Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Flying Islands Chronicles here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 25, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/25/2016 at 6:31:04 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Flying Islands Chronicles here.

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jan 25, 16 3:05 AM
Flying Islands Chronicles is a clear the road, build stuff type of game. It is of course NOT a hidden object game as shown on the main page.

The features:

* There is only one game mode and it is timed. I do not know if you can play on past the timer I didn't test that.
* You can multi-click if you have the resources
* When you build something you can click it to speed up the building process - this requires one or two clicks not many.
* You can skip the story / tutorial if you want to.
* You can use your system cursor or a custom cursor.

Strategy

It's kind of hectic, this is not a relaxed easy game to get 3 stars, not only do you have to figure out a strategy but you have to be very quick too. I generally always had to click on the buildings to speed up the workers. It made a huge difference what you did first and it took me several tries to get 3 stars - on the levels I replayed just to see if it was possible - on the other levels I still don't have 3 stars.

There are thieves that steal your resources so you have to get there before the thieves or make another plan. I found this enhanced the strategy greatly rather than being a hindrance. You can build a barracks and send a dude after them but I did not find this dude to be all that effective, I did think him stopping after a while or not being able to catch all thieves was part of the strategy rather than a technical error, but I don't know as my demo timed-out at that point. (There was plenty enough resources to finish the level despite the theft.)

The graphics were not designed for a large screen so is slightly blurry.

I'm on the fence with this one - love the strategy but not sure I want to do all that clicking. This certainly is a game where the demo hour isn't long enough to decide.

[Post New]by MarkAlan727 on Jan 25, 16 5:16 AM
They have this listed as a Hidden Object, but most of you will think its a Time Management game. Unfortunately its neither. And worse yet, it's been three days in a row of these games without a category. This one was released on other sites two years ago and looks even older. There's no option to play without a timer for those of you who like UN-timed-Management. And the graphics are very poor. But what else would expect from a Monday?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 25, 16 6:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Flying Islands Chronicles here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Flying Islands Chronicles.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 25, 16 11:30 AM
I only played the first level, but found it to be kind of boring. These aren't really time management games, I don't know why they call them that. They should be called building games. This type of game is my favorite, but certainly not this particular one.

Loof
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Loof on Jan 25, 16 2:56 PM
mtvoyager wrote:This type of game is my favorite, but certainly not this particular one.

Then you may like Gardens Inc. 4 that's coming out later this week.

I agree with you about this game not being time management. As someone else said, it's more of a "Grab and Run".

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jan 25, 16 3:07 PM
Really?! Gardens Inc. 4 is coming out? Hey, that's some good news, my games roster's been a little blah, lately. Ooops, I guess I should technically say something about this game. OK.....

Loof
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Loof on Jan 25, 16 5:08 PM
plat1098 wrote:Really?! Gardens Inc. 4 is coming out?

On Monday Big Fish posts on Facebook their upcoming collector's editions for the week.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 26, 16 5:31 AM
mtvoyager wrote:These aren't really time management games, I don't know why they call them that. They should be called building games. This type of game is my favorite, but certainly not this particular one.

If you have a limited amount of time in which to complete various tasks, you have to manage your time to get everything done. What else would you call it? But perhaps there could be a sub-genre of TM games called 'Building Management'.

I usually jump at these games but couldn't get into this one at all. It's all a bit too hectic for my taste and I'm not a fan of thieves in any game. It does seem a bit dated and as has been said, not really made for a wide screen as the graphics become blurry. A bit too much clicking as well; I imagine my arthritic hands would be complaining after playing this for any length of time. I'll pass on this one.

Great news though about Gardens Inc. 4; I love that series At the end of the last game Jill announced she was expecting, so I'm guessing this new game will be very 'baby' orientated (but hopefully not too much!).

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jan 26, 16 7:32 AM
Unlike others, I do consider these games time management - you have to manage your tasks in the time given to get 3 stars, after all. Some people seem to think only the games that involve serving food or something can be time management. Personally, I prefer these building/gathering games. This one isn't one of the best, but it's certainly challenging to get 3 stars on. With the clicking to speed up tasks, I'm only playing a few levels at a time, so It's going to take me a while to finish it but that's more of a bonus than a bug to me. My arthritis doesn't let me do that much clicking for long. It's not really too bad, though, as most of the tasks only take a couple of clicks to be done. It's when I have more than one little person to speed up that I have trouble! I don't really understand what "talking" to the mole accomplishes, but I've learned not to be too critical about these games - I just do what it says I need to.

I don't know why the game claims to be hidden object, but figure it was human error somewhere along the way. It should be corrected, though.

Gardens 4 will be nice if it works - the last one has never been fixed to my knowledge and still doesn't work properly for me.

[Post New]by lesliekennedy on Jan 27, 16 7:46 AM
I just check out this game and I like this kind of game. But when the warrior only works one time I'm not going to keep playing and the same thing is happens not happy with this game

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Jan 27, 16 11:02 AM
This is the type of game that I just love but I think I'll be passing on it after almost completing the trial period. Level 9 appears to have some sort of bug with the warrior and he quits working after a time. The controls seem a bit clunky to me, for some reason, so all in all, playing just wasn't a very enjoyable experience.

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Apr 8, 16 11:28 AM
I paid for this game, so it breaks my heart to scrap it. I have played levels after five seven or eight times and three stars is impossible. If I wanted aggro I'd talk to my husband! (HEE HEE). Not worth the fast clicks on my wrist. WAY to difficult for me.

Go to: