Restart Question

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Restart Question

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 25, 16 2:01 PM
I'm not restarting.. but just curious.. Do you keep your achievements? Or do they zero out?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Restart Question

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 25, 16 3:00 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:I'm not restarting.. but just curious.. Do you keep your achievements? Or do they zero out?

They zero out.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Restart Question

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 25, 16 3:27 PM
For the record lets go over what we know STAYS.

1. Gold
2. Coins
3. Collectibles
4. Antique rating
5. Friends (will show up after you do the old library/museum building to level ? 2?)
6. Count of how many times you've done your collections.

All else is reset to naught.

Anything else I missed ladies?

Edited on 01/25/2016 at 3:46:51 PM PST

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Jan 25, 16 3:33 PM
Auctions you set up and chests of keys you began asking for before the restart: the results will appear in the new game as soon as you have done the needed upgrades (auction house and museum).

lpcb
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by lpcb on Jan 25, 16 3:57 PM
Bluex wrote:For the record lets go over what we know STAYS.

1. Gold
2. Coins
3. Collectibles
4. Antique rating
5. Friends (will show up after you do the old library/museum building to level ? 2?)
6. Count of how many times you've done your collections.

All else is reset to naught.

Anything else I missed ladies?

OH MY!!! Now I am anxious to start a new game. After I make as much as I can. LOL So it's best to convert the fuel to gold, then? As that would be gone as well?
I don't know how I will be able to contain myself, having all that coin and gold and NOT having to shovel snow to play. LOL

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 25, 16 4:13 PM
It is best to CONVERT anything not on that list as it will be gone..

So use you fuel to get the Ran to get the gold or those collectibles in the AES. Not only can you sell them for bucks in the auction but can use them for fuel when the time comes. Use up your food to get collectibles in the cities. Use up your mini game resources to get those collectibles that make bricks, wood, paint. Especially those that make the 50 or so as that will be shut out for a while in the new game and trust you me those come in VERY handy and are expensive in auction as well.. Use up all the stars to get the gold.. Etc, etc, etc.

Be creative and use up anything you have that you cannot take with you to make something you can take with.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 25, 16 4:42 PM
If you already have 1,000 or more in gold, you have enough to cover the essentials such as the mega-truck. I would recommend using whatever fuel you have left to fly to ONE of the first three countries and gather enough parts so that when you restart, you can complete collections to get stars (for the playing the arcade when you need to fix the plane) and fuel.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 25, 16 4:46 PM
Bluex wrote:It is best to CONVERT anything not on that list as it will be gone..

So use you fuel to get the Ran to get the gold or those collectibles in the AES. Not only can you sell them for bucks in the auction but can use them for fuel when the time comes. Use up your food to get collectibles in the cities. Use up your mini game resources to get those collectibles that make bricks, wood, paint. Especially those that make the 50 or so as that will be shut out for a while in the new game and trust you me those come in VERY handy and are expensive in auction as well.. Use up all the stars to get the gold.. Etc, etc, etc.

Be creative and use up anything you have that you cannot take with you to make something you can take with.

A person may have just too much to use up. What I did was pick a date for the restart, and then set priorities regarding which resources to use up and which resources I needed to gather up.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 25, 16 5:06 PM
good trick to note about the stars as those AES collections to make them really helped....Having the stars come in very handy, not only for the quest but for food and stuff you lose.. So many combinations of things, it just depends on how one wishes to play.
I tried to make as much gold so I could take it to pay off Issa to get Odin going fast before the Valentines event.. So I turned in all I could to make the gold. Achievements, stars and IEI-ing for fuel to fly to Spain and retain some of those collectibles. You know how fast the hyper game can be.

Also remember the game goes fast but one MUST go slow to really see what you are doing as the quests can go TOO fast and one can miss something thus messing up the game.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Jan 26, 16 9:34 AM
Hey Blue just letting you know ive restarted and cant send messages yet, what a mess this place is, cant believe I just had to find Ran! cant play for too long so will enjoy it !!

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Jan 26, 16 1:03 PM
fishfingers10 wrote:Hey Blue just letting you know ive restarted and cant send messages yet, what a mess this place is, cant believe I just had to find Ran! cant play for too long so will enjoy it !!

Do you need friends in your new game? If so, send me your social code and I'll gladly help you.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Jan 27, 16 12:02 AM
Thankyou Veronika, just reached the get a friend stage, my social code is 1351964.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 28, 16 12:54 PM
fishfingers10 wrote:Hey Blue just letting you know ive restarted and cant send messages yet, what a mess this place is, cant believe I just had to find Ran! cant play for too long so will enjoy it !!

Wow from level 102 to zero in 4.5 seconds.. What a thrill!!! Im so glad you restarted, enjoy it.

alicemary
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by alicemary on Jan 29, 16 5:13 AM
I can't find the thread for how to restart. I think Veronica said to disconnect from internet before hitting start a new game is this correct?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 29, 16 5:38 AM
alicemary wrote:I can't find the thread for how to restart. I think Veronica said to disconnect from internet before hitting start a new game is this correct?

This is a better thread than the restart thread as it not only says how to restart properly but how to prepare for it. Read Oddly's comment for how to do the re-start, that's the third one down.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/541852.page

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 29, 16 5:45 AM
alicemary wrote:I can't find the thread for how to restart. I think Veronica said to disconnect from internet before hitting start a new game is this correct?

Instructions for restart.

Open game while connected to internet.

Make sure you have a connection so that your current game's assets are saved.

Disconnect from the internet (If you have an Ethernet cord, unplug it. If you have WIFI, disconnect and make sure the "connect automatically" box is NOT checked)

Use the gears to start a new game.

Play the first 2 quests (important. Doing this erases the old game from your computer and replaces it with the new game.)

Reconnect to the internet (your coins and gold from your old game should appear at this point. After you play Aylen's quest to find a Ran in the Red Mines, your collectibles should return.)

alicemary
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by alicemary on Jan 29, 16 11:44 AM
Thank you Timara Sue and Bluex - that is what thought but could not find the tread

Edited on 01/29/2016 at 11:44:59 AM PST

ibdapita
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by ibdapita on Feb 7, 16 7:30 PM
I followed the directions to restart game and actually unplugged my wifi to be sure that I was disconnected from the internet....I restarted the game and it worked until I reached the quest to customize the animal lodge, As soon as clicked on the go button in the quest my game went dark and I was back on level 35 again without the gloves of course as I hadn't got that quest yet either.Any ideas folks, Advice will be appreciated, I know I have to restart again but dang, Valentines is almost upon us.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Feb 8, 16 8:46 AM
Lord have mercy, just got back in from hospital.
anyway i'll be brief. I would wait till after Valentines to do a restart. milk the fete for all you can. NOW very important. and this may or may not work, hopefully someone that can think better than me at this time will help. I would SAVE or not turn in one collection of each of the valentines collectibles as you will therefore not have to wait till NEXT year for Odin to ask for them.. As I said it might work, but can't think it through to clearly right now.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 8, 16 3:24 PM
Bluex wrote:Lord have mercy, just got back in from hospital.
anyway i'll be brief. I would wait till after Valentines to do a restart. milk the fete for all you can. NOW very important. and this may or may not work, hopefully someone that can think better than me at this time will help. I would SAVE or not turn in one collection of each of the valentines collectibles as you will therefore not have to wait till NEXT year for Odin to ask for them.. As I said it might work, but can't think it through to clearly right now.

When you restart, any uncompleted quests disappear (along with your food and keepsake and achievements). So anybody restarting after Valentine Day will have to wait for Valentine Day 2017 for Odin to ask for those collectibles.

Go to: