apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by apollogold on Jan 20, 16 8:27 PM
I opened my game today and noticed a new up-date. Luckily, I backed out and came to the forum first, to check it out. I'm happy to say that I'm glad that I did. From what I am reading about it.... you have caused an UPROAR... to state it mildly.

Not receiving any Inventory Items from doing an HOS (instead you're receiving coins and shards) is definitely not the way to go. Those of us who having been playing this game since its inception have stayed through the rough spots... The Level 18 Lockout and the Bow Figurine Fiasco... but this last up-date may be what broke the camel's back. I can understand trying to slow some of us down ( and many of us have griped about wanting new up-dates, myself included), but this up-date is just not fair to those of us who have stayed. We like to be able to GIFT our friends! The way this game is going now... that is impossible. If we can't get an Inventory Item, but once in a Blue Moon, then we can't build our Inventory to Gift. And for most of us, That's the FUN in the game!

Instead of giving us an up-date that actually lets us level up... like the one you gave us last January which took us from Level 53 to Level 59... you have been giving us tidbits and most of those have been Special Events. Now, you give us more quests that eat our inventory, but no decent leveling up. Your new Achievements are just about impossible to make, Leveling up is now non-existent. Please, listen to your players... after this fiasco... you're losing players left and right. If this is what you want and are trying to close this game, then either give us some closure or, at least tell us, then we can go on to something else instead of just hanging around... hoping for an up-date that lets us move for about 6 Levels.

Again... Listen to your Players! Thank You.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 1:24:29 AM PST

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,930 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 20, 16 8:30 PM
---- where's the clapping hands emoticon?

Well said, apollo.........we can only hope SOMEONE will listen!!!

Edited note: When the General, gohill, fudgechi and other long time players are ready to throw in the towel and go on to other things in life, that says a lot about this update.

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 8:31:46 PM PST

Rahia
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,474 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jan 20, 16 8:37 PM
Couldn't have said it better, apollo!

What were you thinking, Devs? I know you want to slow us down but this isn't they way.

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,814 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 20, 16 8:40 PM
I echo everything Apollo said. Obtaining necessary items from the HOS is already too difficult, & to further impede that by diluting the payout with less needed items is completely contradictory to reason. And completely infuriating. I will refuse this update as long as I can. When it is forced on me, & I may be forced to quit, along with most of my friends.

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
806 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Jan 20, 16 8:48 PM
Well said Apollo

I have been playing about a year and this has got to be the worst update I have ever seen. Guess it is time to pack up and leave this game.

Cindy/polestar hunter

KayteCat
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Jan 20, 16 8:59 PM
So glad I don't have the update yet. That would be the last straw... Trying to build inventory, and the only thing that keeps me going is that I can get an inventory item each HOS.

Then I have the choice... I can disenchant it, I can sell it, I can gift it, or I can keep it and use it. So we already have the option of selling and disenchanting the items... we don't need that forced on us.

Please roll back this supremely bad idea.

Minerva

pandora7777
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by pandora7777 on Jan 20, 16 9:58 PM
Well said Apollo!

I absolutely agree. This is the worst idea/insult so far. Like many, I have been here from the get go have accepted a certain amount of ebb & flow with this game. After all there are many things we love about it. Many changes were ones I thought took away from the game (looking at you Trina ), but I stuck with it and perserved even as I watched so many good, long time friends throw in the towel because they couldn't take it anymore.

This new HOS change is a deal-breaker, which will cause a mass exodus of faithful, money spending players. I sincerely hope the devs reconsider before MC is RIP.

Pandora

Dinah6
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by Dinah6 on Jan 20, 16 10:08 PM
Well said Apollo

What we all liked in this game from the start was that it was a Hidden Objects Game that was all about the HOS. In fact, that is what made it unique and got it the following that it has today. Lately, the game has become all about silly quests for greedy Trina, chasing stupid butterflies for shards, and different ways to empty our inventories.

Please devs, go back to what this game was supposed to be. A free-to-play HOS game! Not a game full of convoluted treasure hunts through multiple ZZs and all the rest of the nonsense of the past 6 months.

AnnaDownes01
Catfish
Catfish
1,737 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jan 21, 16 12:06 AM
I'm with you Apollo,

We have been friends since the beginning and I remember the Bad Old Days you speak of, when all that kept us going was the social side of the game, giving friends what was needed, knowing it would be returned when we needed it.

Some of us have formed friendships outside of the game and we have made friends from all over the world.

DEVS PLEASE DO NOT DESTROY THAT ASPECT OF THE GAME.

We love this game and our friends otherwise we would have left long ago. There are very few of us left from the beginning, proving we are stayers.

Don't force us to leave too by making the game unplayable.

Trixie

TwoTonFury
Clownfish
Clownfish
922 Posts

[Post New]by TwoTonFury on Jan 21, 16 12:19 AM
OK- I must be one of the lucky ones because the coins and shards aren't dropping any more frequent than the regular HOS items. But, I have noticed that the pink gift boxes are dropping more.

I have completed enough of the "special" requests to get all of my new pets and the food they eat is also dropping from the HOS. I have gotten "blue" chests from them with about 10-12 items in each--mostly airship items, diamonds, coins and pet medallions.

After reaching level 69 and getting all the pets, my inventory is about the same as when I started the update and my coins and shards had increased.

I have also noticed that you can sometimes piggy-back the Daily Quests, Trina's Quests and the "Special" Quests so you can do an HOS or ZZ once and it will count on all three. Which makes it nice for the ZZs.

I have not come across any requests for the airship, dice, WOF or feeding pets in the "Special" Quests but I did have one that asked for coins--just can't remember how many--was going too fast.

Yes--I agree that the "Special" Quests are intimidating when they ask for inventory items, especially for those at lower levels and those who don't have a sizeable stash. But a lot of the quests that send you to HOSs will give you the items you will need for a later quest.

So before you all run off to bigger and better things--all I ask is that if you are going to quit--and you have me in your friend's list--at least annotate your intentions on your avatar or delete me so I don't keep gifting you.

It really makes me sad to see so many disgruntled players.

TT

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
828 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Jan 21, 16 1:01 AM
I'm very glad I came to the forum before opening my game. Hos not giving the HOS items that are so needed? I'm at level 30, and find it hard already to obtain the items needed for quests. The game goes slow, and this 'update' (it rather sounds like a 'downdate') will make it worse. I hope that this will be changed, or that it will turn out to be an error. I'm sorry for everyone that did do the 'update'....
Lenore at the Castle

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 1:01:59 AM PST

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Jan 21, 16 1:23 AM
TT... you must be one of the lucky few who are still receiving Items from the HOS's. And I'm happy to see someone getting the items, but from what I'm reading here, about 95 % of the players are not receiving them. Although I did not up-date and am still able to gather inventory, I feel for the other players. Right now, I have NO Banners of Loyalty or Polestars and if I hadn't opted to read the forum first, to see how the up-date was, I would probably be in the same boat, as everyone else at the moment... and I would have been one ticked off puppy! Me... I'm going to stay right where I am until something is done to rectify this Major Error on the DEVS part. As I stated... the game is no longer FUN for most players. The DEVS have basically ruined the game for nearly all of us... those that have up-dated and also those of us who haven't... because I am bored out of my mind, but if that's what it takes to get my inventory built up... then I'll continue to be bored.... that's my option.

I basically started this thread (with the ATTENTION DEVS) because there were so many different threads out there about this up-date, that I thought they just might get ignored by BFG. At least, this way... it may catch their eye. I hope so anyway.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Jan 21, 16 1:27 AM
Basically agreeing with what everyone is saying. I'm Level 41 have been playing every day for the last ten or so months, and this update has really put me off. I don't want coins and shards - I want inventory items that I can put toward later quests, gift to others, or disenchant/sell when I need either shards or coins. If you were going to do this, devs, you could have at least made the Daily Quests that have ZZ quests (usually 3 at a time! and I never have a hope of having enough items to do them) have the find path so that we could at least get the items we need for those as well. As it is, I now have absolutely no hope of ever getting the Daily Quests achievements because I will NEVER have enough ZZ items to do the quests.
It's a fine line with free-to-play just how slow and hard you make the progress. Pre-Trina I would have said that you had a good balance.
Now, it's basically gone too far and I reallly hope you reconsider this horrible update, because I've gone from a game that I loved yesterday and made time to play, to one that I've gone into for about five minutes today and half-heartedly made progress on a quest. It's depressing.

P.S. Also, I just followed a path for a main quest and the item I needed didn't drop. Is that some sort of bug or have they also broken some of the find paths on main quests? (I didn't have any other quests open or slots to fill out of that HOS so the item I needed should have definitely dropped)

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 1:55:29 AM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jan 21, 16 6:11 AM
Hey TT! Can I have your game? You must be in the 1 percent, or whatever it's called. Lucky you, my friend!

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,061 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jan 21, 16 6:24 AM
TwoTonFury wrote:
I have completed enough of the "special" requests to get all of my new pets and the food they eat is also dropping from the HOS.

I wonder if, after getting all of the new pets, the HOS will give items more often than coins or shards...

Fishkins
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Fishkins on Jan 21, 16 6:27 AM
Well said all!

I thought doing endless rounds of HO's was mind deadening but at least I was getting items while waiting for timers to run down elsewhere.

With the stockpile of inventory the gridlocks at the Zoom Zones were made more manageable and even encouraged me to spend 3 diamonds to move on.

Yes, I periodically buy diamonds since they are next to impossible to acquire.

No, I'm not going to buy even more diamonds to compensate for this travesty.

Time to take a walk.

TwoTonFury
Clownfish
Clownfish
922 Posts

[Post New]by TwoTonFury on Jan 21, 16 6:29 AM
Apollo-- I do appreciate you trying to "corral" all the gripes in one thread--but as you can see--the forum is still flooded with negative posts. I guess others think that they won't be heard if they add to your thread.

Hey NoFishToday--I'd be more than happy to give you my game. I'm beginning to believe the Wise Saying "The more you have--the more you will get". What ever happened to those who spoke of a "safety" net? Was their advice "Do as I say--not as I do?"

I'll shut up now and wave my "Wand" hoping it brings luck to everyone.

TT

Fabrette
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Fabrette on Jan 21, 16 6:42 AM
Totally agree with everything you said Apollo et al. I played this game from the off but uninstalled for a good year or more when I didn't have the stamina in the early days- but I've been playing a wee while now to get to level 68. I have to say I did enjoy getting the gifts at Xmas-once I bit the bullet and paid Trina so I could open up the Xmas Room!! (I'm too stubborn for my own good!) and was looking forward to the update but these ZZs that lead to a ZZ that lead to a ZZ that wants multiple HOS items really ticks me off and is making the game a chore after the euphoria of getting all those pressies.

Sigh- off to get my eyebrows waxed to cheer myself up....

angwuerth
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by angwuerth on Jan 21, 16 7:01 AM

[Post New]by TwoTonFury on Jan 21, 16 12:19 AM

OK- I must be one of the lucky ones because the coins and shards aren't dropping any more frequent than the regular HOS items. But, I have noticed that the pink gift boxes are dropping more.

I have completed enough of the "special" requests to get all of my new pets and the food they eat is also dropping from the HOS. I have gotten "blue" chests from them with about 10-12 items in each--mostly airship items, diamonds, coins and pet medallions.

After reaching level 69 and getting all the pets, my inventory is about the same as when I started the update and my coins and shards had increased.

I have also noticed that you can sometimes piggy-back the Daily Quests, Trina's Quests and the "Special" Quests so you can do an HOS or ZZ once and it will count on all three. Which makes it nice for the ZZs.

I have not come across any requests for the airship, dice, WOF or feeding pets in the "Special" Quests but I did have one that asked for coins--just can't remember how many--was going too fast.

Yes--I agree that the "Special" Quests are intimidating when they ask for inventory items, especially for those at lower levels and those who don't have a sizeable stash. But a lot of the quests that send you to HOSs will give you the items you will need for a later quest.

So before you all run off to bigger and better things--all I ask is that if you are going to quit--and you have me in your friend's list--at least annotate your intentions on your avatar or delete me so I don't keep gifting you.

It really makes me sad to see so many disgruntled players.

TT

I was going to post a reply - but you saved me the trouble. I spent the last 2 hours playing & found it to be exactly as you said. I love the piggy-backing of Trina's - DQ & special quests. I'm impressed that you got all the pets - got my first one this morning & looking forward to getting the rest. - - . Thanks for saying it for me.

Rahia
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,474 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jan 21, 16 7:10 AM
After sleeping on it and playing several hours this morning, I had a thought. Since Android and iOS hasn't received the update yet, was this a test? Did they not have the bugs worked out and thought we (PC players) who have played the longest (I think) could test it out. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt because I'm really hoping that this isn't what Midnight Castle is turning in to.

I've looked at the usual updating and it seemed that PC and Android got it first. A few days to a week later iOS got it. So the day passes and only PC players have the update. Anyway, I'm just trying to see a light at the end of a really dark tunnel.

I played this morning and noticed I was getting item drops. They were few but I was still getting them. I even had several things that I needed drop. Now I will say that all but the newest items added over 50 for my HOS items. When I started most were 60ish to 110, so I was in a good place. The lowest now which is 55 was at 65 when I started the update. My Murder's Eye, Polestars and such have taken a major hit but are still above 70. It can be done but it is a pain.

Devs, if you wanted to add more coins to the HOS why not add the extra 15 to coin drop already in place. If you wanted to add shards why not add them as an extra (like the food, stamps and gift boxes). I know this isn't ideal but it would stop a lot of the complaining. I love doing the merry go round because at least I know I was getting an item. I could then sell it, disenchant it or gift it depending on my needs or wants. I'll admit I am a hoarder but I hoard for good reason. If I didn't hoard I wouldn't be able to still send out Spring, Halloween or Christmas items. I could have easily disenchanted those things but the greatest aspect of this game is gifting. I've made so many great, no outstanding, friends because of this aspect alone! I played close to 2 months with only Just John as my friend and was glad when I stumbled across this forum and the friends thread. I've also had friends leave but there is always someone new just around the corner. I say new but most of my friends are long time players, they are just new to me. If you (Devs) cut out the way we can gift people easily what is the point? I don't mind the helping of lower level players but let's be honest cutting out the drop rate of an HOS item isn't it.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to turn in to an essay! I'll go sit in a corner now.

Go to: