Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Tech Problem With This & Other BFG Games

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 24, 16 5:25 PM
Moderators I am begging you to please not delete this. I have the problem with this game & probably all others, and ever since they deleted the forum on Big Fish where you could go to talk about non-specific games, there is no better option.

100% of the time when I've written CS for help I've gotten the same advice & it has worked maybe ... 1 time out of 30. They simply by default say to uninstall this or that & to do basic maintainence. Not going to help in this case & I would like to try for a helpful response.

OK so what I have is this game & about 80 to 100 others going a few years back where I've discovered a folder still holding files from the games long long LONG after they've been uninstalled from my system. In fact, I am pretty positive that some of these games were never even installed on this particular computer!!! (I transfer files from one pc or mac to another when switching) .

What I have is this: A folder called AppData/Roaming. In there , as I said, there are at least 100 file folders - mostly given titles such as Elephant Games, **** & the names of other game developers from files I have had at various points from Big Fish games going back to 2013.

This is all taking up space! A lot. And its baffling to me that 2 years after removing this game (ITS NOT JUST THIS GAME) from the system there are still hidden files.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Tech Problem With This & Other BFG Games

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 24, 16 5:29 PM
Oh thats weird! It censored one of the words that I typed. I swear, I didnt say anything bad.

A web search said that these files should be removed when apps are uninstalled from a system. And since the only files showing in this folder are from Big Fish games....there must be some common source.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jan 24, 16 5:43 PM
When you uninstall a game, it only removes the game / program file. The appdata files are the game saves and must be removed manually / deleting the folders. This is normal as the game save can be transferred to another computer. It wouldn't make since if you uninstalled the game and the game save was also removed. Say if there was issues with the game and had to uninstall / reinstall the game because of the issues, you would lose all your progress.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 29, 16 2:49 PM
Hi Yaelle,

I apologize that there isn't a section of the forums to talk about non-specific games. We will definitely pass this along to the appropriate teams that handle the layout of the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that when contacting our support team, the issue hasn't been resolved. In regards to the files that you are referring to, you are definitely right that there is an AppData/Roaming file that contains folders of the games that you have downloaded from Big Fish. It is understandable the concern with the amount of space that it takes on your computer. tazruby2000 is right that uninstalling a game only removes the game/program file. The AppData files contain the progress that has been made within the games and it is safe to manually remove them if needed. Please keep in mind that manually removing these files will take time and delete any progress made. If you would like steps on how to do this, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with details of the issue. They have the tools to further assist, but keep in mind that it is time consuming. If you feel that your issue hasn't been resolved, please be sure to reply directly to the emails so that a representative can further assist.

Since this thread isn't entirely specific to The Timebuilders: Caveman's Prophecy, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. Thank you for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: