violawv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Does anyone know how people become really high scorers?

[Post New]by violawv on Jan 31, 16 8:34 AM
I have done some scenes in30 seconds but someone is always higher with 295500 or so.
Thanks!!

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Does anyone know how people become really high scorers?

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Jan 31, 16 9:12 AM
The highest scores I got 295000 + is when I can manage to click on each item quickly one after the other without pause or mistake. As far as the people who are over 296000 not sure, haven't quite gotten there.

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Jan 31, 16 9:51 AM
295K+ definitely requires a perfect chain. The higher scores within that are shorter time. For most of the scenes among my friend group, to be in the top 5 probably need to finish in 28 seconds or less, some of them it's closer to 26 seconds.

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jan 31, 16 12:27 PM
Scores of 296000 and above are a glitch where the timer doesn't work correctly.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 31, 16 1:04 PM
The time you take in the scene doesn't matter so much as the "timer".....I have actually spent up to 40-42 seconds on a scene and reached one of my higher scores. I have found items within 28-30 seconds on a rare occasion -- when I looked at the end score, I was surprised to find it was one of my lower scores (not even 200,000).

There is a meter that runs at the top left where it shows your score. At the beginning of the scene, the meter/line goes at a slower rate. As you click/select more items, the line goes faster.

The trick is to keep a steady clicking/selection as you go through the scene. And, this is VERY DIFFICULT to do. In ALL of my scene leaderboards on my iPad (currently at level 68), I am 6th place....and I have a 295,740 on one of those scenes!

I also have a lower level PC game (on level 23), and I have managed to actually be in 3rd place on a couple of the maxed out scenes.

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jan 31, 16 1:07 PM
I have several scores above 296k, so I can say that not all 296k scores are glitches. I can't get the same score every time but I usually finish a room in 17-30 seconds. If I'm on autopilot it sometimes takes me longer. I also do sometimes goof up the chain. I have several people on my friends list that have scores 200-300 points higher to me. They are just fast and can chain like no tomorrow. The more I play a scene the better I do. I had to give up on the Old Fireplace though as it doesn't want me to get any higher than I currently am.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jan 31, 16 1:35 PM
The glitch of the timer not working gave one a score of 296,900. That's fixed now and why the scores were reset thankfully.

It's possible to get well over 296,000+. It is all about rhythm and that multiplier chain

Not that I'm playing now!

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jan 31, 16 2:43 PM
Thanks FudgeChi,
I always thought that anything above 296,000 was due to the glitch, that would explain why those score have crept back into the game again.
Hope you are well?

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Jan 31, 16 4:22 PM
Rahia wrote:I have several scores above 296k, so I can say that not all 296k scores are glitches. I can't get the same score every time but I usually finish a room in 17-30 seconds. If I'm on autopilot it sometimes takes me longer. I also do sometimes goof up the chain. I have several people on my friends list that have scores 200-300 points higher to me. They are just fast and can chain like no tomorrow. The more I play a scene the better I do. I had to give up on the Old Fireplace though as it doesn't want me to get any higher than I currently am.

Rahia, I bow down before you for 17 seconds! My best is 24 for a few scenes and 26-28 for most of them!

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jan 31, 16 4:27 PM
kimberph, it's nothing really. I live in awe of FudgeChi's scores. Her and napoeon really! They are the two leads in my game. I bow down to them! I not worthy! I not worthy!

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Jan 31, 16 4:38 PM
It's simple, really. I take illegal substances (like sweet potatoes and spinach) to slow time down. I yam what I yam....

Ratso

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 31, 16 10:43 PM
How do you "zap" the items? Do you use a mouse or your finger on a touch screen?
I have heard that there is a laser pointer around as well. Would this achieve one of these fantastically high scores?
I just cannot get above 295K anywhere on the board, what ever "I smoke"

djcuz
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by djcuz on Jan 31, 16 10:59 PM
There's also the possibility that some of those high scorers use the wands and crystal balls to help them find things fast.
Personally I prefer to use my wands and crystal balls for selling when I get desperate for coins.

Crystaleyes

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Feb 1, 16 6:40 AM
I use a mouse, a very nice mouse. I feed it cheese, (just kidding but I do use a mouse)

djcuz, I sell off my balls and wands. I don't use them in hidden object scenes. I'm pretty sure some do but I can't be bothered to make an extra click when I'm in an HOS. I keep enough balls and wands to gift but other than that they met the sell button pretty fast.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Feb 1, 16 7:19 AM
I'm well thank you, Gemma

Rahia, your scores are good too

Wands don't count for the chain and crystal balls are too slow, so neither help with good scores.

I use a mouse too.

[Post New]by frequentfrog on Feb 2, 16 6:30 PM
I have a few scores over 296k so I can tell you it is possible to do without using the crystal balls (I find them too slow and I usually disenchant them all) or glitching. But it does take a lot of luck and practise (I'm pretty sure I only got my first 296k score when I already was somewhere in the 30-ish levels so after at least playing for 7 months) and I sure can't get them on all the scenes. Some scenes suit me, some really don't.

I play with a mouse, but I'm not sure I'd be as quick or as sure with a touch-screen. Now I can finish a scene under 26 seconds.

Heh, if only I played as good in the tournaments, I'd have that red cat by now. So I'm pretty sure that for me practise has a lot to do with playing well and quick.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Feb 2, 16 6:38 PM
I love to see where my friends are in the scoring.
But I wish they would take me off sixth place because I'm sure I'm not really in the lineup with almost 200 friends lol. =v=

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 2, 16 8:23 PM
djcuz wrote:There's also the possibility that some of those high scorers use the wands and crystal balls to help them find things fast.
Personally I prefer to use my wands and crystal balls for selling when I get desperate for coins.

Crystaleyes

If you use the wand, your score is very diminished.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Feb 2, 16 8:35 PM
I find that the pattern of objects also matters. My best scores come when not only do I move to and click every item seamlessly, but the items are clustered closer together and towards the bottom.

The size of the objects also matters. In some HOS, the objects are fairly big and easy to hit correctly with a fast-moving click (Crypt, Winter/Summer Garden, Belfry). Others have notoriously small objects that require a very precise click (Stone Bowl, Fire Fountain). It's hard to be both precise and fast!

Astra

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Feb 12, 16 1:01 PM
I don't even pay any attention to the score that I get. I used to try to get high scores but the stress took away the fun. You will always get the things that are programmed to drop no matter what the score so why add to the stress?

Good luck.

Go to: