biggr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

chamber/fireplace

[Post New]by biggr on Nov 30, 09 1:29 PM
I'm in the chamber with the fireplace, the screen is so dark it's impossible to see what I'm doing!!Any suggestions on how I solve this so I can get to the next level? It's getting very frustrating and I'm about ready to toss this game! Up to know I've enjoyed this game. Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

biggr

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

Re:chamber/fireplace

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Nov 30, 09 2:06 PM
Hi biggr,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that your game is displaying so dark! Have you tried adjusting the brightness on your monitor to make those scenes a little easier to view?

You should have some buttons on the front of your monitor that will allow you make your screen brighter or darker, so I'd suggest to tinker with those settings to see if your game will display a little better so that you can enjoy it.

If you still can't see your game though, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support team from the "We're Here to Help" link on the right side of this page. They'll always be more than happy to help with any issues you run into!

Cheers!

bfgEuphrates

biggr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by biggr on Dec 1, 09 11:34 AM
I've brightened it as much as I can, a little better. I must be doing something wrong. Can someone help me to get thru this fireplace puzzle? All the buttons don't show up,so I can't push them! and where is the opening at if and when I find all the buttons to push?

Thanks
biggr

redrose1940
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by redrose1940 on Dec 1, 09 11:41 AM
I also am having problems.

Hit the ? mark in the RIGHT corner opf scren and then hit the TOP "x" on the fireplace to see the 9 buttons. Enter the code from your walkthrough pg 21.

Tilt your screen towards you to lighten up the screen to see the 9 buttons.

I am still waiting for an answer as to why after doing the correct sequence on the walkthrough I still can not open the secret opening to advance to the next chamber.

biggr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by biggr on Dec 1, 09 12:50 PM
do I have to reset the buttons after each time I pudh them, if so how do I do this?

I barely see the buttons and I push this code 749625 but nothing happens???
Biggr

lea_anna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lea_anna on Dec 2, 09 9:02 PM
redrose1940 wrote:I also am having problems.

Hit the ? mark in the RIGHT corner opf scren and then hit the TOP "x" on the fireplace to see the 9 buttons. Enter the code from your walkthrough pg 21.

Tilt your screen towards you to lighten up the screen to see the 9 buttons.

I am still waiting for an answer as to why after doing the correct sequence on the walkthrough I still can not open the secret opening to advance to the next chamber.

For some reason my buttons will work, until I get to #5, then I have to click really fast twice, but then the panel still doesn't open. I'm SOooo disappointed. This is such a great game, and was working 'great' till I got here. I sure hope I don't have to uninstall and give it up. It was my last game credit. I had one from another game (DaVinci lg file) had a door missing. Gerrrr. :> So frustrating.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 3, 09 6:07 PM
It sounds like you probably don't have the 5th tile fully cleaned yet, that's why it's not opening for you.

This was a very difficult part of the game, and extremely dark. I ended up lightening the screenshots for the Blog Walkthrough, because honestly you couldn't see anything at all otherwise.

This is one of those puzzles where even if you know the code, the game won't let you enter it until your character has gone through all the steps to "learn" the code the way they want you to.

Probably the easiest thing to do at this point is to check the Blog Walkthrough, which is posted free here at Big Fish Games.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

It has step by step instructions, including screenshots, so it should help.

Good luck!
Robin

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Dec 8, 09 8:31 PM
I put the numbers in sequence but didn't realize I had to insert the shovel before the doors shut again. Now I can't reset the buttons and can't exit away from the fireplace. What can I do? Don't want to start over...

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 9, 09 8:27 PM
Pertigal wrote:I put the numbers in sequence but didn't realize I had to insert the shovel before the doors shut again. Now I can't reset the buttons and can't exit away from the fireplace. What can I do? Don't want to start over...

I would just try the whole sequence again. Clean the tiles by your feet with the broom. Clean the 5th tile with the cleaning stick. Enter the code. Then use the shovel.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: