GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

Problem with the 'helping a friend' feature

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jan 20, 16 5:49 PM
I have a problem with the way the 'helping a friend' feature currently works. I often help random strangers with their megaphone requests and have done so since I started playing the game. Unfortunately, since we are only given 5 spots in the 'I helped' section, right now mine is filled with unacknowledged help from people who have clearly stopped playing the game and abandoned their islands.

Why is this a problem? Because any new person I help doesn't show up on that list because it's blocked with these abandoned islands and my game waiting on their users to send me thank you letters. As it stands now, I have been waiting over 8 days for these 5 people to respond. All of them have stayed at the same low level they were at when I originally sent my help so I doubt those thank you letters are ever going to come.

I would love it if either after 24-48 hours a help request could time out and a thank you letter would automatically be sent to the helper OR if there was an option available to cancel the help we sent if we don't get a thank you letter within a set amount of time (the same 24-48 hour window suggested before). It's really unreasonable for that feature of my game, which I have enjoyed immensely up until the current blockage, to now be held hostage by people who have decided to no longer play anymore.

Even if these people do miraculously end up sending thank you notes this whole experience has made me very reluctant to help anyone I don't know personally with their help requests in the future. I doubt that's what Big Fish really wants especially when most players new to the game are so dependent on strangers fulfilling their help requests when they're just starting out.

Please fix this problem Big Fish so that long time players who are trying to be helpful are protected against their game being hijacked from the inaction of people who decide to quit or take a break from playing. Thanks!

Re:Problem with the 'helping a friend' feature

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Jan 20, 16 6:04 PM
I have the same problem with followers. I have quite a lot but only see a few and those people aren't playing. So how do I get them off my list so I can see other people that are playing? GameLvr30 has a valid question that I have been wondering too. Please biggish fix both. Let us Beable to have followers and pleople we helped be deleted so we can see new ones that are playing. Thank you.

Gin023
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gin023 on Jan 21, 16 12:03 PM
I completely agree!! I have so many exclamation points on my list from people who haven't sent a thank you, that I've stopped checking to see if it's actually my friends/followers who need the help. I have a person who abandoned their game 5 months ago. 5! Still no thank you- still a big exclamation point waving at me. Lol!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jan 22, 16 3:47 PM
Do Mods not check this forum? I'm not the only person that is being affected by this problem so a response and some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Gin023
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gin023 on Jan 23, 16 4:23 PM
The mods have been noticeably quiet lately...

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jan 24, 16 1:59 AM
Man, do I miss the "good old days" of Big Fish.

Go to: