, 16 12:54 AM
Check out page 1 of the Technical Issues thread. Someone there has a possible solution.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jan 17, 16 3:57 PM
I did what beardedfish said to do in the tech issues. When you get to the plane zoom in and talk to daughter. Just encase try the lock on the plane too. Thank you beardedfish. Don't think I would have liked for my key to disappear. Then have to start a whole new game!

[Post New]by Evy709 on Jan 23, 16 5:25 PM
Same thing happened to me. Key disappeared and cannot do anything else. Got out of game and came back and same scenario. Very disappointing!

maugu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by maugu on Jan 23, 16 9:52 PM
Finally figured it out after three goes. Need to have the gears showing when you put the key near the lock.

[Post New]by cthompson20 on Jan 23, 16 11:21 PM
Same thing happened to me. key disappeared,can't finish game. I even had the gears showing but it still happened. Hope they get a patch fix so I can complete game.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Feb 3, 16 12:35 AM
I tried what beardedfish suggested but had no luck. I definitely had 'gears' showing when I put the key near the lock.Then it was announced that there was a update so since there wasn't a update showing on my GM, I uninstalled & re-downloaded the game, played it all the way through & when I got to the point of inserting the key - it disappeared again!!

I have contacted CS to inform them & I urge others to also contact CS. Based on what has happened to me, you'll get a game coupon code & the statement that your request hasn't been read! If you want them to investigate it further you need to reply to that email!

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Feb 6, 16 12:34 PM
Adding to the chorus - this just happened to me, as well. The gears were showing, I picked up the key & clicked it on them, the key disappeared but the plane is still locked. MAJOR glitch, and extremely frustrating.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 7, 16 12:27 PM
Add me to the list of the list of the "DISAPPEARING KEY"

WIN 8.1

Really a nice game, unfortunately I cannot complete the game and access some of the extras.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Feb 8, 16 9:51 AM
Kamana_29 wrote:I tried what beardedfish suggested but had no luck. I definitely had 'gears' showing when I put the key near the lock.Then it was announced that there was a update so since there wasn't a update showing on my GM, I uninstalled & re-downloaded the game, played it all the way through & when I got to the point of inserting the key - it disappeared again!!

I have contacted CS to inform them & I urge others to also contact CS. Based on what has happened to me, you'll get a game coupon code & the statement that your request hasn't been read! If you want them to investigate it further you need to reply to that email!

I sent in a Dr Felix and explanation to CS on this issue. I got a response and a game coupon but mine didn't say anywhere that they didn't read it. Can you PM me with the verbiage on that? (We're not allowed to post that kind of info.) That is just so weird. I have never seen that kind of response before and I am curious. Thx!

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Feb 9, 16 12:28 AM
Bartsister wrote:
Kamana_29 wrote:I tried what beardedfish suggested but had no luck. I definitely had 'gears' showing when I put the key near the lock.Then it was announced that there was a update so since there wasn't a update showing on my GM, I uninstalled & re-downloaded the game, played it all the way through & when I got to the point of inserting the key - it disappeared again!!

I sent in a Dr Felix and explanation to CS on this issue. I got a response and a game coupon but mine didn't say anywhere that they didn't read it. Can you PM me with the verbiage on that? (We're not allowed to post that kind of info.) That is just so weird. I have never seen that kind of response before and I am curious. Thx!

Ok

Kam

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Feb 15, 16 11:29 AM
Same thing here. I had it, finished off Rob, picked it up and it disappeared. Not sure what to do at this point. Ugh!

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Feb 15, 16 5:21 PM
I just got to the same part, the end of the game and my key disappeared. I even did the manual update (as I didn't have an update on my app) and it said there were no updates showing just to be sure I didn't miss anything. This is very, very disappointing that they have not fixed this as of yet. I will have to email them also, but I don't want to play the whole game over again. I am disgusted.

[Post New]by vanhelsing88 on Feb 16, 16 9:58 PM
The only update that I have seen so far was for the Mac and not for the PC. I hope they fix this problem soon. I have played the game twice and both times the key disappears.

[Post New]by solvklokke on Feb 17, 16 2:37 AM
same thing happend to me

lau_less1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by lau_less1 on Feb 18, 16 6:54 PM
How many people have to experience an inferior product for you to Stop Putting Inferior Product out here? Come Big Fish! These problems seems to be all too common these days! Is the mantra, "We don't CARE if it's Ready, Just get this game out there!!!" Because I for one, and by the sounds, I'm NOT the ONLY ONE, Am Darn Tired of not being able to finish games that I have spent a fair amount of money on! PLAY FAIR BIG FISH, WE WANT QUALITY GAMES, NOT COUPON CODES!!!

[Post New]by bendeewendee on Feb 27, 16 6:58 AM
Same thing here. Rob is gone, the gears show up at the cylinder, placed the key and poof, it disappeared. Doesn't Big Fish know that children and pets should not remain locked in vehicles and the like? Seriously, I'm a big buyer of the Collector Editions because I enjoy the extras but this is the 2nd key glitch I've experienced (I can't remember the name of the other game where I had to make a key and it wouldn't work.)

PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH!

Thanks

Re:key for plane in bonus chapter - GOT IT TO WORK

[Post New]by bendeewendee on Feb 27, 16 10:54 AM
Ok so I got it to work. What I did was to restore my game profile to a previous version, in my case that was back to when you first confront Ashley, the professor's daughter. Here's what I did:

Go to C:\USERS\yourfoldername\APPDATA\MAD HEAD GAMES
Right click on the Right of Passage - Heart of the Storm - CE folder
Click on PROPERTIES
Click on the PREVIOUS VERSIONS tab
Click on the most recent version of the folder listed (I only had one from the day before)
Click on RESTORE
This will set you back to wherever your game profile was at that previous moment, as I said, mine was when I first confronted Ashley. When I got to the extra portion again, lo and behold, the key worked. Game completed, extras available.

Hope this helps!

Go to: