bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Jewel Quest Mysteries: Trail of the Midnight Heart forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 2, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Jewel Quest Mysteries: Trail of the Midnight Heart forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Jewel Quest Mysteries: Trail of the Midnight Heart players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Jewel Quest Mysteries: Trail of the Midnight Heart forum

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Dec 2, 09 12:17 AM
I downloaded the game and it shows in my game manager. but when I try to start it nothing happens. when I double click again I get the message that the game is already running. When I try to open a different game after this I get the message that a game is already running. I restarted the computer 3 times and the same thing happened and i was unable to get the game to run. Shame. I have been looking forward to this one.

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Dec 2, 09 2:00 AM
Cuddlefish wrote:I downloaded the game and it shows in my game manager. but when I try to start it nothing happens. when I double click again I get the message that the game is already running. When I try to open a different game after this I get the message that a game is already running. I restarted the computer 3 times and the same thing happened and i was unable to get the game to run. Shame. I have been looking forward to this one.

I have had this problem before. I solve it by going into the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and turning off the process (the name of the game).

DELLS148
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DELLS148 on Dec 2, 09 2:20 AM
[b]Idownloaded the game it went as far as to sign in player then froze up on me had to shut down computer to get out of it.i hate games that don't have demos

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Dec 2, 09 3:25 AM
Game is working just fine for me and I really, really like it. Pretty much a straight up HOG, none of that running around crap. There's one mini each level that can be a real click-fest, but if you don't reach the goal, you can just move on so no pressure there. Plenty generous timer so idk if there's an untimed option or not.

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Dec 2, 09 5:59 AM
I also hate games with no demo. I always skip by them. What do you do If you find you don't like them. Your stuck with a game you'll never play.

heidie0
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by heidie0 on Dec 2, 09 6:05 AM
I just wanted to drop in and say I too do not like games without a demo. However, you are not stuck with them if they don't work for you. Big Fish has been terrific about allowing me to choose another game if I don't like the one I purchase. That doesn't mean of course, that we just play the games and turn them in. But it does mean, if you buy a game without a demo, and it is a dud or does not work right on your puter Big Fish honors their commitment to customer satisfaction. I can't ask for more than that.

naedebpat
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by naedebpat on Dec 2, 09 6:09 AM
GH has a demo to try. But I'd still buy from BF! the customer service is better!

darkstarr
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by darkstarr on Dec 2, 09 8:32 AM
This is a great game hog and match 3 all in one. Have been playing for awhile, got it on another sight, can't understand why people do not like this one. Graphics are beautiful, game is not hard but bot too easy, had alot of enjoyment with this one.

[Post New]by chasanna on Dec 2, 09 8:49 AM
I am really enjoying the game and is giving great entertainment but my problem is on the jewel board stages the colour dosent show so you cant see anything how do i remedy that?

Talania1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Talania1 on Dec 2, 09 8:58 AM
I too am having a problem with getting the game to work. I click on the icon and it just sits there with a black screen with the windows 7 swirling loading icon and never goes beyond that. I don't know if it's because it is not compatible with windows 7 or what. This is exactly why I don't usually purchase no demo games. I want to make sure it works before I purchase. I also tried the windows 7 properties to change compatiblity but it does not have a compatibility mode on it *sighs*.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Dec 2, 09 12:45 PM
Interesting that someone else is having the game take over their computer. i am running Win XP with a LOT of ram. Never had a problem with a game not running before.

Thanks for the hint about the task manager. Totally forgot I could do that.

Cuddle

Zigzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Zigzy on Dec 2, 09 1:44 PM
Having trouble with computer shutting down after 5 or 10 min of play. Computer is not the problem as I played a couple of other BFG for over an hour and no trouble.
Anyone else having this issue?

[Post New]by thatsashame on Dec 2, 09 4:21 PM
Zigzy - are you getting a beeping and error message when you turn the computer back on? If so, it may be an issue with your graphics card. I had the same problem back ... could play just about any HOG game and tons of "regular" games on another site, but one particular game would shut my computer off, and then I'd get a thermal error warning when I turned it back on. Let me know if you're getting that, and I'll dig out the post from the very, very nice person that helped me figure out the problem.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Dec 5, 09 8:21 PM
I am having the same problem but with a different game ,i get the blue screen telling me it is shutting down to prevent damage ,but I was plying another game before this and do not have a problem with any of the others.I wrote to BF but I have to wait .The problem i have is with the Daily Deal game i downloaded 3 days ago .Does anyone can give me an idea of what to do?

[Post New]by Cookie234 on Dec 6, 09 11:36 AM
DELLS148 wrote:[b]Idownloaded the game it went as far as to sign in player then froze up on me had to shut down computer to get out of it.i hate games that don't have demos

I have the same problem. My grandson wants this game in the worst way, but so far, no dice. I didn't buy the game, just doing the 1 hour thing, but so far have used nearly 20 minutes of the time just trying th get the &%$*&&*^& thing to run. You can PM me with help.

Edited on 12/06/2009 at 11:37:59 AM PST

[Post New]by sistab1 on Dec 8, 09 1:36 PM
I down loaded this game and I can't play jewel quest the board is black and sound like its scratched, the music keep repeating itself like a scratch CD and I dont know what to do, can someone help me?

[Post New]by OldBartho on Dec 15, 09 4:23 AM
Altho the Jewel Quest games can be fun, I've had nothing but trouble getting them to run properly on my PC. Deleting and reloading the games doesn't work. They won't disconnect, the games work slowly, the mouse pointers lag. The grief simply isn't worth the effort. I tried this game and found the same problems...I actually had to do a manual reboot of the computer after it had locked up.

My advice....if you see the words Jewel Quest, stay the heck away from the game!

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Dec 16, 09 1:02 AM
Well this is yet another Jewel Quest with a problem. I can't even get the game started. I get the egg timer sitting on a black screen, only once have I got to the stage where I could put my name in and then the freeze. I have had to turn the computer off at the wall 3 times. I have bought Jewel Quest 3 and 4 and the problems I have with those games is unbelievable. All of these games go through IWin which I really dislike. The only Jewel Quest games which were a success was 1 and 2. I agree with the others, has any one actually tested these games. I have an updated video card, windows XP and no fire wall. All other Big Fish games and there have been many, I have had no problems with. What is it with the Jewel Quest series. What a shame as I really like the Jewel Quest games, if only I could get them to work.!!! Has any one any suggestions. Many thanksw

[Post New]by TexanRMe on Dec 17, 09 9:06 AM
My goodness, ya'll have had a tough time with this game. I havn't. I've been really enjoying it.

What I want to know is this: Do you have a walkthrough? I haven't seen it, yet.

Go to: