lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Disappointing

[Post New]by lynwil on Nov 27, 09 1:19 AM
Sorry but I'm not impressed - I loved the original Fishdom and even Fishdom H2O but this is as disappointing as Spooky. I got through to be able to buy a new tank and it's the same background - how boring is that? I, for one, won't be buying another Fishdom unless I can have some variety as in the original.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

Re:Disappointing

[Post New]by kishimojun on Nov 27, 09 1:26 AM
I am so totally with you on that. idk what happened with these last two but I'm not interested unless there are more backgrounds.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Disappointing

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 27, 09 2:15 AM
lynwil wrote:I got through to be able to buy a new tank and it's the same background - how boring is that?

? That's weird because when I looked at the Select Tank interface it showed a different tank available for when I had enough money. First one looked kind of like a fishing shack and I think the next one had a big snowman background.

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Nov 27, 09 4:47 AM
It looked that way too for the spooky version of Fishdom, but then there wasn't any other tanks to chose from. I too was hoping this one would be the same as the original Fishdom with different tanks and different decorations. Knowing that there won't be now I am sure I won't buy it. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Nov 27, 09 5:57 AM
To me this is nothing more than spooky splash with a new wig. The square tiles are still small and the sounds are just annoying. They ask for our feedback, and then keep it the way we don't like it. If you want my money, make fishdom the way the original one was made, don't fix something that isn't broke.

Katt8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Katt8 on Nov 27, 09 7:53 AM
Thanks everyone for letting me know. I was hoping like everyone that this one was not like the spooky one, but I guess it is. I have the Original Fishdom and Fishdom H2O. I am embarassed to say I bought the Spooky version and didn't like it. I WILL NOT BUY THIS ONE.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 27, 09 8:05 AM
NOW, I am confused??

POODLE, says that they have different tanks. Others are saying tis the same as Spooky?

i guess I'll Demo and see which is right

Be BK Later
THX
PEN

onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by onemeg on Nov 27, 09 11:34 AM
Are there different tanks? I'd like to know this as well. Lack of different tanks is the reason I didn't buy Spooky. Seems kind of dumb on the dev's part, just two more pictures and look at all the extra sales they'd have.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Nov 27, 09 12:22 PM
It's all the same tank. I got a bronze cup in the demo which allowed me to view the other tank choices (even though I didn't have the $2,000 to buy one), and it's still the snowman by the little shack for every one.

I might still consider purchasing this if not for the fact that I consider that tank already decorated. It's got a snowman, a little house, a decorated Christmas tree, decorative lights, plus all of the comfort items that are large and required to buy. It's not like Fishdom, where you got to create your own tank (except for the background). Apparently, the creators are unable to duplicate their success with the original Fishdom. The only thing I like is the new relaxed mode, but I'd trade that to have more creativity with my tanks.

Edited on 11/27/2009 at 12:24:08 PM PST

onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by onemeg on Nov 27, 09 1:02 PM
Ah that really stinks :/ Thanks for the info though.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Nov 27, 09 3:43 PM
dlb628 wrote:It's all the same tank. I got a bronze cup in the demo which allowed me to view the other tank choices (even though I didn't have the $2,000 to buy one), and it's still the snowman by the little shack for every one.

I might still consider purchasing this if not for the fact that I consider that tank already decorated. It's got a snowman, a little house, a decorated Christmas tree, decorative lights, plus all of the comfort items that are large and required to buy. It's not like Fishdom, where you got to create your own tank (except for the background). Apparently, the creators are unable to duplicate their success with the original Fishdom. The only thing I like is the new relaxed mode, but I'd trade that to have more creativity with my tanks.

ack! That is a pity....and I was so SURE I was buying this?!?!?!

hmmm still top of the wishlist though....

Protea
Manatee
Manatee
4,001 Posts

[Post New]by Protea on Nov 28, 09 3:36 AM
I love any "fishdom"....I do like the graphics in this one and the M3 blocks seem a lot smaller, I use these games to drone me off into sleep mode to get to bed. One thing I don't like, with spooky and this one is that the area to put all your ornament in is way too small.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Nov 28, 09 5:53 AM
I'm glad I read the reviews. I was so disappointed in the last one I swore not to buy another but was looking at this one. Thank goodness for the reviews. All I need is another match 3 game that either won't progress or is so dead flat boring steam comes out my ears.

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Nov 28, 09 8:00 AM
The only real plus of this version, I think, is the relaxed mode and not having to deal with the timer. The graphics are of course very cute, but having no different tanks and themes really makes it a dud for me. I am hoping that the creators of this game will read these reviews and bring us a new Fishdom with different tanks and themes to choose from. I know I for one would be one of the first in line to buy it!

[Post New]by develish1 on Jan 5, 10 9:17 AM
I'm so glad I read all this.

I have the original and still love it, so I bought spooky without really looking at it first, assuming it would be the same, with several tank designs etc. Boy was I disappointed, so much so I got totally bored and will probably never go back to it, even though I still play the original one.

Now I know that frosty is the same deal with just one tank design etc I certainly won't be buying it, so thanks for the heads up.

[Post New]by Butterflykoidan on Apr 16, 10 3:05 AM
I totally agree. I too bought Frosty without really checking it. I have H20 and Frosty.
Fish are cool i suppose but no different tank desingns and decorations is very annoying. I only really play H20 since there are different tanks , decorations and fish.
I was thinking of buying spooky, but thanks for the post wont now

Go to: