bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Find Your Own Way Home

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 1, 09 12:05 AM
For the past few weeks, Ruby has been on assignment with the rock band, REO Speedwagon. Tonight the band's new album debuts and Entertainment Now will be airing Ruby's stories from the time she spent with the band on tour and in the recording studio. A star-studded album release party at a fabulous oceanfront estate is to follow, but Kevin Cronin is missing! Use your Hidden Object skills to find the legendary front man in Find Your Own Way Home!

Edited on 12/01/2009 at 9:54:39 AM PST

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Re:Find Your Own Way Home

[Post New]by lineck on Dec 1, 09 2:01 AM
After looking at the walkthrough I bought without trial, not too differant with a few neat mini games and looks long enough, wil be fun in between MCF

Cheers lineck

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 1, 09 2:12 AM
I have tried 30 mins of the trial; but don't understand the game so help please:-)
I tried the green hint button and it refills but nothing happens to tell me where the object(s) are? No compass or anything? Plus, I played the first lot of hidden objects, which took me to a screen with three bunches of photos and a load of compasses. I couldn't get any to work, then found myself back at the first screen with same objects to find all over again. Is it me, or is it the game? How do you get to the next level? I'm really frustrated at the moment as I can't be bothered to find all those objects again, if I can't move on. Tried reading all the info, but nothing tells me (that I can find) how to move on through the game. Wasted of trial time :-(
Would be really grateful for any help!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 1, 09 2:44 AM
I've cracked it now I think. Gosh, the green hint really involves some quick reactions! Am enjoying the game; quite different to most HOGs and def will buy it

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 1, 09 3:07 AM
One comment only: the worst HOG I have ever tried to play.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 1, 09 3:35 AM
hello fishies, i played for about 1/2 hour then quit, i could not work it out, the taking the photo bit was hard, could not do that, had to use a hint each time, i clicked and clicked and it still would not let me take the photo, the scenes were very grainy and quite hard to make objects out.....this one is not for me

flo314ca
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by flo314ca on Dec 1, 09 4:45 AM
I really enjoyed this game. There was a lot of variety. Some stuff was a bit tricky to figure out like the picture taking, but after I noticed the camera would flash to white quickly then I realized that's where you take the picture. I was going crazy as well at first! Just run the mouse around that scene and when it changes to white, that's the picture to take.

I made it to Chapter 1, level 10 before my demo was up. Not the greatest graphics but it was ok. I like the IHOG sections where you find the key to start the car.

If you feel like you keep playing the same level, you have to click on a different page when that level is over. I accidently did that the first time too.

I never figured out the compass hint, but the green paw hint was the one I used occasionally. You just look for the outline of the paw print in the scene to find the object.

Probably won't buy for now, but it was fun for an hour.

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Dec 1, 09 6:35 AM
I liked this game too flo, I've posted my review in the other thread but I'm glad I'm not alone in liking it

Yes I kept clicking on the level I'd just done and thought there was something wrong with the game I did it about 3 or 4 times before I realised lol.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 1, 09 6:50 AM
downloaded the game - played 20 min - will now DELETE - don't like this game at all - don't like the graphics (somewhat fuzzy/grainy), the hint system is the pits; a lot of items are very, very tiny and I found quite difficult to find. found it also to be somewhat slow between screens. Very, very disappointing !!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 1, 09 9:00 AM
I really liked it but found it difficult to understand. So probably won't buy.

tridimano
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tridimano on Dec 3, 09 4:11 AM
Hum this is the second game I have had trouble installing. ( the other was lost realms curse of babylon ) both seem to find difficulties when it starts into the flash installer)
I am running windows 7 home premium edition 64 bit. I am not sure if the problem is in the fact that it can't recognize the version I already have installed, or if it is trying to run an incomparable version. ( had trouble finding a usable version myself "since the flash is now mainly installing as a browzer extension, and is virtually completely incomparable with firefox" ) but I will continue trying things till I finally run down what is causing this problem. (better "game" than the actual game from the reviews

Go to: