Coin v. Inventory

Coin v. Inventory

[Post New]by MonkeyCheese on Jan 31, 16 7:02 PM
I just finished doing 100 HOSs. I kept track of the rewards and have the following results.

Coins 43/100 or 43%

Inventory 57/100 or 57%

That's considerably better than the 1 in 3 many of us had previously estimated.

Run your own test and list your results. Remember to clear out any open quests since rewards from quests are dictated by the Find Path and will skew the results.

I'm not promoting this as an argument for or against the new update. I just thought it would be good to actually have some real numbers to argue with either way.

Please, let's keep it neutral and report the facts only.

Thanks

MC

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Coin v. Inventory

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jan 31, 16 7:25 PM
You did not receive any shards?

[Post New]by MonkeyCheese on Jan 31, 16 7:35 PM
That should be Coins/Shards v. Inventory.

Sorry and Thanks

MC

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 31, 16 7:45 PM
Still having inventory cut by any amount from what was....is not fine. **D**

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jan 31, 16 7:45 PM
I'm only doing certain scenes at the moment and I can say it is mostly coins/shards for me. I rarely get an item from the Belfry or the Gaming Table any more. Perhaps my inventory has to be lower than what it is.

What is your inventory sitting at MonkeyCheese? I'm curious because I had mine at 100 (the most unused items) and nothing fell. I sold it down to 60 and finally got a Styx Charm. My Polestar, Banner of Loyalty, Wreath of Justice, Immortal Treasure and several others are sitting at 30. I did a mini round about 10 minutes ago and it was still just shards and coins. I'm getting highly frustrated.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jan 31, 16 7:54 PM
Every analysis I have done so far in my game, is 20%-25% HOS items, the remainder coins or shards. The only fluctuation has been in the coins and shards. Mostly more coins than shards, but sometimes shards run almost equal to coins. However, today I did not play, because I got coins and shards from my first 12 HOS. No HOS items. So, I shut the game down for today. Well, actually I shut down BF altogether and went and did something else.

[Post New]by MonkeyCheese on Jan 31, 16 8:01 PM
Rahia,

I only played HOSs in the Town.

I did not pay any attention to the Inventory Items that dropped so I can't compare them to my inventory. In general, I don't have massive amounts of inventory and the games being played are all at lower levels.

I don't think there are enough games in a "mini round" to constitute a large enough sample.

I had 3 columns. Games, Inventory and Coins/Shards. I made a hash mark in Games for each HOS I played and then a has mark whether it was an Inventory Item or Coins/Shards receoved.

MC

Edited on 01/31/2016 at 8:04:06 PM PST

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jan 31, 16 8:21 PM
I can compare it to my level 28 game, which doing five rounds without any quests open gave me nothing but coins and shards again. Ah no, I did get a Boiling Power from the Grand Altar several times. That game has pretty much zero inventory. I play hand to mouth on that one. I don't like doing it but it's the only way to currently get items.

Anyway, every game is different and every complete round will have different odds. The few times I did do all the HOS on my main game, level 69, I mostly got coins and shards. I don't need a lot of inventory built up but I do like being able to gift my friends. I figure 30-60 is good. If I fall below 20 then I'll worry. However, since I have stopped doing the Side quests and only get Studying Luck (currently, was getting Helping Hand before) as my DQ I don't have to worry about that.

I only know what inventory I have currently because I updated my screenshots for my current inventory. I was just curious. Like I said, every game is different. I do think some will have higher item drops while other it will be coins. It's the ebb and flow of this game. Who knows maybe in a few days I'll start to see items dropping again.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 31, 16 8:33 PM
Well, there is inventory, and there is inventory.....If for instance you get Foundation of the Universe (Bar Counter), Harpy Feathers (Crypt), Chain of Blood Rubies (Broken Carriage), Life Flower (Elfish Bas-Relief/Fairy Sculpture), Cannonball (Armor and Banners), Wise Saying (Mirror Nave/Mirrors), Heaviness of Sin (Mosaic Panel), and Sign of Tactics (Scroll Storage) ---- then you still have received basically no inventory because those are nearly worthless.

[Post New]by anythingred on Jan 31, 16 9:03 PM
Here are the results of 8 rounds in my level 21 game with 20 HOS open:
I received 5,5,4,11,9,4,9,7 items (most of those mentioned above) which comes to 30% for those 8 rounds. Does not inspire me to play this once fascinating and challenging game, which has become boring with a capital B.
anything red

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jan 31, 16 9:32 PM
NoFishToday wrote:Every analysis I have done so far in my game, is 20%-25% HOS items, the remainder coins or shards. The only fluctuation has been in the coins and shards. Mostly more coins than shards, but sometimes shards run almost equal to coins. However, today I did not play, because I got coins and shards from my first 12 HOS. No HOS items. So, I shut the game down for today. Well, actually I shut down BF altogether and went and did something else.

The 12 HOS were done at 9am on Sunday morning, hunt and peck in my level 69 game. Just now (11pm), I did one complete round of 28 (22 Castle, 6 Town) in my Level 27 game. Then I went back and did two more Castle. Total, 30 HOS. I received 6 HOS items, or 20%. Items were: Foundation of Universe, Seal of Courage, Sparkle Flamer, Druid's Hand, Chain of Fear, and Hunting Trophy. I have basically no inventory in that game, as I am still working the quests, but did not have any quests open when I did this analysis. In my main game, the inventory items run from 0 (no Polestars, no Immortal Treasures) to 30 (Hunting Trophy, Heaviness of Sin). But, IMO, silence speaks louder than words, and we have heard next to nothing from the powers that be in eleven days. I think we are beating a dead horse.

Edited on 01/31/2016 at 11:32:51 PM PST

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Feb 1, 16 12:15 AM
I kept scores for about a week, have stopped doing it because it was so discouraging (the results were).
I kept track of the amount of coins-shards-items and I noted how many items were items I'm always low on (the above mentioned polestar, immortal treasure but also the items for the Winter Idol, Binding Egg, torch etc). I also wrote down (pro round of HOS) how many quest items were included.

I can give you an average, wich was 70% shards and coins (45% coins), and 30% items.

But there was no pattern. Some rounds I needed two items for quests, and had only 20% items dropping. One round I had no open quest, and more than a third items dropping. Some rounds I thought 'Yay!' because I saw those rare items dropping without a quest for it, but I also had rounds where all the items dropping were the items I have over 50 of (Vampire Palm, the necklace at Broken Carriage etc.)

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Feb 1, 16 1:48 AM
I have been taking screen shots of the drops after every HOS I have played since my break; I have yet to type out the results but I do know I have seen a lot more shards and coins than inventory.
I find it rather disheartening to go to one HOS 3 or 4 times and not receive 1 item of inventory!
Apart from that I have found the update interesting, not all gloom and doom. I would like to see new HOS in the next update though.

robB1
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by robB1 on Feb 1, 16 2:06 AM
Have gone from avid player to barely playing since this last update so I can't say.

EOTR
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by EOTR on Feb 1, 16 6:48 AM
This morning I played all 66 HOSs and kept track of inventory/coins/shards. Results were discouraging.

Total HOS: 66
Items: 18 (27.3%)
Coins: 37 (56%)
Shards: 11 (16.7%)

Or,
Items: 18 (27%)
Coins+Shards: 48 (73%)

Not enough to keep me interested. Doing laundry is more satisfying.

Jhuppie

[Post New]by WisconsinMomL on Feb 1, 16 7:02 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Well, there is inventory, and there is inventory.....If for instance you get Foundation of the Universe (Bar Counter), Harpy Feathers (Crypt), Chain of Blood Rubies (Broken Carriage), Life Flower (Elfish Bas-Relief/Fairy Sculpture), Cannonball (Armor and Banners), Wise Saying (Mirror Nave/Mirrors), Heaviness of Sin (Mosaic Panel), and Sign of Tactics (Scroll Storage) ---- then you still have received basically no inventory because those are nearly worthless.

I sell harpy feathers...they are worth $25! I often put them on my request list for that!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 1, 16 8:33 AM
Okay, I just played a full 100 rounds, here's my results:

100 airship items
48 inventory items
19 shards
got 15 coins 35 times
28 stamps (12 plain, 9 rare, 6 unusual, 1 unique)
4 pink gift boxes
19 pet food
A total of 5475 coins

ETA: After reading Imamama's post below, I decided to add the following to mine:

Of the 48 inventory items I received:

26 I had over 100 of these in my inventory
8 I had 51-100 in my inventory
9 I had 26-50 in my inventory
5 I had 10-25 in my inventory
0 I had less than 10 in my inventory

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 12:27:31 PM PST

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 1, 16 8:56 AM
I am finding a slightly different..item result.......over 100 HOS's. My game is fixed on below 40%.....as low as 24%.....but not over 40%......just my game is on the low end of everything.....but I have noticed an increase with the stamps......especially Unique stamps.......and the new food too...well food in general is dropping. **D**

Imamama
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Imamama on Feb 1, 16 10:12 AM
I am on level 62. I have done 264 HOS (basically 4 complete rounds and a few extras for DQ's). When I started these rounds I had no open character quests but 1 (a new ZZ I had just opened)
Of those HOS I received 136 coin rewards ($2040); 50 shards and 78 items.
For the 78 items I received I broke it down into categories of how many I already had of the item in my inventory.
54/78 I had over 100 of those items in my inventory
15/78 I had 51-100 already in inventory.
8/78 I had 26-50 already in inventory.
14/78 I had 10-25 already in inventory.
9/78 I had less than 10 already in inventory.
Only 2 items of those 78 I didn't have any in my inventory (they were for a character quest for a new ZZ I had opened). I did not receive any hard to get items (banner/loyalty;immortal treasure;polestar)
Personally I would rather a chance at another item in a HOS than more coins. I would rather feed another pet or 2 to get more money. And I really don't care about the shards.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 1, 16 10:32 AM
Imamama wrote:I am on level 62. I have done 264 HOS (basically 4 complete rounds and a few extras for DQ's). When I started these rounds I had no open character quests but 1 (a new ZZ I had just opened)
Of those HOS I received 136 coin rewards ($2040); 50 shards and 78 items.
For the 78 items I received I broke it down into categories of how many I already had of the item in my inventory.
54/78 I had over 100 of those items in my inventory
15/78 I had 51-100 already in inventory.
8/78 I had 26-50 already in inventory.
14/78 I had 10-25 already in inventory.
9/78 I had less than 10 already in inventory.
Only 2 items of those 78 I didn't have any in my inventory (they were for a character quest for a new ZZ I had opened). I did not receive any hard to get items (banner/loyalty;immortal treasure;polestar)
Personally I would rather a chance at another item in a HOS than more coins. I would rather feed another pet or 2 to get more money. And I really don't care about the shards.

AWESOME.....analysis....and intel gathering......this is a great swatch of "regular" play of late.....and an undeniable look into the Castle at hand......despicable. **D**

Go to: