Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 22, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 9:02:27 AM PST

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness here.

[Post New]by oasis53 on Jan 22, 16 12:39 AM
Game loads fine then when I get to the first scene after choosing "Special features only" in the tutorial screen I can not click on anything else..there are sparkles but nothing will click..it shows to click on the scroll to see goals but it will not open.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jan 22, 16 1:04 AM
Same here .

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Jan 22, 16 2:16 AM
Sorry to hear you are having problems if you read the CE tech prblems you will see all the woes. I have the CE and they didnt fix that yet. Seems BFG just dont care anymore. Fed up!

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Jan 22, 16 4:54 AM
I'm having the same issue.

A lot of games seem to have problems these days. One I bought, played about three quarters of it, and then it said data had corrupted and I needed to start again from the beginning.

I very rarely buy now.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jan 22, 16 7:53 AM
seems quite apparent Flissa2 as there has been no response from any of the mods yet .

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 7:53:43 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 22, 16 9:02 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear people have been encountering problems in the game. Thank you to everyone who took the time to post about these issues here. I've gone ahead and passed along these posts so that the appropriate team can look into this.

If anyone is having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 9:37:47 AM PST

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Jan 22, 16 9:57 AM
won't play. after first scene anything I click on - nothing. frozen screen. the only thing I'm able to do is click on menu, so I exited and uninstalled game. I don't have time for this.

[Post New]by pikespeak62 on Jan 22, 16 11:36 AM
I too had the same problem.
Started game over and used a new profile.
When I allowed the full tutorial everything worked.
Didn't try with no tutorial.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jan 22, 16 3:49 PM
Not good - third game this week that won't play for me (Parallels Cross, Fire, and now this). All others in the Witches' Legacy series played fine for me, but I'm having the same issue as others who've posted. Big Fish - this isn't just me or my computer. Please address your QC issues!

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Jan 23, 16 5:11 AM
To BFG Panthalassa

I understand your point and appreciate that there are procedures that can be taken when we have technical issues with games.

The point I would like to make is that this is happening way too frequently lately and had I approached your technical team with every problem I have had in the last few months, I would have spent many hours in discussions with them. Probably would have been invited to their Christmas Party they would know me that well.

What happens with me, and I suspect countless others, is that we just uninstall the game and don't buy. So, you're losing money! Because most people just want to play the game, not spend ages trying to find solutions as to why they can't.

This hasn't always been an issue. I used to buy a lot of games, not any more.

Perhaps when BFG realise this is hitting their coffers, they may try to ensure that QC is more stringent.

Edited on 01/23/2016 at 5:12:26 AM PST

qsnapper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by qsnapper on Jan 23, 16 9:09 AM
same here, not responding after first scene

[Post New]by pikespeak62 on Jan 23, 16 11:08 AM
So...noone wants to hear my solution?

[Post New]by Soak73 on Jan 23, 16 2:41 PM
Trying to find the third jug in ch.2, but it keeps telling me I have activities in the 'house of lost souls' in ch.1. When I go there, the 'hint' keeps hi-lighting the moon & star idols at the rear center of the screen. I've been all over that screen and there is nothing for me to do, bit it won't let me move on. I'm assuming this is a tech. glitch but I may be missing something. Any hints?

WickedGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by WickedGirl on Jan 23, 16 8:54 PM
pikespeak62 wrote:So...noone wants to hear my solution?

I would LOVE to hear a valid solution, since I am having the same issue. I installed the demo, all loaded fine, and after I get the prompt for the tutorial, nothing in the scene is clickable or responds in any way. I am running Windows 10 x64, completely updated, NVIDIA graphics card, all drivers updated, etc.

[Post New]by Soak73 on Jan 24, 16 1:10 AM
I am using Windows os.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jan 25, 16 6:16 AM
FYI - pikespeak62's solution worked for me too - thanks so much, fellow fishie!!

[Post New]by Sonia61958 on Jan 25, 16 7:52 AM
I have played this game 3x
the 1st time it stopped playing early into the game./Player
I did as BFG Panthalassa suggested dxdiag
played using another name/ Blackie, then it totally stopped when I went to put the #20 in the place, I removed the game from my computer re-downloaded it played using another name / Sonia I got stuck in the place with to #20

I am on a Dell Windows 7 all-in-one

how many times must I play this game just to get stuck in the same spot
I have the SE, is this happening to the CE too??

Edited on 01/25/2016 at 7:57:14 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 25, 16 9:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with items not appearing after clicking the "Special Features Only" button. The team is currently working to resolve this issue and in the meantime, the steps below will help:

1) Start a new profile. This can be set to Casual, Normal, or Custom
2) After a tutorial box appears, select Special Features Only, then OK
3) Another popup message should appear. Click outside of this box to dismiss this message.

Please make sure you DO NOT click on the scroll or on "Skip tutorials". This will ensure that the game allows players to proceed and items should appear in the game.

Thank you for your patience as the appropriate teams work on this issue. We will update the forums if we hear of any additional information. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Rosa96
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rosa96 on Jan 25, 16 2:50 PM
I am stuck on the 3 headed dude. Fed him the reducing bread and now I can't do anything. It won't let me click the X or anything. It says "What do you do human?". Is this a technical issue? Only way I can end it is Control-Alt-Delete.

Go to: