9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

LOVING this game! Is it me, or...

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 21, 16 8:57 PM
Is it me or does each chapter get more difficult as you go along? Lol.

When I saw, on the game page, that this game had 10 locations, I thought...that doesn't seem like very many...

I think, in the end, that it will be PLENTY. I'll be entertained for DAYS!

BUT...I'm gonna hate it when I come to the end! Of all the games I've played, this one has become my all-time favorite.

Sure would love to see more of this type of game.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:LOVING this game! Is it me, or...

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 22, 16 1:36 AM
Hugging 9otters with a BIG Smile on my face.

I KNOW exactly what you mean.
There are some games, books, films.....that just take on a life of their own for us....
and we dread their coming to an ending, because we don't want those perfect moments that we spend with them to ever go away.

They are sort of equivalent of those rare moments in Baseball where a home run is hit out of the park.
Yeah, they are that amazing, and how lucky we are to have discovered them and felt that experience.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 22, 16 2:08 AM
TOOOOkat!

I could NOT have said it better.

For anyone who enjoyed this game as much as WE did, I'm listing a few that are on the same family tree as this one. I still love them, but, now...my heart belongs to another.

City Of Fools
The Tiny Bang Story
Violett
Big Secret Of A Small Town
Evil Pumpkin The Lost Halloween

The first three listed are closer relations, due to the lack of speaking-type help. All are unique, FUN, and brain building.

I have also heard that City Of Fools 2 is in the works. All roight! (not misspelled lol)

Enjoy!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 22, 16 10:53 AM
Those are all wonderful games.....I had a great time playing Evil Pumpkin and Violett......and I am going to add two more to the list.
The Inner World
The Otherside: Tower of Souls
oh, there is the anything in the Drawn series
I lied, I AM adding more than 2! lol!
and for a few more mainstream games....
Mishap: An Accidental Haunting
Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jan 22, 16 12:51 PM
Hi guys ,

Also remember Shaban!!!,

M.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 23, 16 7:57 AM
Great games listed..
YooHoo, new City of Fools

This game is a riot!

I agree, more of these please.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 24, 16 12:39 PM
Green Moon (and I hear there's a second one coming soon!!) !

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 29, 16 11:35 AM
JUST discovered another game that I've never seen listed as one of the challenging ones...

Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

A couple of times I thought the game MIGHT have a bug. In the end...it was always ME that was the bug.

The last puzzle? I almost cried "UNCLE"...

What a FABULOUS game.

anlylo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by anlylo on Feb 11, 16 5:25 PM
I read your post and was delighted to see you had listed more of this type of game.I played City of Fools and loved it! I found Evil Pumpkin but i typed in a search and i can't find the Big Secrets of a Small Town on BF anywhere.Could you please tell me where i can find it? Thanks in advance!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Feb 16, 16 6:46 PM
Shaban....
It has already been mentioned, but I think saving those goofy sheep deserves a second mention.

Oh, and The Inner World.
What a great game that was.

I am a little concerned about The Big Secret in a Small Town, because I know I bought it, and after looking through any possible spelling and wording, can not find it in my Purchase History.
I DID find a Big Dish forum for the game, but when I hit the "Try This Game" link, all I got was game menu page for Big Fish, not the game page it should have been.
So, I checked google and though there were several listings, the listing for another game distributer said the game was no longer available?

Huh?
That makes me very, very worried for all the games I e-bought here or at other sites.

Now, I am going to tiptoe away and search for games in the Margrave series.
I loved those games, especially the last two....and I remember seeing a "coming soon" blurb for a new one, set somewhere arctic or in the Swiss Mountains, but, doesn't seem to have come out.

Go to: