Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

CYMBALS IN THE HOP

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Jan 24, 16 9:39 AM
The answer to not being able to finish the HOP with the cymbals is, with the HOP open:

1. Open the acid in the inventory
2. Use the pipette to withdraw some acid
3. Use the acid in the pipette on the right hand side of the HOP on the rusted chain.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:CYMBALS IN THE HOP

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 24, 16 6:57 PM
No, that's not right.

To get the cymbals you need to get the fly and use it on the venus flytrap. It will then close up and reveal the cymbals that was hidden underneath.

[Post New]by gnadenlos_GER on Jan 25, 16 2:14 AM
@Valdy: That's the first part of the solution. The problem is, that the game still tells you that the monkey is missing his cymbals, even if you gave them to him. This message is a bug. (Maybe it only happens if the cymbal is the last HOG item you find.)

The problem is that the game switches to inventory mode after you've solved the HOG and due to the wrong message and because it's the only time the game switches from HOG to inventory mode, many players don't realize that they have to do something else (use the acid on the chain).

Edited on 01/25/2016 at 2:18:21 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 25, 16 3:21 AM
Yes, I remember being a little surprised that I had to use the acid from my inventory to cut down the chain, but I don't remember having to do that in order to get the cymbals. I did the venus flytrap thing, it closed down and I clicked on the cymbals, which I was then able to hand over to the monkey.

Edited to add: it is possible that I had to get rid of the chain first in order for the fly to appear. I can't remember that part now as clearly as I would like.

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 5:12:09 PM PST

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Jan 25, 16 10:50 AM
Thank you for posting this. I thought it was a glitch and I would have to start all over again.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Jan 25, 16 7:35 PM
abbyD wrote:Thank you for posting this. I thought it was a glitch and I would have to start all over again.

Me too. Thanks.

Go to: