Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Clues here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 1, 16 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 6:30:22 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Clues here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 1, 16 6:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Clues here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Clues.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Feb 1, 16 6:47 AM
A different and challenging nanogram variation, however I wish they had used more distinctly different colors in some puzzles. It was hard for me to distinguish between light, medium, and dark shades of the same color palette.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 1, 16 12:04 PM
I thought that too, about the color variation.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 1, 16 5:54 PM
There is nothing challenging or elegant about this game. The music was annoying so I muted it. The sound effects are also annoying, and if I were to buy this game I would be playing it in silence while being bored.

No sale.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 1, 16 6:36 PM
I was hopeful that the promise of a storyline would set this game apart from other games in this genre. The idea that the pictures actually contributed to a murder mystery was appealing, but the quality of the pictures I revealed during the demo were less than some in other series that I play. I also ended up muting the music and sound effects because I found both to be awful. Unfortunately, this game is a no-buy for me.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Feb 1, 16 8:21 PM
I used a punch code that I had as I have almost every nonogram game Big Fish Games has. The technical difficulty I am having with the flashing screen is a definite drawback. The color differentiation is not enough on several puzzles. Several, once you are past the first color, are just fill in the blank spaces. There were a few that were a challenge, but most are not. Many of the puzzles have nothing to do with the story line.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Feb 2, 16 8:50 AM
This game has some of the features many of us have said we wanted - colors and auto-complete, for instance - but there are some problems that accompany them. As others have said, the colors are often hard to differentiate when they're shades of the same color. The flashing light screen after a "picture" (I use the term loosely as many of the items don't really look like anything, much less what the game says they are - and really, age???) are annoying and too bright. I turned the sound way down since the music wasn't appealing and I can read the dialogue on screen. But mostly I was hoping there would be some element of puzzling out the clues to add to the story and was unhappy to find that the game just tells you what the "clues" mean. I used a code to get it since I like the nonogram games and this one isn't as bad as some of the others, but I wouldn't have bought it at full price.

[Post New]by senioroh on Feb 7, 16 12:06 PM
I agree with most of the comments, especially about the colors. I'm enjoying this game more than most of the others available. I will definitely buy another version if they make one available.

Cards13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Colors too close to same

[Post New]by Cards13 on Feb 15, 16 10:41 AM
I also own virtually all the Nonograms that Big Fish offers and this one is not worthy of Big Fish in my opinion. While having more than one color is good, the colors are too similar to one another. Also the push pins detract from the game, the music is poor and the sounds need to be muted. Disappointed to read the story line was not much.

I suggest the Nonogram puzzle recently released is far superior. It does take some getting us to but well worth the effort.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Feb 16, 16 9:24 AM
My enjoyment from puzzles like this stems from being able to complete them without guessing and without needing clues. I'm not referring to difficulty level, but to whether it is possible to do so or not.

It's possible I'm missing something, but this would be a much better game if I had the directions/clues for all colors available at any time. I didn't get very far before I encountered a set of clues that made it impossible to even start eliminating boxes, yet if I had access to a different color I could have started a process of elimination.

I only ended up playing for about 10-15 minutes; guessing isn't interesting to me. This type of puzzle has been one of my favorites for years, but it needs to be done correctly - extra hints, guesses, or information that doesn't follow logically ruins the game for me. (For example, I don't mind the "fill in the blanks" feature when I have completed everything in a row, but I hate it when it gives me information I didn't already have. It's done pretty well here in the advanced mode, though it's unnecessary - for me - to have all the push-pin graphics.)

In all, I find it's too many bells & whistles, and not enough solid logic. No buy for me.

Go to: