Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

PLEASE~WHEN IS LA COMING TO OUR PC'S????

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Feb 1, 16 12:42 AM
Howdy,
I am so curious, and a bit upset about the missing LA on the PC! I spent A LOT of actual money to get through Shanghai, and was so excited to see the little guys in the boat take me to LA, the button appeared for 2-4 seconds, then "POOF" IT WAS GONE! And now I am really bummed to see that only the tablets or the other tech. items are getting the updates!!!!
Why are you forgetting your loyal PC customers ????
It really hurts to see us be neglected and forgotten.... we are your paying customers too!
So, could SOMEONE PLEASE address this issue?
Thank you very much. I miss playing Gummy Drop, and as mentioned, spent a lot of cash so far. So, I feel I earned my way to LA!
Looking forward to hearing back from anyone!
Have a wonderful day!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:PLEASE~WHEN IS LA COMING TO OUR PC'S????

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 1, 16 7:34 AM
Hi Sportspaz1449,

I definitely understand wanting to inquire when new content will be available on the PC platform. The Moderation Team isn't privy to all the information that surrounds when an update with more content will be released for a game. Rest assured, we do release these updates as soon as possible after they have been provided to us from the developer and that the proper channels have been dealt with. Once we are aware of an update being available, we will post in the following thread:

Update available for Gummy Drop! (PC) September 22, 2015

Please keep in mind that many factors contribute to the release of an update for Gummy Drop! on the PC platform. As the PC version of Gummy Drop! is it's own standalone version, different means have to be dealt with for an update to be released, as there are many different permutations of PCs on the market today.

We greatly appreciate everyone's patience and support for Gummy Drop! and will update the forums if any additional information is known. For more information on the PC version, see the following thread:

Gummy Drop! (PC) FAQ

Players are welcome to reach out to a moderator if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Pdominian
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Pdominian on Feb 1, 16 8:03 AM
I hope that the next pc update is not for LA only but some more cities like Seoul, Havana, Rio and St. Petersburg since it's almost 4 months from the last update.

P.S: I am still in Tokyo on PC, not sure if the PC version are discontinued or not?

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Feb 1, 16 8:35 PM
Sportspaz1449 wrote:Howdy,
I am so curious, and a bit upset about the missing LA on the PC! I spent A LOT of actual money to get through Shanghai, and was so excited to see the little guys in the boat take me to LA, the button appeared for 2-4 seconds, then "POOF" IT WAS GONE! And now I am really bummed to see that only the tablets or the other tech. items are getting the updates!!!!
It really hurts to see us be neglected and forgotten.... we are your paying customers too!
Thank you very much. I miss playing Gummy Drop, and as mentioned, spent a lot of cash so far. So, I feel I earned my way to LA!
Have a wonderful day!

I totally agree with everything said here. I realize the different platforms but seems unrealistic to take over four months for any info regarding update if there is genuine interest in the progression of the game. The long delays in the updates with no useful info makes me very cautious of paying real money into the games as of late. I am more than willing to spend money to pay longer and go farther in the games but I purchased at end of Shanghai and came to update point of LA. Have played all levels so now I have extra coins accumulated and nothing to use them on. Very disappointing. I started a second game under another user account to pass time waiting for update but after four months beginning to doubt.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 2, 16 4:04 AM
basmith12 wrote: I realize the different platforms but seems unrealistic to take over four months for any info regarding update if there is genuine interest in the progression of the game. The long delays in the updates with no useful info makes me very cautious of paying real money into the games as of late.

My thoughts exactly. The fact that the platform is different in no way justifies the undue delays in updating, particularly if compared to the avalanche of updates in the mobile platform. And it's become a vicious circle- they don't update perhaps because of low income, which becomes even lower because nobody wants to pay for a game for which you don't know if and when there will be another update and if and when the bugs will be fixed. The lack of special features, which I understand will never be added, plus the total lack of customer support also says a lot. They might as well do away with the PC version alltogether.

Pdominian
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Pdominian on Feb 2, 16 5:55 AM
When I first knew that this game is available on PC, I felt happy because I can sync my progress with the mobile platform. But, it is a stand-alone application and I have to replay it from Sydney. As much as I love this game, I wish that it has the Connect to Facebook feature. It will take one month to complete a city, let alone another 9 cities which I haven't completed yet.

Plus, Bigfish are not the developer so they also don't know when LA is available. There's no use asking though. Their job are only to told us about new updates and any news related to this game. Only Game Forest can tell us the answer.

P.S: Are the programmers for the PC version have resigned? I mean, they won't forget the mobile platforms, but 'purposely' forgotten PC?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 2, 16 8:22 AM
Pdominian wrote:Plus, Bigfish are not the developer so they also don't know when LA is available. There's no use asking though. Their job are only to told us about new updates and any news related to this game. Only Game Forest can tell us the answer.

This is not true- BFG may not be the developers, but they OWN the game, so it is they who call the shots, not the other way around. The developers have contractual obligations to BFG. These are facts that BFG conveniently fails to advertise.

It's only the moderators who actually may not know (as they always say), but since they are the only BFG representatives that are available to us, it is only natural for us to ask them, and for them to relay such frustrated requests to the responsible persons. Who in turn tell them to reply with those standard non informative replies....

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 2, 16 9:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

Please keep in mind that the Moderation Team continues to advocate for the players and request additional information surrounding an update for the PC platform. While we have yet to be informed about the addition of new cities, the PC version of Gummy Drop! hasn't been discontinued.

While it may seem simple enough on the surface to have the same updates for all platforms, the PC platform is it's own standalone version. This version is completely separate from the mobile version that we have available and many factors have to be considered when building updates on the PC platform. We can assure you that the players on the PC platform are not forgotten. Your patience and support for this game are greatly appreciated.

Any changes to the games that we provide such as Gummy Drop! are made by the developer. The developer and the teams here at Big Fish work together to bring any type of content to the players. The Moderation Team will continue to pass along feedback and request information that pertains to an update for the PC platform. Once any information is heard, we will absolutely post in the forums.

Thank you for your patience. Please reach out to a moderator if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

madelainef
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by madelainef on Feb 3, 16 3:35 PM
OK, there are lots of excuses for not producing LA for the PC but nothing fresh since last September?

My, I am glad I haven't spent any money! I'd be steaming mad instead of mildly irritated!

Much longer and I will just stop playing this.

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Feb 5, 16 3:40 AM
Eli173 is right. I understand that different platforms require a different criteria to update so they may not be in sync. However the mobile platforms have been getting new content and enhancements about every two weeks, the PC players have been patiently waiting almost 5 months not only for new content but to receive fixes for all the technical problems we have made them aware of. We pay a monthly membership to BFG, bottom line is they are responsible for the games they offer. As a PC customer I don't feel my business is valued.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 5, 16 7:13 AM
I think that with the next PC update (if any- I still have my doubts but for the time being I persevere by doing the Daily Events and completing all the side streets) we should get all the remaining cities in one shot, and then at least one new city per month. Getting just ONE city every 5 months or more is totally unacceptable!

madelainef
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by madelainef on Feb 11, 16 10:26 AM
This thread has sunk to page 3 so I'm just reminding the mods that we mind about this issue

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Feb 11, 16 10:37 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that the moderators are continuing to request the information about when we may see the next batch of cities for the PC version of Gummy Drop!

As has been mentioned previously, the PC version of the game is entirely separate and works differently to the mobile versions. These differences can impact the frequency with which updates are released.

Thank you for your understanding and as soon as more information is shared with us, we will absolutely share it with you all.

bfgMurrumbidgee

madelainef
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by madelainef on Feb 11, 16 10:50 AM
Thank you for the reply, but no, I don't "understand" in the sense that you mean.

I do understand that the code is totally different for the PC but I don't understand why the PC version is so unimportant.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 11, 16 11:16 AM
And I'll repeat once more:

If BFG is interested in the PC version, then:

-WHY have they still not fixed the serious bug that already prevents many people from playing and can hit anyone at any time?
-WHY have they still not fixed Paris 95 and New Orleans 16 in the PC version?
-WHY have they still not written the program that allows them to refund resources or pass levels for PC players?
-WHY have they not included any of the special features (old and new) included in the mobile?

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 11:18:56 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 11, 16 3:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

All of the items that have been pointed out in eli173's post above are items that the Gummy Drop! team have been made aware of. However, these fixes or additions are all things that would need to be included in an update. If those items did not require an update, then they would already have been fixed or added.

As most of you are aware, the Forum Moderation Team does not receive any advance knowledge regarding updates for any of our games. While we would like to have more to share, there are simply no other available details at this time. We are always sure to advocate for our players and always share update news as soon as it's made available.

As a reminder, let's keep the Forum Rules in mind, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Thank you for your patience, and we'll be sure to post any new information regarding updates to the PC version as soon as we have any.

bfgWaimea

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 3:53:10 PM PST

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Feb 12, 16 5:43 PM
Sportspaz1449 wrote:Howdy,
Have a wonderful day!

Edited on 02/12/2016 at 5:45:18 PM PST

Go to: