bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fantastic Farm comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 28, 09 1:09 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Fantastic Farm comments and reviews

[Post New]by patnsky on Nov 28, 09 2:08 AM
I tested this game in Beta and could hardly wait for it to become available so I could buy it. One of my favorite TM games. Love that I can play both Relax mode and Time mode. Cute story and graphics. Thanks BF

Protea
Manatee
Manatee
4,001 Posts

[Post New]by Protea on Nov 28, 09 3:29 AM
Thanks patnsky for info on the "modes"....It looks a good game but I can't handle these dash type games...twizzels my head in lol....

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Nov 28, 09 3:32 AM
this is the first time that i must say that i like this tmgame the first one that i could fo lol i think i might just buy this one lol besstan

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 28, 09 4:07 AM
I really love this game! I couldn`t wait for the release on Bigfish and have tested it already on Tuesday on the developer`s site. Its awesome. It includes (taken from the delevopers site):

- over 150 levels
- four different game modes (relaxed!!, free, normal, experience)
(the developers site says five, but I couldnt only see four modes)
- earn trophies for achievements
- 6 different plants, 4 animals and 3 machines
- enchant items with your magic cauldron

The game is similar to Ranch Rush, which is one of my favourite tm-games. I have bought Fantastic Farm this morning. Great game, great price. Well done, ! /

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 28, 09 4:28 AM
I was wondering how many levels as it looked like I was over half way through as there was not many more things to purchase and my farm was getting crowded as is.
If there are 150 levels, I wonder if that is spread across the 5 different modes, so 25 actual levels?

I only played relaxed mode and did enjoy it.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Nov 28, 09 5:19 AM
I love it...I love it...I love it!!! Ranch Rush was ok, but the timer stressed me out. I love the fact that there is a relaxed mode! I can design my farm the way I want and do the activities without the stress of a timer. Some day, if I feel like it, I'll play the timed mode, but right now, I'm having a blast in the untimed mode.

Rating:

[Post New]by Kristanix on Nov 28, 09 7:21 AM
Hi! Thank you all so much for your kind words!

I am one of the developers of this game, and I just wanted to clarify the question some of you had about the levels.

The game that you get on Big Fish contains 114 levels spread across the three main modes (Relaxed, Normal, Expert). In addition, when you complete the game, you get a Free-Farm mode where you can run your farm freely, without having to do any orders or levels.

Since we are offering the game on our own website too, and since that version is more expensive, you get a little more content. One is an extra game mode with 38 more levels, so 152 levels in total. Other than that, the games are completely identical.

Hope this helps. Thanks again

Best regards,
Vidar

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Nov 28, 09 7:31 AM
THANK YOU Vidar! So refreshing tohear. I appreciate these forums so much. Will probably buy this game based on your comments and those of other fishies.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Nov 28, 09 7:32 AM
Does anyone know how to dig up dead plants? I couldn't find a way except by deleting the soil.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Nov 28, 09 8:05 AM
Linda, you don't dig them up, you plant seeds on top of them. The seeds are over on the right. Click the "seed" button to see what seeds you have and just click on the one you want to plant, then click on the place where you want it, including on the dead plants.

You do run out of them and have to buy more now and then!

Edited on 11/28/2009 at 8:31:53 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 28, 09 8:15 AM
Kristanix wrote:Hi! Thank you all so much for your kind words!

I am one of the developers of this game, and I just wanted to clarify the question some of you had about the levels.

The game that you get on Big Fish contains 114 levels spread across the three main modes (Relaxed, Normal, Expert). In addition, when you complete the game, you get a Free-Farm mode where you can run your farm freely, without having to do any orders or levels.

Since we are offering the game on our own website too, and since that version is more expensive, you get a little more content. One is an extra game mode with 38 more levels, so 152 levels in total. Other than that, the games are completely identical.

Hope this helps. Thanks again

Best regards,
Vidar

Hi Vldar
Thank you for clarifying about the levels

Edited on 11/28/2009 at 8:16:21 AM PST

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Nov 28, 09 8:53 AM
Thank you Ajuma. That never occurred to me. Because there was a spade, I tried to dig them up as that seemed logical.

dagai
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by dagai on Nov 28, 09 9:24 AM
cute game can someone tell me how to use the broom when i purchased it the game paused it does not show up anywhere when i tried to shoo away rodent nothing happened so i purchased again same thing happened game paused

aljensal
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by aljensal on Nov 28, 09 9:39 AM
I just placed my broom on the farm

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Nov 28, 09 11:04 AM
dagai wrote:cute game can someone tell me how to use the broom when i purchased it the game paused it does not show up anywhere when i tried to shoo away rodent nothing happened so i purchased again same thing happened game paused

After you purchase the broom, you then place it somewhere. After placing it, you then click on it, you will see the check mark. Then click on the rodent.

Hope this helps.

I also Beta tested this game this week and loved it. There were a couple of things that I wanted them to "check" and it seems like they did.

Good job. Looking forward to continued play.

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on Nov 28, 09 3:44 PM
The only negative I have is how close it is to Ranch Rush, my favourite game of all time through BigFishGames. It's the same game with a few variations.
But, on the positive side, it is still a lot of fun, runs smoothly.
If we have bought the BigFish version, can we pay a smaller upgrade fee to get the full 'site' version?

bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bechaupt on Nov 28, 09 6:06 PM
I also have enjoyed the game. I have been through once in normal mode and have played the free mode to the point where i have the third best farm. I do not think it is as good as ranch rush and is far inferior to farm craft because it is smaller in scope (the farm is literally smaller and there are fewer items to buy and produce). Also it is not as challenging, i have not played the expert level yet but I went through normal mode without even coming close to not making a level and I never used a spell as I never needed to. The free mode is fun but if you have the freedom to choose that the timed mode should be a challenge. Or introduce a heirachy of goal that so many games have so you can choose to just get buy or aim the get the gold medal (or whatever it might be). I am not dissapointed that I bought it, just that it was not an improvement compared to other older games.

Mccaphrey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Mccaphrey on Nov 28, 09 7:29 PM
When I click on objects, ie. to pick up something, drop it off at the barn, etc., sometimes the check mark does not appear. I don't notice because I am planning moves ahead and clicking more. It seems like I really have to concentrate to click in the right place. I did not have this problem with Ranch Rush. I also feel like the mouse is moving slowly. Consequently, I don't like this game as much as I wish I did. I'm hesitant to buy it. Anyone else having this problem? Please advise.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Nov 28, 09 7:53 PM
How do you feed the cat? I keep trying to give him milk but its not working.

Go to: