Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 28, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 6:45:48 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 28, 16 3:27 AM
Is this Mystery Trackers...or Great Grandson Of The Phantom Of The Opera? If this is what has become of MT, I am SO disappointed.

Be prepared for layer upon layer of caches in zoom windows...opened with shapes for keys. I think it is a symptom of getting the game to look good on a phone screen.

The game gimmick breaks often, and has a repetitive mini-game attached. After finding 2 glowing spots, or "heat signatures"...a banner will appear telling you that ALL two have been found. We also have to pick it up TWICE...once for each spot...every time. Sigh.

The extras had an "Archive" section that could not be unlocked until we purchase the game. Maybe that is where the replay of minis and HOs is located? If not, we will not be replaying them.

I picked up a figurine/statuette and got an award for finding one collectible. No viewing of a collectibles area, until I found it. Maybe what they're calling collectibles is too pitiful to show us beforehand? We also collect pieces for 3 photos. The demo had enough for one, THAT ASSEMBLED ITSELF. If we miss some, I saw nothing to show that collectibles and morphs can be gotten later.

26 morphs in the regular scenes...a hand appears so you know you found one. 21 achievements, mostly performance related. Strategy guide, jump map, transporting hint, bonus game, usual CE stuff. No alternate game.

Hope you like Elf because you will be using him a lot. He has actually taken on almost super-human (or flying squirrel) abilities, the way he sailed out of the window, on to a tree limb, and sailed back in. Sorry Elf.

The ONE super-puzzle I found was also pitiful. Part of it was a 2-step match-3. I should have gotten an achievement for speed for the whole thing.

I've said, in the past, that I DO like a simpler game now and then. But not a mouse-driven click-fest. I don't believe the obvious morphing objects will save the day for this one. Even with the Game Club discount still working, I will pass.

As always, try the demo and judge for yourselves. Hope you find some fun today. Happy gaming!

edited...for kindness' sake...believe it nor not. Just so sad to see ANOTHER series simplified, almost beyond recognition. Don't even get me started on the cutting of CE "extras"...

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 9:26:02 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 28, 16 6:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Jan 28, 16 9:09 AM
9otters telling how it is as usual!
A lacklustre game at best, With very little to think about, no challenges or working it out
The gizmo thing was really easy, straight lines anyone?
No thank you Mystery Trackers, I won't bother with you again

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Jan 28, 16 11:06 AM
Have completed demo with over 40 minutes of time left this game is far too easy and as other reviewers have stated is full of silly gimmicks. The developer should spend more time developing challening games instead of putting games out on a production line time scale. OH HOW ELEPHANT GAMES HAVE FALLEN alas like a lot of the other premier casual game developers.This will not be a purchase for me.I am serioulsy thinking of leaving Big Fish games as i am now finding it more and more difficult to find and buy a challening HOP game.

[Post New]by gnadenlos_GER on Jan 28, 16 11:25 AM
Yes, it seams to be very easy. I took my time, looked around the extras and finished the demo (2 chapters) within 70 minutes and didn't have to use hint or skip once.

Instead the game gave me awards for being fast, just because I could solve every hidden object scene within 3 minutes, find very obvious music symbols extra fast and because I didn't skip the 10 "non"-puzzles. Achievements are a nice feature, but please let me achieve something first.

There are 5 chapters + bonus chapter, so the game will be 3-4 hours long.

Nothing new, no surprises. At least I experienced no bugs and the story and objectives were somewhat believable and conclusive.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 28, 16 4:00 PM
Hi all! Wow, we have #10 in this series. I think this is the longest series I've played. Of course I have them all! As always, I review on the game play and not the story, as others do a much better job than I can on that. The colors have been cleaned up a lot in this one and are very true, bright and clear. Graphics and animation are very good, even though the Avenger does occasionally move in a rather choppy motion. Game play was excellent, no problems during the demo and the game fit my large screen very well. Voice overs are very well done, age and character appropriate and have emotion, e.g. fear, anger, a bit sinister. Music was very nice as well, and moved with whatever was happening in the scene at the time. Of course, our little friend "Elf" is back, dressed and ready to help out when needed. He doesn't get used much, so he isn't bothersome at all. Really liked the sound FX. They seem to help keep a game moving and interesting.

HOPs are a variety of basic lists, silhouettes and interactive HOPs. Items are very easy to spot and the scenes are very clean and clear. Puzzles for the most part were quite simple. I did run across one that had multiple steps to complete. This type of puzzle usually frustrates me, but this one was okay. Hint system is very helpful and it does transport you to longer locations. This is a great feature, as you do back track a lot in this game. SG is the same as usual and it does clearly show where all the collectibles can be found. We have to use a machine to track where the "bad guy" runs off to, which I found to be rather silly and unnecessary, since I saw which way he went, but okay. When you use it, you play a very simple puzzle.

I did like the collectibles, mostly because there was more than one. So far, we have puzzle/photo pieces. Not sure what they do for you. These are not out in the open, so be on the lookout for them. Also have morphing objects, which morph fairly quickly. They are easy to miss and I have found one in every scene so far. You also find musicians. Maybe I was seeing things, but I think they morph as well. Again, not sure what they do for you either.

Just a quick note on the story...it's nothing new, but I did find the guys popping in and out of hiding places rather fun to watch. No one wants to mess with the Avenger! I beta tested this game back in October and have been waiting for it to come out. I don't give 5 stars easily, a game has to be exceptional to get those, and this one isn't quite there. As I said, the story is nothing new and the game isn't all that challenging, but I did find it fun. I think it was those silly men. I did click on them to see if they would talk, but they were too scared, so I moved on. I think this will appeal to all levels of players. Yes, I am adding it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Jan 28, 16 4:44 PM
I love games where there's morphing objects, but not enough to put up with the helpers. I really hate ELF at this point.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jan 28, 16 6:58 PM
Although I enjoyed the game, I now wish I'd kept track of how much time I spent playing it because once I'd finished the main game it seemed awfully short to me.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jan 29, 16 9:34 AM
I have mixed feeling about this game. I played both the main game and the bonus chapter. Both were very short. The graphics were good and had fun things to click on that animate. The story is a silly adaptation of the opera ghost or Phantom of the Opera. There is one number adding puzzle that has more than one solution and unfortunately only accepts the one in the Strategy Guide. Some scenes took awhile to load even though I have a decent graphics card. Most of the Mini-Games were fun and replayable with Casual and Hard Mode option. Unfortunately the only Mini-Game you can replay is the large one with the Match 3. So I do hope after this 10th installment that Elephant ends this series and does something different and less supernatural. Been there and done that too many times to count.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jan 29, 16 5:11 PM
Elf, my man, you were so essential for the first three MTs, now you're just kinda there. Put on my funk R&B instead of the game's sound, and lasted about halfway thru the demo before calling it a day. Sorry...

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Jan 30, 16 6:05 AM
This is where I come to get the 'real' reviews Thanks everyone for your honest review ! I'm going to download and try it for my self . I have all the other MT games but I'll try this one to see if I like it

Nefersitra
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nefersitra on Jan 30, 16 10:11 AM
Oh dear. Oh dear.

What has happened to Mystery Trackers?

It used to be that I'd play the demo then buy the game and play through to the end in this series. I played all the way through the demo - hoping that something, anything would happen to draw me in.

Didn't happen. There just is not enough to the story in the demo

I don't care for collectables or morphing objects but found myself looking for them to add some spice to the game.

Elf gets a good workout and my main thought was what kind of theatre lets dogs in? This probably sums up how engaging I found this game.

The people cowering in fear from the "Avenger" were annoying - if he's so scary, why don't you get out rather than hide in what seem like very small spaces?!?

[Post New]by myrnarose on Jan 30, 16 3:45 PM
Am playing the bonus game and cannot locate the ectoplasm in the hallway with the doctor. HELP

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Jan 31, 16 5:16 PM
It was not too bad...liked the music as well...agree about Elf...he is so unnecessary

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 2, 16 4:58 PM
Poor animation, screen freeze, and a bloody hanging (even if it's a dummy) means this is no sale for me.

I had fun playing the piano, though - what songs can be played with half the octave missing.

[Post New]by rfrankwalker on Feb 20, 16 7:16 PM
myrnarose wrote:Am playing the bonus game and cannot locate the ectoplasm in the hallway with the doctor. HELP

Go to: