Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 28, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 6:45:36 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Imberis on Jan 28, 16 1:34 AM
I already have a bug.

On Windows 10. All of my drivers, etc. have recently been brought up to date.

There's a string/music puzzle to open a door early in the game in the backstage area. It looks like a harp. It froze on me when I tried to play.

I closed the game (it'd only close through ctrl + alt + del), and when I opened it back up again, it opens fine, but my screen is black except for the menu and inventory sections.

Edit: I had to restart the game and the puzzle worked from there.

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 3:04:55 AM PST

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Jan 28, 16 1:47 AM
I had this trouble all the time when I upgraded to Win 10. After much searching I learnt the graphics driver for Win 10 was deemed basic. So I downloaded drivers from my cards website for my old Win 7 OS. Problem solved and had no further trouble so if you did the Win 10 upgrade try this. Mind you Win 10 keeps trying to update but you can stop individual updates. Hope this helps.

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Jan 28, 16 3:38 AM
Imberis wrote:I already have a bug.

On Windows 10. All of my drivers, etc. have recently been brought up to date.

There's a string/music puzzle to open a door early in the game in the backstage area. It looks like a harp. It froze on me when I tried to play.

I closed the game (it'd only close through ctrl + alt + del), and when I opened it back up again, it opens fine, but my screen is black except for the menu and inventory sections.

Edit: I had to restart the game and the puzzle worked from there.[/quote

same thing happened here

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 28, 16 6:47 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 28, 16 6:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having trouble getting this game to work on their computer with Windows 10. Thank you for Imberis and Flissa2 for the helpful suggestions on restarting the game with a different profile or to troubleshoot the video card driver. I'm going to include below some help articles that contain great hints if players are having freezing issues, one article is specifically for Windows 10.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Windows 10

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help in any way that they can.

bfgBellerophon

2nonou2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 2nonou2 on Jan 28, 16 11:59 AM
I did the hop in the orchestra.I didn't get the wrench.Does anyone know why? Thanks ahead of time. I love mystery trackers......so, I'm a little sad.

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by akferret on Jan 28, 16 3:25 PM
I think its backstage where I'm at, I don't know if its on purpose or not, but hint doesn't work, and wasn't working in hop, I had to close out twice and restart for it to come back, and then it didn't finish the hop, so now I don't have whatever I should have got from the hop, and my only choice is to start the game again.

I'm running win 7

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 3:25:52 PM PST

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Jan 28, 16 4:18 PM
A couple of solutions from what I read above because I also love this series and have not been a happy camper since Elephant Games took it over because I continual have problems with their games so tend to bypass them now because it becomes too much extra effort to play them.

If the game freezes in a Hidden Object Scene, exit and restart the game and the object you need will appear in your inventory.

Next thought for those of you running Win 10, think about running the game in Windows 7. If you need to know how to do that, ask tech support or maybe somebody else can say how because I only know how to do that from a shortcut for a program on my desktop.

I did play the demo and have a comment about the Tasks taking up soooo much time in saying what we've done and should now do that you can't go chase and do what you seriously need to do in a timely manner. Oh well, guess it's now an additional Elephant Game prob.

Good luck all!

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 4:19:02 PM PST

drwuf
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by drwuf on Jan 28, 16 4:41 PM
As usual, this game does not work on Mac. So disappointing. This has been a recurrent problem with Elephant Games and Mac compatibility. What is the problem??

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Jan 28, 16 10:11 PM
drwuf wrote:As usual, this game does not work on Mac. So disappointing. This has been a recurrent problem with Elephant Games and Mac compatibility. What is the problem??

I am also unable to play on Mac. Immediately after clicking play, an error message pops up stating 'notgame quit unexpectedly.' I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the suggestions from the Big Fish help section listed above, but no luck. I got this exact error message when I tried to play Haunted Hotel X CE on the Mac. I've recently played both of the new Ravenhearst games and the new Puppetshow with no problems. I sent a Dr Felix on Haunted Hotel X problem, but issue was not solved, I ended up getting a coupon code to download and playing Haunted Hotel X game on a PC instead.

Thanks for posting your tech issue, I thought it was just me! Hope there's a fix for us soon!

Dee

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Jan 29, 16 3:08 AM
Running Windows 7 and game says trial expired when I downloaded it and I never got the chance to play the demo and when I went to uninstall it, it continues to say uninstalling and access any other games in the game manager!!!

marymaltese
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by marymaltese on Jan 29, 16 7:02 AM
Here is a strange case!! Many tech problems, however this one I truly like. I did have a problem at first downloading on MAC. It took a while and appeared that it would freeze. But it was my day. It did finally download and I got to play all the way through to the end of the game. As a matter of fact when I exited after some time playing, it said that I have 54 min left to play - and that was after playing for quite some time. However, when it told me that I could now play the Bonus Content, I started to do so. I got to play for approx 20 min and THEN told me my "time expired." So, after problems I have had with other games, this was a 'plus.' No need to purchase since I would only be paying to play the Bonus Chapter. For a change this tech issue was in my favor!!!!!

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Jan 29, 16 9:52 AM
I have a Mac. When I click play, the game freezes. Too bad.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Jan 29, 16 9:54 AM
having trouble controlling the mouse. It is all over the screen. Any one else having this problem.

[Post New]by mulepose on Jan 29, 16 2:45 PM
Playing the game on an iMac (El Capitan). No problems with downloading and installing the game. Played without issues (except for some slow loads of scenes). When I reached the TV Station scene I opened the window with the mixer, placed the lever, took the figurine but forgot to take the crate. Exited the window but when I wanted to open the window with the mixer again to pick up the crate this wasn't possible. Tried to exit the game and reopen it but it wouldn't help. Very annoying!

I warned my wife about it, so that she would not forget to take the crate and it worked all fine.

This must be a bug in the game. If you're not finished i a window it shall of course be possible to access it again!

[Post New]by jschandler on Jan 29, 16 3:13 PM
Win7: Error 801100 when I try to activate the game. It was one of three games purchased simultaneously (Order 249244902); the other two downloaded and activated properly. It appears in the Purchased History OK, but it doesn't install from there (only 2 of 3 install). There are zero games in the download queue. The Trial screen shows that I have one minute left and there's a Buy button, even though I already bought it. I tried flushing the IE11 cache; no effect. I tried signing off and signing back on; no effect. I tried turning off Windows Firewall; no effect (note that since 2 of the 3 games downloaded successfully, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that the problem is firewall, anti-virus, or DEP related). Tried switching to the "Alternate Method" of Network Connection; no effect (also unlikely). Tried the Find Games function under Options - Downloads; even though I have literally hundreds of Big Fish Games in C:/Program Files, the function just produces Error 801. This should be a BIG clue, but I don't see anything helpful in the Error 801 write-up. Tried downloading the .exe file and running it; same result -- only 2 of 3 games activate.

Jlceb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Jlceb on Jan 29, 16 3:44 PM
The Mac version is not working for me. As soon as I press the Play button and choose a difficulty setting, the game crashes. I've tried playing in a window, disabling special effects, reinstalling the full game, etc. You can watch the beginning movie just fine, and even the strategy guide and bonus content works fine, but the game can't be played.

This is in an iMac 5K from last year. I've played several other games (including some by Elephant) just fine, but no luck from this one.

[Post New]by TashaAlly on Jan 29, 16 4:17 PM
I'm running the game in Windows 10. It works fine for quite some time until the inside of the tv station. I cannot pick up the box under the control board and the hint doesn't even work at that point because I have done all I can do. I tried closing the game and going back in. Please help. I do not want to restart the game only to have the same thing happen again, since I have invested a bit of time in it. Thanks.

MUMM3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by MUMM3 on Jan 29, 16 6:54 PM
I am having exactly the same problem as you Tasha Ally. Can't progress from that point in the TV station for the same reason.

Go to: