debsaic
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

2.1 Expert Mode

[Post New]by debsaic on Jan 28, 16 12:48 PM
This one is really driving me batty! I can get within 3 seconds, but that's it. Any worthwhile tips?!?!

Darkaddict25
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:2.1 Expert Mode

[Post New]by Darkaddict25 on Jan 28, 16 5:21 PM
I am in the Same boat. It getting Annoying. I have Tried several different things. I fall Short. If I manage to get it I will try to remember what I did and get back to you.

Darkaddict25
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

2.1 Expert Mode

[Post New]by Darkaddict25 on Jan 28, 16 5:27 PM

Edited on 02/02/2016 at 4:45:01 PM PST

debsaic
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by debsaic on Jan 29, 16 4:23 AM
Thanks for you link. I had tried that as well. Good news! FINALLY made it!!! The biggest part was trying to make sure the lion "steaks" and/or both golds at the bottom left (near the exit) were used when the extra resources was being used. Took quite a few tries, but WHEW!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 2, 16 4:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Forum Moderation Team appreciates everyone who's taken time to post about this level. However, please keep the Forum Rules in mind when posting. Specifically:

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Please refrain from posting outside links in the discussions. By not including outside links in posts, we can make sure the forums are a safe and secure place for everyone. Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 02/02/2016 at 4:45:27 PM PST

barnum1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by barnum1 on Feb 5, 16 2:25 PM
It sure would be great if someone could share with the rest of us the information (NOT the link) that was available here only on January 28...

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 6, 16 2:26 AM
The info that was available was obviously the link, and I'd have a wild guess: for a youtube video. The BFG Mods wouldn't have deleted any additional text.

So, googling for a w/t for this level & mode might do the trick, as videos are usually included in the results.

Edited on 02/06/2016 at 2:28:36 AM PST

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Feb 6, 16 5:32 AM
I have tried that, but there are a lot of walkthroughs that are not expert mode. The one that I saw that was, and the only time I've been able to get gold on this infuriating level, I never built the bridge at the bottom center of the screen. An of the walkthroughs that do I'm pretty sure are not expert mode.

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Feb 6, 16 11:40 AM
I've had no luck with this one on expert mode no matter what w/t I use. Pretty sure the two vids I've found are not for expert level. Without posting a link can someone push me in the right direction?

Thanks.

[Post New]by CalledMomByThree on Feb 7, 16 8:57 AM
I mostly followed the Guide - didn't build the left bridge at all. Kept trying and trying and eventually got Gold on this in Expert mode. Have not yet been able to get developers record though. Would love some help in getting that

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Feb 9, 16 4:17 AM
I too searched in vain for any other external walkthroughs, vids, links, etc. I did finally get gold just this morning, 300+/- away from Dev. Rec, though I still barely made it.

Some things I've learned in replaying it so many times:

Have one guy do nothing but work his way to the Speed statue in the middle island while the other guy works his way up to the gold mine. Build the statue ASAP, while also upgrading wood to level 2. Once the statue is built, have one guy work toward freeing the prisoner while the other collects items, frees Tinkerbell (whatever her name is), upgrades food hut to level 2 (after collecting the last spike near prisoner).

Once the lion is free, he needs to get the top left steak ASAP in order to give you enough food to finish the bottom left (This is where I had been screwing up previously). After he is free, I've got one guy collecting, one guy building the witches hut, and one building the bridge to the minotaur. Once the minotaur is gone, then two guys are collecting gold and food while the third is working to clear the left side to the sign. Get the top steak as soon as you have the gold and that should give you enough to finish.

As for how to do all of that faster, your guess is as good as mine!

Kozza
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Kozza on Feb 9, 16 11:41 PM
Ugh... can't do it AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! This is starting to annoy me!!!!

[Post New]by riceredbrown on Feb 24, 16 10:58 PM
Finally beat the Developer's Record. I followed a plan I read on here somewhere: I skipped the bridge and the obelisk. I also didn't go any farther towards the obelisk than I needed to free the kid. I had a level 2 workshop, and built a gold mine and freed the prisoner as fast as possible, and tried to save gold piles for the bonus. I think what was key for me was realizing that after the lion gets the meat at the top, I didn't need much additional food, and I made sure to be mining constantly. Also make sure that you don't have tasks queued up at the end that cause the worker to take off after clearing the stones instead of first picking up what is next on the path. And I killed birds whenever it was handy. I don't think I needed the points, but I did it anyway.

Go to: