Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Wild West Chase here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 19, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/19/2016 at 6:03:43 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Wild West Chase here.

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 19, 16 1:17 AM
This game must have been found in the vaults of the last Millennium!

My gripe is that I can't mute or lower the the sound on my keyboard, only in game options. So when the phone rings, I'm having to leave the room as can't talk over the game noise.

There's too much dialogue, and there's no voice overs just white boxes that pop up.

A combination of HOGs and M3 games. If you over click in the HOGs a cowboy pops onto the screen to tell you off, and lingers for a few seconds.

There's a shop where you can buy power-ups with dosh you've collected in the M3 games.

It's ok for a rainy day, but I was bored after 20 minutes.

Turned music and sounds off as both drove me to the brink of insanity...

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 19, 16 4:57 AM
This one was dragged out of the vault !! Nothing new about it.

Very boring and repetitive. WAY too much dialogue and unnecessary background noise.

I bought this years ago and never finished it because I think I slipped into a coma 30 minutes into it.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 19, 16 6:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Wild West Chase here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Wild West Chase.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jan 19, 16 6:07 AM
This is a chain-type Match 3 game, integrated with some simple hidden object scenes, published in September, 2015.

It is a first game effort by a new developer, hence the 'humorous' Western dialog and theme.

The Match 3 play, as stated above, is chain-type and the number of moves are limited to complete the board. Power-ups are available to purchase and the power ups are of the one use variety and must be repurchased. It's possible they refill on larger boards, but I did not play past 20 levels, as chain-type match 3's aren't my favorites - I'm a swap-type Match 3 person.

However, if you like chain-type Match 3's, I think you will like this game. The Western dialog is a bit corny, but as I said, it is a first attempt; however, the Match 3 gameplay is decent and worthy of a demo. I just turned the sound all the way down in the options.

Edited on 01/19/2016 at 6:23:06 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 19, 16 8:52 AM
Cute little game I considered buying as a diversion. Unfortunately, the click penalty and the move limit made it a no buy for me. If there had been a way to shut them off, It would have been passable. It's a no buy for me

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 19, 16 12:58 PM
I am a HUGE M3 fan, and need a new M3 game to play, sorry to say this is not my type, I am also a swap fan, so this one is a pass .

I'll keep checking and hoping, for that M3 game, that I can really get into .

[Post New]by TateCollins on Jan 19, 16 3:58 PM

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 2:38:20 PM PST

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Jan 20, 16 7:24 AM

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 2:37:56 PM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Jan 20, 16 11:29 AM
Ok guys, no need to be so harsh....but yes, I must admit...V. boring and total rubbish
Perhaps a proper M3 would have worked better than a chain M3...IMHO?

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 20, 16 3:03 PM
It was kind of boring, but I didn't hate it. The upgrades seemed kinda dumb.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 21, 16 2:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team appreciates people taking the time to post their reviews about this game. However, please make sure to keep the Forum Rules in mind while posting. Specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

By keeping the posts respectful, we can make sure the forums are a fun place for everyone here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Feb 11, 16 6:20 PM
I loved this game. I gave it a 5 star review. If I understand correctly, Wild West Chase was released in the fall of 2015, so it isn't old or "pulled out of a vault".

It is not perfect but what game is? I am a big fan of the American West culture so this game was very appealing for this reason. Also, I've never played a Match 3 game that worked the way this game does. Drawing a line through connected tiles to eliminate them from the board is so much more fun than switching tiles. The challenge is to work backward until you can make the longest chain possible.

The developers are in Germany so that can explain some of the problems with the dialog, something that is easily fixed the next time around. The amount of dialog did not bother me as I like stories about the American West. Let's give this developer some positive reinforcement and constructive feedback and see how much better they can get.

I would not say it is really a hard game, as the HOS are pretty straight forward and the objects are big and not too hard to find. The power ups really help improve play and I made plenty of money in the game to be able to upgrade all the power ups to their maximum. When I first started playing, the tomahawk power up that was described as clearing a row and column at the same time only cleared a row at a time. At first I thought this was an issue with the game, but when I upgraded this power up, then it started working as described, clearing a row and column at the same time.

The other power ups are the same as it relates to upgrading. For instance, the area and number of tiles the bomb affects increases as it is upgraded. By the time I found out about how the upgrades worked, I had plenty of money to purchase all the upgrades, which made the game play mush easier.

As for the person who complained that they couldn't adjust the sound during the game, this is similar to what I want to do when I am playing and need to do something else on the computer. I just go to the options and unclick the full screen box. That way the game minimizes on my computer, but does not close, so I can do email or whatever until I'm ready to play again. Then I just go back into the options menu and click to activate full screen and I'm back to right where I left off. I would think the sound would work the same way. And if that is too much trouble, wouldn't he be able to click on his task bar to mute the computer sound just as, or more, easily?

IMHO this is a great game. Maureen

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Mar 29, 16 9:49 PM
I like the corny dialog -- its definitely different.

And though I like the regular match-3 (swap) methods in other games, this one is definitely challenging, you not only have to think about your current moves but in cases several ahead as you don't have the bonus of drop matches happening.

Good game.

Go to: