Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Puppet Show: The face of Humanity Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 21, 16 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 6:35:52 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Puppet Show: The face of Humanity Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by seatraveler on Jan 21, 16 1:25 AM
Game crashes when putting the wing on the bird on the mailbox in the first scene after stepping out of the coach. OS: Windows 7

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Puppet Show: The face of Humanity Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by will804 on Jan 21, 16 3:02 AM
Cant get game to load on Windows 10. Message comes up saying access violation error 0x0317oDSo

michal95
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by michal95 on Jan 21, 16 6:18 AM
It freezes up when I try to go back to the Mayor's ofc. I had to close and reopen game. Have run into several glitches and when you are at the Mayor's ofc. window it won't let you pick up the coin there so you can't buy the tea. Not going to buy this game until the glitches are worked out. It's unfortunate because I really like this game. Running on PC with Windows 10.

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 6:18:46 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 21, 16 6:36 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Jan 21, 16 6:37 AM
I have a problem when I try to leave the wall where the two puppet soldiers are. Even when I go to the map I can't move off the wall.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 21, 16 6:41 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues when trying to play this game.

If you are experiencing freezing or crashing issues, please see the following help article for hints:

will804, the following help article is specific to the error message you are seeing. Please click on the link below for hints to resolve this error message.

Access Violation

If you find that you are still having issues, our Technical Support Team can definitely help look into this for you. Please provide them a Dr. Felix Report so that they can provide a specific troubleshooting step for your system.

bfgBellerophon

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jan 21, 16 9:26 AM
I've just been given the map, and now i can move the cursor around, but nothing happens when i click anything on at all within the game. Menu still works.
Will exit and try again. Grrr.

PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Jan 21, 16 10:11 AM
I can't take the last gear in the gear hop I've shut down the game and restarted it but that doesn't work.NVM after exiting the hop and going back to it I was able to take the last gear.

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 10:14:00 AM PST

[Post New]by funone3668 on Jan 21, 16 12:47 PM
the hint button circles in in the wrong places

pinkiii
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by pinkiii on Jan 21, 16 12:57 PM
In my Game, it Froze when it put the Ticket in the Train.arrrr

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Jan 21, 16 1:51 PM
will804 wrote:Cant get game to load on Windows 10. Message comes up saying access violation error 0x0317oDSo

I have Windows 10 and had no problems. I'm wondering if you can delete the game and retry? Good luck!

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Jan 21, 16 2:19 PM
Tried playing through and so far I've gotten "the black screen of death" on 4 different occasions.
Using Windows 7 64 bit.
Anyone else experiencing this?

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Jan 21, 16 2:34 PM
funone3668 wrote:the hint button circles in in the wrong places

I had the same problem, could not read some of the directions for the puzzles and see what I needed for HOs

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Jan 21, 16 2:48 PM
I had an Access violation when speaking with the miner outside the DH Wonders workshop. Also problems with the Achievements and Collectors tabs sometimes overlapping the written dialogue at the top of the screen. Windows XP (SP3)

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jan 21, 16 4:19 PM
I'm playing on a PC with Windows Vista. My computer and monitor are both relatively old, but not SUPER old... I've got an NVidia card that has never failed me and I've never (knock on wood!) had a problem loading or playing ANY game. The only issue I have is that my PC/ card/ monitor/ (whatever) doesn't support windowed mode, so I always have to play in full screen mode.

This is never a problem for me, and I actually prefer it anyway. However, I don't know if it's because I'm in full screen mode or what... but the bottom toolbar is squished into the middle of the screen. For most of the game play, it's fine, but it's a huge problem for the puzzles in this game because the "Hint/ Skip" button/ icon on the right and the "Menu" button/ icon on the left are covering both sides of the instruction screen at the bottom of every puzzle. Therefore, the words are obscured on both sides, so I can't completely read the puzzle instructions and am having to guess what to do in each puzzle. It's annoying and taking away the fun, because I have to play around with everything in each puzzle to figure out what button/ lever/ etc does what, and WHAT I'm supposed to be doing and HOW I'm supposed to do it!

The Strategy Guide is no help, because it just gives the solution... it doesn't state the instructions for each puzzle. I just started chapter 3 and I've already had to skip 2 puzzles (I think there have only been 4 so far), so I've missed out on 50% of the mini-games. I've never had this issue in any other game, even in the Puppet Show series. I'd understand if the screen was cut off, but it's not, it's just those darn icon buttons sitting smack in the middle of everything. Like, the entire screen is fine, just the inventory bar isn't wide enough to go to the edges of the screen... I wish I could attach a pic to show you... but hopefully you understand what I mean.

Will they do a patch or update or something? If not, this game is one-third unplayable for me (if you consider the game as one third mini-games, one third HOP's, and one third basic point-and-click gameplay). So if not, I'd really like a refund. I'm prepared to send pics in an email to whomever I need to send it to. Again... this has never been an issue for ANY other game. Heck, I play World of Warcraft on this PC with this video card without issue! If I can play THAT, I should be able to play a simple HOG.

Is anyone else having this issue and does anyone else have any suggestion?

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Jan 21, 16 7:19 PM
blueeyedgirl1301 wrote:the bottom toolbar is squished into the middle of the screen.(

You can unlock the inventory toolbar by clicking its lock. It's on the top-right of the inventory toolbar.

b17annie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by b17annie on Jan 22, 16 12:13 AM
Not sure where to start with the issues I've encountered, but because I know they'll ask Win 7, 64 bit and everything is up to date. Also have done the usual uninstall, reinstall, so BF don't even go there.

1. Same issue as Jonah 11 with the guards at the gate. This happened on the first encounter and the second time when I tried getting back to the town. Tried what I did on the first go around and used the map. However, even though the exclamation point showed where to go the picture to that area wouldn't show up. So basically I'm stuck at the gate with the guards with no options.

2. Hint button is definitely wonky and highlights an area on the bottom right corner which, of course, doesn't do anything when you click on it. So ignored that and just went back to the center of the screen to get to where I needed to go.

3. Even though I am playing in full screen mode, as I don't have a wide screen monitor, the Task icon shows up to the side of HOS and blocks some of the items. Also the inventory items list and instructions for puzzles are partly obliterated by the whatever the objects are on the side. There is no unlock on the inventory toolbar

4. Only 2/3 of the hint button is showing and again, as stated above, the highlighted "hint" shows up in the bottom right hand corner.

I'm sorry, but the QA being done by the developers is unsatisfactory and considering the price the fishies end up paying for these poorly programmed games that are full of bugs. BF should be ashamed and apologetic for releasing them instead of using the same pat answers over and over again, read that as blame the users. Big Fish, when are you going to take some responsibility for the crap you're releasing? It's been one game after another, and it's only getting worse, yet you keep spewing the same answers over and over again but never provide any resolution for the continued problems with the games. By the number of specials and sales you keep offering I'm beginning to think you're losing money as well as customers. You're about ready to lose this one too.

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Jan 22, 16 4:28 AM
I am completely stuck on the HOP by the wounded policeman. I can't find the lightening. I hit the hint button at least 20 times, it goes to the same place, but for the life of me I can't find the lightening. If I get too close to the umbrella, it opens. Has anyone found the lightening? Please help, I can't advance.

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jan 22, 16 4:43 AM
Same problems as b17 annie, can't exit the 2 guards scene, and the hint button is completely useless, it points to areas where there is nothing to do. But I'm sure big fish will tell me.............

.going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

I know that big fish doesn't make these games, but they need better quality control before releasing them.

Also, the developers need to reply in these forums.

Go to: