Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Bounty: A Pirate's Quest here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 27, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 6:32:27 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Bounty: A Pirate's Quest here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 27, 16 6:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Lost Bounty: A Pirate's Quest here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Lost Bounty: A Pirate's Quest.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 27, 16 1:43 PM
Leisurely demo of this attractive M-3. By saying leisurely, I mean it seems very basic and I'm wondering if it will eventually get challenging -- but I relaxed into a zone, a welcome break from a really stressful last few days! It is an attractive game with large colorful tiles. The graphics in the 'building' scene are really pleasant.

It has timed and relaxed modes. I tested in timed, deliberately letting it run out on one level to see what happened. It doesn't give a stressful heartbeat (that I heard), it just popped up a box offering 3 choices: Skip, Restart, or Switch to Relaxed. Chose skip to see if penalized. Still got score, although lower than would have earned by completing the level. Then it moved on to next level.

The story has a female captain of the ship with a mission to search an island to find treasure her father left there. Every few screens there's a page of story. If there were voiceovers, I must have turned the sound down too far to hear them.

As to actual gameplay, to me it was not slow as in a technical difficulty. It simply seemed to play in a very leisurely fashion. You can make matches before the tiles settle. Pick up all the gold and use to refurbish your ship and build on the island. As it progressed, boards changed shapes slightly and the typical M-3 obstacles like sand and wood crate blockers were added.

You earn powerups but I've got to say, thus far I cannot envision needing them! Based on the demo, it doesn't seem like it will ramp up to be a difficult or stressful cradle-type M-3, so if that's what you're looking for.....

Music is always a big part of a game for me, so I was pleased it was not just one short-loop track. There were different tracks and all I heard were upbeat with a lilt that perfectly fit the theme.

I've got the cradle games and several dozen other M-3, but I also enjoy a relaxing M-3 for winding down late at night. Since I enjoyed the leisurely demo, I'm going to get it with a punch code. With the caveat that it seems very leisurely, might be worth a demo.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 27, 16 7:56 PM
nice review ! Doubt I will try it as I got away from M-3 games - I used to like them, my "leisurely" game of choice now is solitaire - first love will always be HOPA games.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Jan 28, 16 3:10 PM
I like this game, graphics, music and all and I loved the storyline for once.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jan 29, 16 5:09 AM
I am very happy that decided to give us an opportunity to enjoy this game! I tried it out on another site a couple of weeks ago and had loads of fun with it.

The gameplay is typical in many ways for an M-3 game, contains lots of power-ups and has goals for each level. The music is spirited, bright and pleasant. The storyline is entertaining and adds a lot to the game. The devs were thoughtful enough to provide an option to play in "Timed" or "Relaxed" mode and you can change that at any time for a single level or let your change stay for the rest of the game. There is an added sense of achievement as you build and upgrade your "settlement" using the spoils that you obtain by being a skillful !

Edited on 01/29/2016 at 5:14:11 AM PST

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Jan 29, 16 4:51 PM
Told myself I would quit when I reached level 10 - then level 20, 30. Did I listen? No! I am now on level 50! It is that addicting. Lots of challenges especially level 47, where you are to collect pearls. My problem was that there were no pearls to fall. Finally after match 3-ing frantically the pearls made an appearance. and I got a huge reward of gold - over 2000!
This is one of those games I don't seem to be able to turn off. Another was Regency Solitaire.

kdubs review was spot on!

greetings from CANADA

ps. went back to the game and found the only negative (for me). I am finding it quite difficult to spot which icon is hidden behind the chains. (well, my eyes are 75 yrs young!)

Still here in the land of the

Edited on 01/29/2016 at 5:03:47 PM PST

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Jan 30, 16 6:10 PM
finished this game. really enjoyed it. sad to see it go - but - there is always aliases
towards I did use the power-ups, and It was quite exciting to see swords, fish, battle-rams, steering wheels, etc. falling like the proverbial flies.
going back to try in the harder mode with a different identity.
the true north
CANADA

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 12, 16 7:09 PM
It's not every day that you get a game with accordion music that makes a person want to get up and dance!

This is a fun game, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the story turns out.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 13, 16 3:29 AM
Well, now I know. And it would seem that a sequel is planned, so I'll look forward to that.

Shame I never earned enough gold to get the really high-priced items, though.

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Jun 30, 16 5:39 PM
Well, here I am again.
I have completed it again timed, and again using none of the boosters
This time I actually read the story.
Now .. I have a new question.
What purpose do the Match3, Match4, and Match5 serve?
a much needed and

Go to: