bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 29, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

mommytrae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Welcome to Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone forum

[Post New]by mommytrae on Nov 29, 09 12:57 AM
can any one help me? Right now Iam stuck at the weights in the stairwell part.Ive tried different weights together but cant seem to get it.does anyone have the answer?thanks in advance!

fnarkl
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by fnarkl on Nov 29, 09 1:22 AM
mommytrae wrote:can any one help me? Right now Iam stuck at the weights in the stairwell part.Ive tried different weights together but cant seem to get it.does anyone have the answer?thanks in advance!

Look at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. It shows what each symbol equals,

IIRC the answer is 623 (highlight to read)

[Post New]by Wildrose111 on Nov 29, 09 1:33 AM
They have a blog walkthrough on bigfish

[Post New]by mum_of_4 on Nov 29, 09 5:02 AM
how do i get the walkthru for the echoes of past game i aint even made it out of the hall after ive done the kink stuff i dont no were to get something to pick up seeds with,

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 29, 09 5:32 AM
mum_of_4 wrote:how do i get the walkthru for the echoes of past game i aint even made it out of the hall after ive done the kink stuff i dont no were to get something to pick up seeds with,

You can access the walkthrough for Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on the Big Fish Blog by copying and pasting the link below into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/echoes-of-the-past-royal-house-of-stone-walkthrough/

Good Luck! It's a really nice game

Margie B

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Nov 29, 09 5:47 AM
Help!

Maybe the answer to this is obvious - but I'm missing the ring for the lion which, I think, will take me outside. Did the matching game which gave me the lion head and from what I can see of the walkthrough it should have given me the ring as well. It's not in the inventory and all that's left in the castle at the moment is the green puzzle (need to go outside for help with that), the tower, and to make purple potion!

Have I done something wrong?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 29, 09 5:59 AM
weeharleyboy wrote:Help!

Maybe the answer to this is obvious - but I'm missing the ring for the lion which, I think, will take me outside. Did the matching game which gave me the lion head and from what I can see of the walkthrough it should have given me the ring as well. It's not in the inventory and all that's left in the castle at the moment is the green puzzle (need to go outside for help with that), the tower, and to make purple potion!

Have I done something wrong?

Hey weeharleyboy, The ring is in a separate place.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Did you open the window in the tower?

Margie B

Edited on 11/29/2009 at 6:01:20 AM PST

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Nov 29, 09 6:04 AM
Thanks Margie!

I'll check the walkthrough again! I've obviously missed something 'cause I don't have anything to open it with yet! The key I have doesn't fit! At least I can stop worrying that I'd 'dropped' an inventory item!

Edit - Managed to finish the game! Really enjoyed this one!

Edited on 11/29/2009 at 8:46:10 AM PST

[Post New]by jag1996 on Nov 29, 09 1:22 PM
I am very stuck on this one.... I got to the crypt, and then found out that my dirty coin did not get cleaned because I did not have the hankercheif........well I do not have the handkercheif in my game. i know where it is supposed to be, next to the stone lady in the hall.....not there, so i can not finish this game. :-( I tried on 3 different player, it is not there.....does any one have a suggestion?

[Post New]by jwiedow on Nov 29, 09 1:49 PM
I'm stuck in the kitchen!! I clicked on the barrel 20 times, I clicked where I saw "stars" - any ideas?

mommytrae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mommytrae on Nov 29, 09 2:27 PM
thanks for the help fnarkl! i saw the drawing in the left hand corner but still couldnt get it!...Duh! so thanks again for the answer.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 29, 09 3:25 PM
Have found underground stairs after putting HENRY on the middle coffin in the crypt. Walkthrough says go back to graveyard and open hidden object scene (find the reptiles). I don't get any hidden object scene! Helpppp!!

Just realised I didn't give the cleaned coin to the coffin maker...panic over ;-)

Edited on 11/29/2009 at 3:43:24 PM PST

[Post New]by 2Tinker on Nov 29, 09 10:49 PM
This game is GREAT but Myster Case Files Dire Grove is not wosth $19.95

Edited on 11/29/2009 at 11:00:29 PM PST

[Post New]by 2Tinker on Nov 29, 09 10:50 PM
jag1996 wrote:I am very stuck on this one.... I got to the crypt, and then found out that my dirty coin did not get cleaned because I did not have the hankercheif........well I do not have the handkercheif in my game. i know where it is supposed to be, next to the stone lady in the hall.....not there, so i can not finish this game. :-( I tried on 3 different player, it is not there.....does any one have a suggestion?

when the maid turn back to life she drop the hankercheif

Edited on 11/29/2009 at 11:02:24 PM PST

tjwilson
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by tjwilson on Nov 30, 09 1:07 AM
Great game, but TOO SHORT! Small castle, only skipped a couple of mini-games, will go through it again with the walkthrough to see how to do them.

Really enjoyed it and will play it again. More like it, just longer!

However, get rid of the voices you used, get some English actors, and have them just tell the story without the "click to continue" and fake sentiment. This will really improve the game.

nash4452
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by nash4452 on Nov 30, 09 5:24 AM
I'm another person stuck in the kitchen. I have clicked on that barrel hundreds of times and it still won't roll away from the door! Please help!

[Post New]by Aussie5 on Nov 30, 09 9:22 AM
mum_of_4 wrote:how do i get the walkthru for the echoes of past game i aint even made it out of the hall after ive done the kink stuff i dont no were to get something to pick up seeds with,

Heeeelp; Did you find a way to pick up the seeds?

Edited on 11/30/2009 at 9:25:24 AM PST

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Nov 30, 09 3:22 PM
Great game, well worth the price. I do like this kind of game, with different kinds of puzzles to solve and things to find. I'm waiting for Dire Grove to be available at $6.99.

sandybottom
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by sandybottom on Dec 1, 09 8:54 AM
Tested this game then immediately bought it . I played all the way through only using the 'book' and 'mirror' for clues/re-reading text (move-along clues disappeared from top of screen too quick to read sometimes). I stuck with it and completed all puzzles rather than skipping due to frustration. This game provides a variety of HOG scenes that are not too challenging if you give your mind and eyes a chance. Several times I wrote down clues on paper for future use, but the book actually provides these clues too! Music not annoying; no you-scared-me scenes, and no pressure from time running out! The ending was not a disappointment at all (which was refreshing). Plenty of movement back and forth between rooms as several former HOG scenes are re-used. GREAT game !!

Go to: