Flickering screen

[Post New]by Dogsitter107 on Jan 22, 16 9:14 PM
Someone Please help me... I've downloaded & deleted a few times & other than that I don't know what to do about the screen non-stop flickering. I don't have this problem with Book 2 or Book 3. Did anyone else have this problem & how did you get it fixed? If this isn't the right place to pose this question, please let me know where to go & how to contact someone to get results. Thank you so much.

obie1one
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Flickering screen

[Post New]by obie1one on Mar 19, 16 11:18 AM
Same thing is happening to me. It is like a double exposure flashing on top of the game screen. I have down loaded a couple times but no improvement.

[Post New]by LavenderLion on May 24, 16 6:22 PM
Its a Windows 8 issue. I had Win 7 when I first got the game and it worked great. Then I got a new laptop with Win 8 and no more Adelantado! Books 2 & 3 work fine in Win 8 just not this first one.

I was actually hoping to find an update but no luck

Cyril48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Cyril48 on Jul 8, 16 12:11 PM
I have recently got windows 10 and thought great I will be able to play this game now but no, still same problem. BFG were most helpful when I first got this game and we went through everything and was told that they were working on an upgrade as many have reported this problem. Still waiting (Sigh)

Edited on 07/08/2016 at 12:13:42 PM PST

JennL777
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by JennL777 on Jul 23, 16 8:20 AM
Weighing in here. I've got Windows 7, have played the game just fine in the past, and now I'm getting the flickering screen, too.

[Post New]by Alclimer on Nov 1, 16 4:48 PM
I just sent a comment to customer service regarding this problem.....guess I should have looked here first. Crap, I really wanted to play this and was hoping for a quick fix!! Just finished book 2 and 3, now I've got nothing to look forward to, wish they would make books 4, 5 and 6

[Post New]by gerar1 on Feb 2, 17 4:34 AM
Same here. windows 8.1 Fix the problem or refund, I hope no one has epilepsy.

[Post New]by Delilahblu on Mar 18, 17 3:29 AM
Flickering screen, uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times..... frustrated !!

bfglgp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bfglgp on Apr 9, 17 5:49 PM
Did this problem ever get fixed? I've deleted and reinstalled the game, and still have a flickering box in the upper half of the screen. Too annoying to actually work around. I'd really like to buy this game, developers, but it ain't gonna happen until you fix this. Windows 8.1 forever!

[Post New]by Dragonlady12 on Jul 28, 17 6:21 PM
I have the same issue. I'm playing on Windows 10. Books two and three play just fine but not this one.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 21, 17 11:18 AM
I bought this game when I had Vista and it played just fine. I now have windows 10 and the flickering makes it unplayable. First game I've had a problem with since switching to windows 10.

[Post New]by Dolphin__Girl on Oct 26, 17 9:19 AM
Same here with windows 10. Well, at least after looking here, I know I can play 2 and 3..thanks for the info!

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Nov 21, 17 10:44 AM
I don't think they will fix it. I was automatically given a refund when I complained.

[Post New]by LavenderLion on Feb 18, 18 7:06 PM
*sigh*
I was hoping someone had found a solution to this. I havent been able to play book one since I got Win 8. And it was my favorite of the three. The problem must be something deep in the code since they have never fixed it.

for those of you looking for more Adelantado they came out with what they called "4" but it was a road clearing game just like the latest Roads of Rome

sadly I dont think we will ever see more games like the first 3 Adelantado

Go to: