skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Level 42

[Post New]by skippystwin on Jan 29, 16 10:40 AM
This is the second time I've played this level. I clear two rooms, and that's it. Just goes between the two arrows - no game to play. Any hints?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 42

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 30, 16 9:56 AM
Press the left Ctrl plus the L key on your keyboard so you can see what "actual" level you're on. It's the second number that appears in the level counter at the top. Then Google the Jewel Match official website and look under the walkthrough for the actual level you're playing. My guess is that there are one or more keys in a puzzle you need to pick up in order to unlock some more scroll arrows, but since when you get puzzles depends on how efficiently you solve all the puzzles, HOS, and M3 boards it's hard to give specific tips without knowing what actual board you're playing.

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by skippystwin on Jan 31, 16 2:38 PM
I'm on Level 42. It has two boards visible which I have completed. There's nothing else. No keys. I have 3 manna bottles and 4 hammer powerups. That's it. I've played twice and get the same things.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 31, 16 3:27 PM
I checked both the JM website and YouTube and couldn't find anything... The only thing I could find in the forum was that this may be the level where you have to finish the wizard painting by dragging the pieces into it. Sometimes there's a silver "continue" arrow on the left side of the screen you can use to skip whatever the game may think you're missing. I did have it happen on one run through the game where I'd finished a puzzle earlier on, but then a phantom puzzle piece appeared on the left side and it wouldn't do anything (appears to be a random glitch) so then I clicked the silver arrow to keep going. Haven't played in a while so I can't offer any other advice.

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by skippystwin on Jan 31, 16 4:58 PM
Yeah, I don't get it. I've been playing Jewel Match 3 and 4, so I don't even remember which puzzles are which. I wish that you could back up or choose different levels to reply. Thanks for the input.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 31, 16 6:19 PM
I'm replaying right now but am also pretty busy with life - will get back to you in a few days. JM3 didn't have anywhere near as complicated of puzzles as JM4. I seem to remember it was more about maintaining the gardens there so the evil wizard wouldn't take over and cause you to lose (?) the game. Seems like the majority of the JM3 puzzles were some variety of jigsaw or rotate pieces in a grid thing.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 2, 16 10:35 AM
Here's what I did on level 42:

1) This is a HUGE level (500+ tiles to clear). In the first room that appears, collect 5 paper type pieces for the puzzle scene. There's a blue key to be found near the bottom left of the room. Use the blue key.

2) Scroll right, pick up 6 more paper pieces for the puzzle, find the yellow key near the bottom. Use the yellow key.

3) Scroll left twice, get 3 more paper pieces. Go to the puzzle by clicking on one of the paper pieces at the left and assemble all the puzzle pieces possible (the picture will not be finished yet).

4) Scroll right 3 times then down once. Find the last 6 paper pieces there, clear the remainder of the tiles and finish the wizard picture puzzle with the last 6 pieces.

Go to: