GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Final level - unbeatable?

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Nov 30, 09 8:12 AM
Hello, has anyone managed to beat the final level? I have tried sooooo many times. Once or twice I almost got it, but there were always three or four items (usually pies and sweaters) that weren't ready. I have three sweater machines and two pie machines. Towards the end, so many sweaters and pies are ordered that I just can't keep up. Buying a third pie machine wouldn't help, as I have trouble (time wise) uploading the machines I have (that includes using the spells).

Re:Final level - unbeatable?

[Post New]by surfmistress on Nov 30, 09 11:26 AM
Not that it helps any, but it's not just you.

Not only am I constantly short on the orders (always seem to be 2-3 I can't fill on this level) I have the added problem of everything seeming to slow down. I even tried changing to an old back up mouse and it wasn't any help.

tm501
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tm501 on Nov 30, 09 12:34 PM
I can't seem to finish it either. Can we load up on stuff at the beginning of the level/ Like we know we need lots of sweaters so we can start making them early in the game? Or can you just fill the orders that are shown?

[Post New]by surfmistress on Nov 30, 09 12:49 PM
As far as I can tell, you can only have three orders showing at a time and you can only fill those three. Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to get ahead on the unseen orders even if you knew for sure what you needed.

I've had my monments but it hasn't been too bad til this level -- other than me being an idiot and not being able to tell wool from eggs, lol -- but I really wish there were a way to get a bit ahead. I seem to have the worst trouble with the eggs, those chickens love to take a bite out of me

For this level I really, really wish it was set a bit more like Ranch Rush where you knew ahead of time how many of what you needed, or if you happened to grab three of something but only really needed two you could 'pay it forward' on the next order needing that item instead of losing the time and resources.

Edited on 11/30/2009 at 1:00:02 PM PST

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Nov 30, 09 1:58 PM
Thanks for your replies. I'm a bit relieved that others have the same problem.

As to producing ahead - you can to a certain degree. I always make pies right in the beginning, but just leave them on the machine and I also upload the machine with the materials needed to make one more pie. So I kind of have two pies per machine in advance (one made and one that starts to get made as soon as I take the first pie). Same with the sweaters. Those items don't vanish like the ice cream or the peacock feathers, so I just leave them on the machine until I need them. But eventually it doesn't help because at the end of that level there are so many orders at once for pies and sweaters. That always causes me to fail the level.

dlindab
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by dlindab on Nov 30, 09 9:40 PM
Other levels were fine, then, this seems impossible.
If you can't see for sure what an item up top is, hold your cursor over it, and it will tell you. Also, if you look up top, to the right, you will see what looks like a stack of "customer chips." Click on that for an overview of what will be ordered.
You can prepare quite a bit. Except for the feathers and ice cream, you can fill up the supplies needed so new production begins as soon as you collect the item.
But still can't finish the level. The spell book takes so long to recharge, don't think it would be much help.
Any tips?

dlindab
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by dlindab on Dec 1, 09 11:50 AM
Whew! I did it. Had 6 pie machines and 3 of everything else. Had 15 wheat, 12 corn, 3 flowers, 6 strawberries and 6 melons.
Next time, I will have 2 magic powders because you always run out at the worst time.
Made 6 pies ahead of time and fully stocked the machines. When you collect the pies, the machines begin making the next ones right away. Did the same with the sweaters. Shortly before the timer ran out, even made ice cream and restocked the machines. That way, when the next "try" starts, you have ice cream ready to collect. Had the hens with eggs ready and stocked with corn. Was restocking the cows as time ran out.
All this gave me enough of a head start that I got it all done in time. Barely. Only had 4 seconds to spare.
Oh, and I used the food spell to feed the cat, to conserve the milk bottles for other things.
This can definitely be improved on. Just realized that once you make the last ice cream, you can get rid of those machines and make room for something else.
Love this game!

[Post New]by surfmistress on Dec 2, 09 5:52 AM
Great job, dlindab!

This win by 4 seconds, the next by 4 minutes, right!

dlindab
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by dlindab on Dec 2, 09 7:12 PM
On the list of customers, customer #10 is a girl with pigtails in a cowboy hat. Once her order is complete, fully stock the 6 pie machines. Then you can get rid of the ice cream machines and the hens, and replace them with 2 sheep, 2 sweaters, and a cow.
But you still have to work to get the feathers collected in time.

[Post New]by surfmistress on Dec 3, 09 1:37 PM
On the list of customers, customer #10 is a girl with pigtails in a cowboy hat. Once her order is complete, fully stock the 6 pie machines. Then you can get rid of the ice cream machines and the hens, and replace them with 2 sheep, 2 sweaters, and a cow.
But you still have to work to get the feathers collected in time.

Thanks! That might help me get closer :-) I can barely squeak by on 2 pie machines (and don't always make it), but the feathers sink me every time.

As many times as I've failed the final level you'd think I'd have figured out what's needed for each customer and when I could sell off things I didn't need and add an extra or two of something I would.

Up until the final level I've been good managing 3 each of cows, sheep, sweaters, and ice cream but only 2 pie makers. I somehow managed to squeeze in 5 hens over the levels (started with 3) but still have trouble collecting the eggs quickly enough since my timing always seems to be juuuust a little off. Vicious, man-eating little birds, lol

[Post New]by LilyJustice on Dec 4, 09 6:10 PM
dlindab wrote:Whew! I did it. Had 6 pie machines and 3 of everything else. Had 15 wheat, 12 corn, 3 flowers, 6 strawberries and 6 melons.
Next time, I will have 2 magic powders because you always run out at the worst time.
Made 6 pies ahead of time and fully stocked the machines. When you collect the pies, the machines begin making the next ones right away. Did the same with the sweaters. Shortly before the timer ran out, even made ice cream and restocked the machines. That way, when the next "try" starts, you have ice cream ready to collect. Had the hens with eggs ready and stocked with corn. Was restocking the cows as time ran out.
All this gave me enough of a head start that I got it all done in time. Barely. Only had 4 seconds to spare.
Oh, and I used the food spell to feed the cat, to conserve the milk bottles for other things.
This can definitely be improved on. Just realized that once you make the last ice cream, you can get rid of those machines and make room for something else.
Love this game!

[Post New]by LilyJustice on Dec 4, 09 6:12 PM
I fail to see how you managed to fit in 6 pie machines plus everyhting else. I have managed to squeeze in 4 & that is the best I can do. You must have very good spacial awareness.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Dec 4, 09 8:20 PM
rofl I think you are right about that spacial awareness. After four tries I managed to beat the last level with the same machines I had for whole game 2 pie 2 ice cream 3 sweater. Once I realized I was goind to lose the round all I did was stock everything up instead and sell nothing so that when you lose then start again you start with everything full.. all my animals and machines were maxed and I was holding three ice creams already made in my crate section as the last seconds get ready to end it as a lost game I clicked on the peacock feathers so that when I started again they were also on the screen.

NutMeg1987
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Dec 5, 09 7:04 PM
The best thing I found throughout the whole game was to have everything stocked before I ended the round I was on. That way, I had at least 2 of each item, thirsty peacocks, and all of my ingredient-producers with one item ready and their feed troughs full.

Also, think about how you have your layout organized. If you have to go up to the left corner for eggs, the right corner for strawberries, the left for wheat, the right for milk, you're going to waste a lot of time running around.

One more reminder/tip, don't forget that you can cue up tasks for the firl to do and then dig/plant. For some reason, I thought she was involved in these, but turns out she is. It might only give you an extra second or two, but sometimes that's all you need.

Good luck, y'all.

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Dec 5, 09 11:08 PM
Am I right in assuming your talking about the final level in Timed Mode and not Expert mode?

I just finished the final level in Expert mode and it took me All Day Long to do it by stocking up on everything (4 pie machines, 4 Ice Cream Machines, 3 Sweater, 3 Goats, 4 Cows, 5 Hens, 4 melons, 4 Blue Flowers, 8 Corn, 18 Wheat, 2 Peacocks)

It required 2 tries to complete it

First 36 min try
I stocked up all livestock and machines and the ice cream machines with milk in each so I could restock the cows to max again

Then I got 2 (star melons) which took up 2 places in my (bottom tray) and 1 strawberry crate then I just waited for time to run down to 1 min on timer

On 1 min mark i click on ice cream machine to start it then refill strawberry crate on remaining 3 ice cream machine and refill the 4 ice cream machines with milk before timer runs out. Ice cream will start to melt but you should be able to get them all once the retry game starts.

Remember do not send ANYTHING to barn until retry that way you will already have 2 star melons and 4 ice creams and 3 sweaters at start of game and machines already setup for 3 more sweaters and 4 more ice creams on the way.

Even with this Major head start its taken me about 6 complete tries and only finished with 3 seconds to spare.

I can't imagine its even possible to finish this without the head start or to get it on the first try for the Expert Trophy

If anyone out there has a better way of doing this one PLEASE tell me or send me screen shot as I'd love to see it

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,664 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Dec 21, 09 7:05 PM
Whew! Great game! I finally won. I came to this forum to get help with this level after failing for 2 days and trying all the combos that were offered. But still could not win. For me, I placed 4 pie machines along the top, 3 ice cream top right going down, my garden consisting of 15 wheat, 4 watermelon, 4 flower, 6 strawberry, 12 corn, all on the very bottom of the screen 14 rows accross and 3 rows high lgoing from right to left - leaving just enough room for a 4th cow bottom left, total 4 cows and 3 sheep and 3 sweater machines above the cows and under the pie machines. The 4 hens were just above the garden. I fit the brew machine, magic bag, well, and crates in the middle. The birds might need to be moved so you can configure. The difference for me was the 4th hen pen. Just like everyone else has said, I played only to load all machines fully and then let the clock run down. Restart with everything ready. I used my spells to grow crops. Also, if you click on the last person to the top far right, you can see all the clients and their orders. I did this to pause the game and prepare. Good luck and thank you for such a terrific and challanging yet winable game! I hope this makes sense. LOL

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,664 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Dec 21, 09 7:09 PM
Whoops! One more thing. After level 10 - I deleted the Ice Cream Machines and added another sheep and sweater machine. Keep up with the birds!

lynnmx5
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lynnmx5 on Dec 22, 09 1:44 PM
I noticed you need no oranges for the last round, so you can do away with those for more space. I did it with 3mins left - I really cheated and wasted the whole previous attempt, just by stacking everything up, made and ready for next make, sheep sheared, cows milked and fed etc - I also deleted the ice cream makers during the level and bought more pie machines, but make sure they fit in before you start as they are slightly bigger!
Good game I thought
Have fun

Go to: