muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

Collecting Building Supplies

[Post New]by muttmom on Jan 19, 16 9:54 AM
Playing these same mini games for supplies sure gets boring. Do you keep playing the games or do u eventually buy some supplies?

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Collecting Building Supplies

[Post New]by SaphireH on Jan 19, 16 10:23 AM
It's up to the individual person. Depends on just how bored you get

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 19, 16 10:33 AM
muttmom wrote:Playing these same mini games for supplies sure gets boring. Do you keep playing the games or do u eventually buy some supplies?

Saphire is right. Its up to the person. Personally I worked to get the gold to buy up all of Fatimas construction items(or as many as I could ). Worked my self nuts during the Valentines and Spring events to get a slew of gold for those things. Some folks have more stamina than others and I for one have no patience for busy work. That IEI-ing can drive a person batty. Ughh and just when one thinks one is done up pops Fatima wanting screws again. That bit there made more people drop the game than Teodi I think. Then to top it all off you have to wait days, days and more days for the Pirate theme. Ughh!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 19, 16 11:57 AM
Bluex wrote:
muttmom wrote:Playing these same mini games for supplies sure gets boring. Do you keep playing the games or do u eventually buy some supplies?

Saphire is right. Its up to the person. Personally I worked to get the gold to buy up all of Fatimas construction items(or as many as I could ). Worked my self nuts during the Valentines and Spring events to get a slew of gold for those things. Some folks have more stamina than others and I for one have no patience for busy work. That IEI-ing can drive a person batty. Ughh and just when one thinks one is done up pops Fatima wanting screws again. That bit there made more people drop the game than Teodi I think. Then to top it all off you have to wait days, days and more days for the Pirate theme. Ughh!

When you think about it, most of the game is busy work. Those of us who did the hyper restart tend to forget all the repetitive work of playing the same hidden object scenes and mini games over and over and over to get the coins and building supplies needed for those early quests. And playing the same cities over and over and over to level up to unlock new cities, mini games, and change the price of décor items from gold bars to coins.

There was plenty of busy work long before we had to build the museum. I think the IEIing gets to people more because by that point, we all know that there's nothing more to come. There's no real payoff for completing the museum, no wondering what finishing it will trigger.

Jake1999
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Jake1999 on Jan 19, 16 5:01 PM
I made it a habit, for a while, to keep playing Italy over and over while I was talking on the phone. I think I could do it in my sleep. After the phone call was over, I'd put DaVinci's flying machine together over and over again and end up with a large cache of gold and aviation fuel. It built up fast when I did that. When Pirate Day came, I had over 800 aviation fuels. Otherwise, I never would have been able to do it that many times.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jan 20, 16 6:47 AM
Jake1999-Congrats on collecting all that fuel! Great strategy. Sure hope you were using that SKIP button after the first time putting the flying machine together. Personally I like TiramaSue's strategy of III-EEE-III-ing with a keepsake as a timer, which I'll have to eventually get back to closer to Pirate's Day...ugh!

Go to: